New Grower Mixed Grow, Autos and Photos

Sleepy T

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Started on my 2nd grow. It should be interesting.

A friend gave me a cutting of Critical Mass (photo) and I started a Mokum’s Tulip (auto) around the same time. Both of these girls are right at 3-4 weeks and looking good. Will be starting nutes today on these two.

Also just started a Northern Lights (auto) and Ayahuasca Purple (photo). My plan is to veg the photos at the back side of my grow closet in indirect light while I give the autos the most direct light (on 18/6), then change to 12/12 after the autos are finished.

First go around with photos. Will having them in indirect light stunt them in any way? I am hoping by doing so it will “slowly“ veg them and keep them from getting super large and taking over? I understand I will likely have to defoliate and train them some to keep this from happening. I do not have a huge space so… we will see how this goes.

Using soil less medium (Biobizz Lite) and liquid nutes. (FF trio) for the autos, it did quite well in my first grow.

Using organic living soil (Lush) and dry veg/bloom amendments (Happy Frog) for the photos.

Any advice and pro tips on this is greatly appreciated!

D1BBA5A1-CF2A-4A98-BEAE-CE62C37BE1E6.jpeg
4CB0516C-EA3B-4726-8B8D-C394FC9ED0A0.jpeg

If you grow the photos with less light, they will stretch more, not just slow down. If this works for your grow space, that's maybe ok, if not, maybe a re-think is in order.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

If you grow the photos with less light, they will stretch more, not just slow down. If this works for your grow space, that's maybe ok, if not, maybe a re-think is in order.

Now that I think about it, that makes total sense. Wonder if leaving the photos elevated, closer to the light would work better? Then I guess you are running the risk of light burn?

Now that I think about it, that makes total sense. Wonder if leaving the photos elevated, closer to the light would work better? Then I guess you are running the risk of light burn?
dunno. Bottom line is that if you mix autos and photos, and flowering of the photos has to happen before the autos are finished, you will lose a bit of yield from the autos by forcing them to 12/12. Other than the bit of loss of yield, I don't think there is a big problem, but I have never tried the mix. But whatever you do, you are going to have to go to 12/12 before your photos threaten your grow space size, and you have to keep in mind that they grow, sometimes a lot, after you switch to 12/12.

Back