Autoflower pearly bud (dr. grinspoon) pheno

Subterfuge1 are available as regular seeds actually! My bad!.. enjoi.. easy now...

Right on, Steppa. Subterfuge1 and autobastard are great creations, a work of art from Oregon. 20 years of selection. Much respect to Hyb.
They are both bred with bud size and yield in mind though. Their buds are huge. His abc has been outcrossed to gorilla glue4 and other potent strains five times iirc, in order to reach the current bud size and potency. My plan is to have discreet buds that don't look like your normal weed flowers, so using subt1 and autobastard might be a bad choice for this goal, as they have been worked hard in the opposite direction for years..
The silverback auto he's used to create the autobastard is just ridiculous(in an amazing way). It is practically pure colas and no leaves. And the colas are humongous. A no-trim strain.. Many autobastard phenos look similar in regards to bud structure.
Not stealth at all, but really cool nonetheless.

It will be really nice to see what you will turn the abc into, @FullDuplex !
Are you already growing out seeds from your auto cross?
Truly excited to see a master at work with the abc genetics!
I am thinking of searching for both male and female when selecting double recessive phenos in f2/f3, but I don't know if I will have the space. Are you planning on reversing to reduce the pheno search for both autoflowering and abc leaves?

Last edited:
_20201119_221324.JPG

Recently dusted with auto jack herer from @La Buena Hierba. Need to make it auto, the abc takes forever to start flowering.

Left a male in there with her to get some extra abc seeds as well as pollen for more crosses.

20200507_142531.jpg
20200507_142726.jpg
20200507_142710.jpg

I'm not a great photographer but here's a grinspoon type pheno found in the godspeed line, I think it was 2 in 40+ females that exhibited this trait, I believe these were F2 generation..I could check my notes.
I actually gave these plants to my ex.
From what I recall she was packing on trichomes earlier than the rest, reaked of tangerines and would have been a good target for pollen, But I keep plants based on my breeding parameters and as pretty as they were..its not what I personally would breed into my lines, so they got shipped out.

I might have more pics..I'll check the hard drive.

Last edited:
Excellent example!
One man's trash is another man's treasure, as they say. Thanks you for the photos, Dirt!
Exactly what I'm talking about. That was an auto as well? Auto godzilla x auto afghan kush?
2 out of 40 seems not too bad of a ratio. I agree, they would have been a great target for abc pollen.. Damn!

Last edited:
There is a series of vids on YouTube by "Wyldewoods Farms" l stumbled upon the other day. He has a vid he posted "Dr. Grinspoon news DIRECT from Barney's" where he proudly screen shots his e-mail from Barney's after he whined about getting the much desired pearly pheno that was late maturing in his pack of beans. Check it oot, eh?

Apologies for being a thread necromancer but Left did you get a line going? I'm currently doing the same thing with ABC but with larger leaves to help it grow faster.

Apologies for being a thread necromancer but Left did you get a line going? I'm currently doing the same thing with ABC but with larger leaves to help it grow faster.
Hi DandAbc,
I am still working on it!
I have two different ABC varieties that I keep in veg while I go through sativas looking for pearl/wheat phenos. I haven't found the perfect bud pheno yet. Currently I am working on making an auto version of abc, parallel to the grinspoon abc-project.
Please share photos of your project🙂

Hi DandAbc,
I am still working on it!
I have two different ABC varieties that I keep in veg while I go through sativas looking for pearl/wheat phenos. I haven't found the perfect bud pheno yet. Currently I am working on making an auto version of abc, parallel to the grinspoon abc-project.
Please share photos of your project🙂
I currently have three different females reversed mostly successfully. The seed carrier is showing some deficiency but should be fine. I'll be saving pollen and already have a clone vegging so backup is all set.

I'm going for an abc stealthy auto with no purple buds, no skunky smell and eventually a stealthy bud structure.

1000000453.jpg
1000000452.jpg
1000000454.jpg
1000000455.jpg

Back