pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Mossy liked the idea of this experiment so I volunteered! I'm setting up a Sea of Green grow. I'll feed two plants H&G Soil A & B, the other 2 will get Expert Gardener ( yea right.... ) all purpose plant food 15-30-15 NPK that I bought for $2.99...... Haven't found H&G's NPK or content info yet.

They will be growing in with 21 plants in organic soil.
I'll post pics in about 2 weeks it will be that long before the tent is ready

Bring it on Pops - I'm down for some Cheap Vs "Tailored" nute comparrisons. I'm trying an organic tomato feed test on an outdoor guinea pig (a plant ... not a real guinea pig!)

SAying cheap .. the bottle cost nearly a tenner! lol could have bought canna A&B for that! Oh well - it stinks to high heaven so must be good! :)

Bring it on Pops - I'm down for some Cheap Vs "Tailored" nute comparrisons. I'm trying an organic tomato feed test on an outdoor guinea pig (a plant ... not a real guinea pig!)

SAying cheap .. the bottle cost nearly a tenner! lol could have bought canna A&B for that! Oh well - it stinks to high heaven so must be good! :)
Blue what is a tenner

That sounds cool. Can't wait to see the results of this test

Me Too..I sometimes Think that everything to do with our Hobby is over-priced..:smoker:..pops thread will be used as a Tutorial for our New Growers when he finishes the Review..:thumbsup:..it will also Help the members who cannot access canna ferts for Security Issues.

Bravo pop22...:d5:..you will Help hundreds.

pre-mixed dry organic nutrients are the most economical. Don't know what's available outside the USA but Grow More, Doctor Earth's, Jobes all have good organic products. I'm a grow more fan. Abox of Organic Soil Builder cost me $4.00 a box. I ordered 4 boxes because of shipping cost, so it ended at about $10.00 a box. I estimate it costs me about $0.06 per plant and even less actually because I use my own worm castings so I can use less Grow More.
its partly why I went that route. I have no issues with using mineral based nutes, but organics is simpler. I rarely have to worry about ph, in fact, I only check when something looks off and I've yet to find my ph off as long as I don't use my tap water. This test will be run along side my organic plants. Should be interesting!

Yes I did. I think they would benefit from the "layered" approach to organic container gardening. Seems like they don't want much until they hit flower. However, it could have just been hot spots in my soil mix. Even my big plant had a brief problem. Also , my soil mix needs a little adjustment for a bit more N, but then, you can see what my big YDB looks like.....

I'd say, more worm castings in the top layer, with more manure(s) in the bottom.....

So Pop, did you once say YDB's are a little nute finicky??

Back