Nutrient lockout?

I'm gonna tag @Mañ'O'Green on this one he's much better than me at diagnosing he may have a different opinion. He hasn't been around as much lately so it may take awhile for a response
They could be dead by then 😂

Bottom feeding is tricky me thinks, better for the excess salts to get removed by doing a top feed with 10~20% runoff each time, messes up pH too in some cases by bottom feeding
I've not had a problem like this in previous grows I honestly think I've used too much pk9/18 it's the only variable over never used before.... And I've also read up a lot about never watering from the top when using autopots as all the salt from the top will be washed down.

@ChuckleBrother Your plants do not look that bad. Your soil has got out of balance but it is nearly impossible to tell where you went wrong. It is most likely from too much fertilizer or the dreaded salt line from bottom feeding. Do not flush soil ever! You can however do a foliar feed of Earth Juice Micro Blast trying to avoid the buds -pretty tricky. If you have a salt line you do not want to top water now it will make things worse. Even at that I think you will make it to harvest. The plants might get ugly but you are far enough along to continue on.

By the way, plants do not have a calendar. They look to be 3 or 4 weeks out.

:goodluck:

@ChuckleBrother Your plants do not look that bad. Your soil has got out of balance but it is nearly impossible to tell where you went wrong. It is most likely from too much fertilizer or the dreaded salt line from bottom feeding. Do not flush soil ever! You can however do a foliar feed of Earth Juice Micro Blast trying to avoid the buds -pretty tricky. If you have a salt line you do not want to top water now it will make things worse. Even at that I think you will make it to harvest. The plants might get ugly but you are far enough along to continue on.

By the way, plants do not have a calendar. They look to be 3 or 4 weeks out.

:goodluck:
Thanks man.... although I thought autos had a shelf life? I've grown photos before in the same setup that didn't have as much yellowing as these autos do now. There are so many conflicting views online I don't know what to believe but if you say they're good for a harvest then I'll take that on board. I've emptied the rez and given bloom only dropped the boosters and turned the tap off for the rez till they take up what's there.

Thanks man.... although I thought autos had a shelf life? I've grown photos before in the same setup that didn't have as much yellowing as these autos do now. There are so many conflicting views online I don't know what to believe but if you say they're good for a harvest then I'll take that on board. I've emptied the rez and given bloom only dropped the boosters and turned the tap off for the rez till they take up what's there.
I am not familiar with your nutrients but Bloom only may throw you further out of balance? take a read here:

I am not familiar with your nutrients but Bloom only may throw you further out of balance? take a read here:

I've read it, but I'm not very academic 🤯 I'm not entirely sure what I should do, I haven't turned the rez on yet with just bloom. What do you suggest? Just water for a while?

What do you suggest?

They don't look that bad, but could progressively get worse depending on which direction you go. Since you're in soil, you can either go plain pH'd water for a few days in the res, to try and flush, or keep the nutrient feed the same (minus pk boost). I'm assuming you're using shogun terra bloom. Is this a clear liquid?

In my experience with autopots, if you're feeding correctly and you're starting to see multiple deficiencies, it's probably lockout. The only way I remedied this situation was to take the pots out and flush with 1/2 strength nute feed until I seen the EC drop to acceptable ranges ~1.5EC for my case. Two days later I began to top feed only, normal strength nutes, and had a successful harvest. It should be noted I use coco which makes using salt-based nutrients easier to flush when necessary.

If I were to use autopots and soil, I'd go the Build-A-Soil route and use dry nutients. During flower, top dress and water from the top and use the autopots for supplemental watering inbetween top feeds. If using those thick 'organic' liquid feeds, I'd only water those from the top. Never in the res.

Personally, I've put the autopots back on the shelf. They have their place, but for me a drip system is so much easier and I never have to worry about lockout. DTW lets me push the feedings too. I usually run Floraflex nutes at 2.1-2.4EC in my tap(0.5EC). I've also read that photos can go up to 3EC.

Back