Opinion/advice on my set up

Reaction score
Hi, bit long winded here so if you last till the end I thank you eternally. Just going to list my everythin I have for my set up and would love to hear everyone’s opinions on anythin ive missed/not to use, how to use which properly and any tips and tricks to help me along. I’ll be planting straight into the 12L pots.
•MarsHydroTS600 grow light and 70x70x160cm tent
•4” carbon filter inline fan
•6”oscillating fan
•2 digital tiners
•12L fabric pots
•50L biobizz all mix
•50L biobizz coco mix (not sure I’ll use, originally read mix 20%perlite20%coco60%all mix)
•10L Plant!t Perlite
NUTES
•bio tabs (was gonnae use as a test on 1 plant but unsure how they work etc so I’ll leave that)
•biobizz alg-a-mic, root juice, bio bloom, too max, fish mix
SEEDS
•fast buds auto strawberry lemonade
•Dutch passion banana blaze

I’ve a load of questions to, I have looked into all these in general but would be good to hear from the pros lol
•best germination method ?
•do I just drench the soil with straight water before planting the seed? If so, how much water roughly for a 12L pot.
•when to use root juice, Alf-a-mic, fish mix?
•opinions on biotabs?
•should the fans be on all the time?
•opinions on lighting schedule and if if go dark for a few hours do the fans stay on?
•don’t want to over water so is there a rule of thumb for how much? Da brick pots drain better apparently so will this affect it?
• difference between Alg-a-mic and cal mag and which/when to use ?
•any advice tips and tricks much appreciated, if you got this far thanks so much for reading, you guys are awesome:smoking:

•best germination method ?
•do I just drench the soil with straight water before planting the seed? If so, how much water roughly for a 12L pot.
•when to use root juice, Alf-a-mic, fish mix?
•opinions on biotabs?
•should the fans be on all the time?
•opinions on lighting schedule and if if go dark for a few hours do the fans stay on?
•don’t want to over water so is there a rule of thumb for how much? Da brick pots drain better apparently so will this affect it?
• difference between Alg-a-mic and cal mag and which/when to use ?
•any advice tips and tricks much appreciated, if you got this far thanks so much for reading, you guys are awesome:smoking:
1. you can use the paper towel/ cotton pad method dutch passion has a video on it some people use riot cubes some people start straight in the pot i like the 1st method but its about what works for you

2. for a 12l pot i would soak it with about 1-1.5L of the correct ph water and see how that goes you dont want runoff

3. never used the product what are the instructions?

4. i like biotabs iv used them once there are some threads in the biotabs section worth a read

5.yes your fan should be on all the time for constant airflow you dont need alot just a light breeze

6.18/6 or 20/4 are he most popular lighting schedules for autos and yes fans stay on when lights out

7. get used to how the pot feels after watering then water when you notice it become lighter it will come with some time and experience but little and often worked great for me when i was starting

8. iv not use the bio bizz range so i cant help there

9.hope iv answered some of your questions

If you don't already have them a ph and ec/ppm meter are essentials. It seems like you wouldn't need them but they can help you stay out of trouble.

Especially if you don't know the ph of the water you are using it's important to check. Add nutrients then check ph. Also check ppm to make sure you don't overdo it. A ph up/down kit is a good idea too.

That's all I've got for ya.

as soil likes a certain ph range different to that of cococo,mixing 2 diff mediums is going looking for issues later in grow.same goes for mixing liquid nutes with slow release tabs.Allmix can sometimes be a tad hot for autos.
fans should be on 24/7.anywhere from 16/8 to 24/0 lights on 20/4 is popular.
think about spares,yes spares as a fan,filter shitting the bed could land you in a heap of shit.1 circulation fan is the minimum.
loads of info on biobizz site they have a good FAQ's
root juice first 2 weeks imo a hugely overpriced tiny bottle that does little to no good.algamc all the way or from week 2.As you in allmix not lightmix i wouldnt feed for the first 21 days.algamic is seaweed extract,calmag is calcium and magnesium tiny rust spots/a blotchy lightness or 1ml from about day 17 ish upto 2ml week 5 ish.
keep it simple stupid kiss.less is more.the less you do the less can go wrong.dont panic.dont look at them more than twice a day.
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

