Purpose of “reputation” points?

Big Sul

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
MEPHISTO
I am wondering if their is value in reputation points, Other than validation from another member? Personally, I glance at “rep” points when reading posts or answers to get a ballpark understanding of responders experience rather than number of posts. Am I off base? previously I observed reps given upon completion of a grow or when someone gives solid advice. Now I am seeing reps given to newbs cuz they buy a new fan(I am exaggerating).

Just wondering how others view and whether I have A valid point.

I am wondering if their is value in reputation points, Other than validation from another member? Personally, I glance at “rep” points when reading posts or answers to get a ballpark understanding of responders experience rather than number of posts. Am I off base? previously I observed reps given upon completion of a grow or when someone gives solid advice. Now I am seeing reps given to newbs cuz they buy a new fan(I am exaggerating).

i see where your coming from like you say the rep points can be a good indicator of a person and the info they might give as for giving rep to newbs its nice to be nice throw them a few rep points here and there to get them started and feel welcome time will separate the good from not so
but after saying that i wouldn't think to much about it we dont pick members for things based on rep points its just a update from our old rep slap emoji

i see where your coming from like you say the rep points can be a good indicator of a person and the info they might give as for giving rep to newbs its nice to be nice throw them a few rep points here and there to get them started and feel welcome time will separate the good from not so
but after saying that i wouldn't think to much about it we dont pick members for things based on rep points its just a update from our old rep slap emoji
Positive reinforcement and support is important and agree completely. Thank you.

the invaluable "value" all boilz down to one thing, plain & simple -> community spirit :thumbsup: :joy: ppp

I noticed this too… I thought the rep points were given for the same reason until I looked in the chat room and noticed they’re giving points left and right for music videos and food pics. Lol
There are people that are always posting there with 4000-5000 rep points and they’ve only been members for 6 months. I was wondering how they accumulated so many points until I started realizing what they are getting the reps for.

I noticed this too… I thought the rep points were given for the same reason until I looked in the chat room and noticed they’re giving points left and right for music videos and food pics. Lol
There are people that are always posting there with 4000-5000 rep points and they’ve only been members for 6 months. I was wondering how they accumulated so many points until I started realizing what they are getting the reps for.

mmm, in itz own way, it could be said that rep pointz are basically "likez" -> on steroidz :rofl: but seriously, the reazonz for givin rep can be varied, but it'z mostly to jus plain give somebody that xtra lil slap on the back that can't be given by jus a simple "like" ;) :d5: ppp

A
mmm, in itz own way, it could be said that rep pointz are basically "likez" -> on steroidz :rofl: but seriously, the reazonz for givin rep can be varied, but it'z mostly to jus plain give somebody that xtra lil slap on the back that can't be given by jus a simple "like" ;) :d5: ppp
AlI know is I’ve worked hard and earned every point I have and they aren’t from showing off my cooking skills or my taste in music. Lol :lol:

I inder
Participation trophies are critical in developing self esteem and eliminating gender dysphoria.
I understand where you’re coming from but I thought this was a cannabis growing forum.

Back