Pruning vs no pruning experiment

Agreed :cheers:

Hell.... many people on this forum would kill their plants very early on if they tried to duplicate what I do start to finish. Especially if I was doing a goat shit grow or a tea grow.

I play with all variables through all the different stages... that's why it's sometimes hard for me to keep up anymore.

Besides....

Since you didn't know I existed you probably didn't see the million times that I have posted this following statement on the net:

There are dozens of different ways to grow our favorite weed, and dozens of variables within each method... But the correct way to grow weed is whatever works best for you.

It's just a damn weed... hard to kill and easy to manipulate... no need to copy anyone or tell someone this way or that way is right...

Some defol, some don't. Some flush, some don't. Some do 24/0 and some do 18/6.... everybody has to just find what works for them.

It just takes a few grows to get the hang of your own style and set up and then once one learns to read plants consistantly and dial in variables it actually gets routine and rather boring.

The only thing that excites me about grows anymore is close up frost pics... but unfortunately I suck at photography...

Ah yes... high thc... IMHO stout terp profiles are far more important than super high thc... both in medicinal and recreational applications.

Personally I will take an old affie with 12-15% thc and a great terp profile over 99% of the ultra high thc offerings that are currently out there.....

Oh yeah... almost forgot... If you have any interest in seeing how much of a haircut I give I think the last 2 or 3 posts of the thread i have in magics section will give you an idea... the color pic is overhead pre trim followed by the not color structure pics which are a while after a haircut but will still give you an idea.

I'll probably give them a trim again tomorrow.... oh and dont mind the tacos... I force fed them for 5 hours before I took the B&W pics today.

:vibe:

Peace
Hash

Man after my own heart lol.

Everyone comes in here asking about yield, it's quantifiable, but an amazing terp profile is an experience lol. I'd be fine with 15% thc, some CBD, etc at decent levels rather than 25% THC and <.01% everything else. Yield has its place but what about quality? I'd think that be the most important thing but maybe not everyone smokes their own shitty home grown.

Idk why I like the photography so much it's fun though. I'll go check out your pics. I was going to follow you but your profile is private.

@HashMaster for a guy who is losing manual dexterity you do a very even job of defoliating! The black and white lets you see the structure better - yes?

I improved my terpene profile dramatically by adding AgroMax UVA Plus 10,000K light to my grow the last 3 weeks of flower. I agree with your penchant for a high terpene profile over just THC. I could just not get my flowers to go there before adding these lights. The StarDawg from my last grow has been cured for over 3 months now and when I open a jar the aroma fills the house. It is wonderful. I am not saying the weed I grew before was bad, it was not. It is just that the newest grows are that much better. If you do not live in the States you cannot get the AgroMax brand but UVA is UVA!

Man after my own heart lol.

Everyone comes in here asking about yield, it's quantifiable, but an amazing terp profile is an experience lol. I'd be fine with 15% thc, some CBD, etc at decent levels rather than 25% THC and <.01% everything else. Yield has its place but what about quality? I'd think that be the most important thing but maybe not everyone smokes their own shitty home grown.

Idk why I like the photography so much it's fun though. I'll go check out your pics. I was going to follow you but your profile is private.

Dunno, it says you are following.... profile is private for security reasons... I try not to mix online with my biz due to the possibility of dots being connected... I am in the medicinal CBD business kinda sorta.

Speaking of which.... I personally prefer to keep my CBD and THC mostly separate in my strains and then manually mix it into the ratios I desire for medicinal purposes.

The ratios and % of the mixes out there as "all in one" strains are for the most part recreational levels at best anyway...

But it's always nice to have some for the entourage effect.

:hookah:

Dunno, it says you are following.... profile is private for security reasons... I try not to mix online with my biz due to the possibility of dots being connected... I am in the medicinal CBD business kinda sorta.

Speaking of which.... I personally prefer to keep my CBD and THC mostly separate in my strains and then manually mix it into the ratios I desire for medicinal purposes.

The ratios and % of the mixes out there as "all in one" strains are for the most part recreational levels at best anyway...

But it's always nice to have some for the entourage effect.

:hookah:

I was high. I can't search your threads but it's no biggie. I am following you though lol.

I've heard a lot of people say they like mixing them for that reason.

@HashMaster for a guy who is losing manual dexterity you do a very even job of defoliating! The black and white lets you see the structure better - yes?

I improved my terpene profile dramatically by adding AgroMax UVA Plus 10,000K light to my grow the last 3 weeks of flower. I agree with your penchant for a high terpene profile over just THC. I could just not get my flowers to go there before adding these lights. The StarDawg from my last grow has been cured for over 3 months now and when I open a jar the aroma fills the house. It is wonderful. I am not saying the weed I grew before was bad, it was not. It is just that the newest grows are that much better. If you do not live in the States you cannot get the AgroMax brand but UVA is UVA!

Starting very early seems to level them off nicely for my set up.

Yup, structure definition seems to be easier to pick up in B&W... at least for me anyway...

This shit sure has come a long way hasn't it !

Back when I started "state of the art" lighting consisted of heat lamps (the kind they tanned with) mixed in with red incandescent bulbs mixed in with 2 foot black light tubes... that was about the same time HPS was invented and a year or two later I stole my first street lamp and never looked back... lol

Lately I have liked running overdriven eye hortilux at 1175W so I get near albino bud stage during fill and then throw in some supplementals at swell... all while force feeding.

It kills most color expressions but I grow mostly for frost anyway so I dont care.

And after a proper cure my terps seem especially stout, and on the oily strains visuals seem to come very easy on the 100+ day runs.

One simple thing that should be a sticky for all new growers... never ever skimp on lights !

:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm led to believe that autos don't like defoliation so I've been very sparse in leave removal on my first indoor/auto grow. Only the obviously retired ones, turning yellowish. Seeing some pictures here I might change that for the next grow :grin:

my two plants are getting into the final stage. Should I remove some big fan leaves at this point ?
Great info :thumbsup:

I'm led to believe that autos don't like defoliation so I've been very sparse in leave removal on my first indoor/auto grow. Only the obviously retired ones, turning yellowish. Seeing some pictures here I might change that for the next grow :grin:

my two plants are getting into the final stage. Should I remove some big fan leaves at this point ?
Great info :thumbsup:
Not if you want the bud-fattening energy those fan leaves provide to the whole plant.

I am a fan of defoliating. I like to open up the plant and get light on some of those buds that would never see the light of day.
I do leave the big leaves down low.

Back