as soil likes a certain ph range different to that of cococo,mixing 2 diff mediums is going looking for issues later in grow.same goes for mixing liquid nutes with slow release tabs.Allmix can sometimes be a tad hot for autos.
fans should be on 24/7.anywhere from 16/8 to 24/0 lights on 20/4 is popular.
think about spares,yes spares as a fan,filter shitting the bed could land you in a heap of shit.1 circulation fan is the minimum.
loads of info on biobizz site they have a good FAQ's
root juice first 2 weeks imo a hugely overpriced tiny bottle that does little to no good.algamc all the way or from week 2.As you in allmix not lightmix i wouldnt feed for the first 21 days.algamic is seaweed extract,calmag is calcium and magnesium tiny rust spots/a blotchy lightness or 1ml from about day 17 ish upto 2ml week 5 ish.
keep it simple stupid kiss.less is more.the less you do the less can go wrong.dont panic.dont look at them more than twice a day.
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:
Do you reckon all mix is too much of a chance to take for these autos ?
should I soak the soil before I pot my germinated seed ?
just good ph water for the first 2 week at least ?
whats the deal with fish mix ? When should I introduce this?
ive grown 1 auto outdoor before with hardly anynutes after burning her sisters but I’ve never been able to have a proper tent set up until now

If you don't already have them a ph and ec/ppm meter are essentials. It seems like you wouldn't need them but they can help you stay out of trouble.

Especially if you don't know the ph of the water you are using it's important to check. Add nutrients then check ph. Also check ppm to make sure you don't overdo it. A ph up/down kit is a good idea too.

That's all I've got for ya.
Helpful all the same, lucky to have the support here and it’s much appreciated

1. you can use the paper towel/ cotton pad method dutch passion has a video on it some people use riot cubes some people start straight in the pot i like the 1st method but its about what works for you

2. for a 12l pot i would soak it with about 1-1.5L of the correct ph water and see how that goes you dont want runoff

3. never used the product what are the instructions?

4. i like biotabs iv used them once there are some threads in the biotabs section worth a read

5.yes your fan should be on all the time for constant airflow you dont need alot just a light breeze

6.18/6 or 20/4 are he most popular lighting schedules for autos and yes fans stay on when lights out

7. get used to how the pot feels after watering then water when you notice it become lighter it will come with some time and experience but little and often worked great for me when i was starting

8. iv not use the bio bizz range so i cant help there

9.hope iv answered some of your questions
How did you find biotabs? I thought about trying say 3 plants all this varying nutes/combos to see what worked best but as much info I can gather is helpful AF, I’ve read up on so much and a lot differs between growers, plus I’m guilty of getting distracted reading through all these good forums lol one minute I’ll be like kl, no nutes see where it goes then. Next one I’m like load them girls up haha

Long time bio bizz user here..but not all mix as it can be a bit hot and watering frequency is important.
I give my plants nothing but DI water for 3 weeks, the ph everything afterwards.
Fish Mix is some strong nitro and autos must be mature if you use it. Personally, I only use grow and bloom...
I don't soak seeds, just plug and play...
Growing multiple plants is opportunity to learn differences if you have the patience.

You might want to consider swapping out the 6" oscillating fan for a tower fan at some point. Once your plants grow up, the tower fan will ensure you have airflow at the top, center, and bottom of your plant.

To each their own, but I just plant the seed into its final pot. No presoak or anything else. I do like to use a plant dome ("cloche") when germinating and for the first couple days in the seedling phase to keep the humidity high.

I didn't see any references to a humidifier or dehumidifier in your list? PH pen? PH up and down?

Keep an eye on those digital timers. I was using a digital Titan timer for my light, and roughly a week into my grow, I went into the grow room and the lights were on when they should have been off. I reset and reprogrammed the timer but it didn't respect the on/off settings. I reverted back to an analog timer with the pins.

I'm personally a fan of using silica. I'm using Silica Blast at 5ml per gallon. Silica Blast is the only silica product I've tried, though, so I'm not recommending it over other products, just sharing what I'm using.

+1 on not mixing coco and soil like Archie mentioned in comment #5. Read this thread from the infirmary, starting with post #7, then jump to #10.

Also research mycorrhiza if you haven't already.

Back