Live Stoners Old New guy with Info Overload

Here is a little glimps into the last 53 days. I started the NL auto's as planned in great lakes water only soil with a little fish crap and gaia bloom. I didn't do much but water and adjust the tent a little. I wanted to just be a observer to the first grow.

One thing has me a little puzzled. I understand HOW to achieve negative pressure in The tent, but why? From the get go I’ve had a fan outside bottom blowing enough air to inflate (for the lack of a better word)the tent.
5F8E2060-357C-4025-AF17-EADF312B9CC9.jpeg
2C4F64E7-1A2C-458E-9FAB-D378D5D434EB.jpeg
AE98CB0C-65ED-4364-98E5-3D0F23D61D20.jpeg
64CFCAE5-D3A0-408D-B4C4-3224F91FF07F.jpeg

Here is a little glimps into the last 53 days. I started the NL auto's as planned in great lakes water only soil with a little fish crap and gaia bloom. I didn't do much but water and adjust the tent a little. I wanted to just be a observer to the first grow.

One thing has me a little puzzled. I understand HOW to achieve negative pressure in The tent, but why? From the get go I’ve had a fan outside bottom blowing enough air to inflate (for the lack of a better word)the tent. View attachment 1523011View attachment 1523012View attachment 1523013View attachment 1523014

The main issue with positive pressure in your tent is it causes unfiltered air to seep out so you will have more smell. Also it can leave air pockets within the tent that don't get recycled air as often as it would if there was negative pressure with that vacuum effect. With your tent having a lot of extra open unused space that is less likely to happen but the more you fill it the more this will come into play.

Negative pressure also makes it easier to control your environment and it simulates the plants to get more fresh air being ran across rather than air that had just seeped out and got sucked back in.

Looks good so far, hope that helps!

The main issue with positive pressure in your tent is it causes unfiltered air to seep out so you will have more smell. Also it can leave air pockets within the tent that don't get recycled air as often as it would if there was negative pressure with that vacuum effect. With your tent having a lot of extra open unused space that is less likely to happen but the more you fill it the more this will come into play.

Negative pressure also makes it easier to control your environment and it simulates the plants to get more fresh air being ran across rather than air that had just seeped out and got sucked back in.

Looks good so far, hope that helps!
Lucky I asked when I did @Dankerson . I started adjusting the tent after reading your explanation. Of course I nearly collapsed the tent using too heavy a hand "You realize I'm so new to this I'm pooping green right"? LOL In the past 24-36 hours they have really developed an aroma and having the neg pressure is allowing the air to be filtered for now.

Information overload again: When y'all answer one question it leads me to the next, and I just have a toe in this river. The tent has had neg pressure for a day + now and the environment inside seems ?? different ?? . The air seems thicker but rh is the same although it was unusually warm today. Added for context, I am in the last few weeks of flower. Take that with a block of salt because I have saw exactly two live plants in my life before August.

Lucky I asked when I did @Dankerson . I started adjusting the tent after reading your explanation. Of course I nearly collapsed the tent using too heavy a hand "You realize I'm so new to this I'm pooping green right"? LOL In the past 24-36 hours they have really developed an aroma and having the neg pressure is allowing the air to be filtered for now.

Information overload again: When y'all answer one question it leads me to the next, and I just have a toe in this river. The tent has had neg pressure for a day + now and the environment inside seems ?? different ?? . The air seems thicker but rh is the same although it was unusually warm today. Added for context, I am in the last few weeks of flower. Take that with a block of salt because I have saw exactly two live plants in my life before August.
As long as you have enough fans moving air around inside the tent you should be good. If you're worried about your tent sensors being off I usually have a little battery powered unit I'll do spot checks will to make sure it's still working properly. If that's all good then trust your instruments. :thumbsup:

Also if neg pressure sucks your tent in, get some 1”pvc pipes and cut for lateral bracing around sides.
This works well, if you wanna be lazy like me gorilla tents sell brace kits as well. Bought one for my 5x5 ac infinity tent and it fits well.

I did reach out to gorilla tents and they were amazing! The one interaction I had with customer service convinced me Gorilla will be my next tent.

I have noticed they have started taking in more water the last couple days.
8B4DB73A-8598-4E1A-B6C1-2E65BA62D677.jpeg
C72FBAC2-C3CE-433B-9680-460A1B617A23.jpeg

now how did burnt ends get in there?:biggrin:

Back