Recommendation for Pain & Spasms

IronGiant

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
I have a paraplegic friend who wakes up in the night from pain and spasms and would like to grow him a plant to help.
Anyone have any recommendations for this? I know it can be unique to the individual but need to start somewhere.

I am thinking a 2:1 or 1:1 CBD THC plant would be best. He doesnt want to get too stoned and doesnt need that much help getting asleep. It's staying asleep thats the problem.

I would think the best way to take it would be in edible form to extend the effect.

Reactions: EP3 and blue

Mañ'O'Green

For caring to grow for a friend in pain.

EP3

Nice idea. Very humbling to see that humanitarianism has not completely died.
I have the same problem with spasms waking me every morning as it has for 15 years now. Regardless of how stoned I get, actually knocking myself out doesn't last past 4-5 am. I prefer the higher thc but always switch to a couchlock jar at bedtime. Edibles are reported to take longer to show effect but also may last longer...good luck.

I like a 1:1 THC:CBD for inflammation and pain relief. I press rosin and make chocolates for up to 12 hours relief - well actually 10 hours because it takes a couple of hours to take effect.

I like a 1:1 THC:CBD for inflammation and pain relief. I press rosin and make chocolates for up to 12 hours relief - well actually 10 hours because it takes a couple of hours to take effect.

Thanks Man O Green. Cool vid :headbang:
Confirming what I thought, a cbd thc mix should be best. 10 hours worked be more than enough.

Would you have one piece?

Thanks Man O Green. Cool vid :headbang:
Confirming what I thought, a cbd thc mix should be best. 10 hours worked be more than enough.

Would you have one piece?
Dosage depends on several factors, first how much rosin in grams did you put in the chocolate? here is the formula:

1g rosin = ~ 700mg of actives (THC, CBD, CBN etc.)
700/25 = 28mg per piece.

My mold has 25 pieces.

Rosin averages about 700g of actives but this can vary by strain. For example a 1:1 would have maybe 300mg THC, 300mg CBD and 100mg others.

A starting dose for using edibles as medicine is 10mg. So using this generic information 1/3 piece is a dose. Start there and go up as needed. Be really careful because an overdose is not pleasant. It can take 2 hours to take effect. When I first started makeing this I licked the spoon that must have had some pure decarbed rosin on it. I was sitting in my chair telling myself it is just the drugs, it is just the drugs, it is just the drugs, :doh::crying:

I have been making chocolates now for a couple of years and my tolerance has gone up quite a bit. I can take 40mg to get the same effects as 15mg was a couple years back. I also do dabs now!

You may find helpful information at ProjectCBD.org

Edibles definitely last longer once they kick in. More potent/efficient too, although less of an issue if you are growing.

Good luck with your choice, and good for you for growing for a friend in need.

My friend's girlfriend is a quadriplegic she likes the gummies straight thc and the tincture in 1:1 in combo for pain and sleep. She needs only a small dose of either to feel better. I have problems with inflammation and sleep. I have yet to find the magic arrow. Topical at 1:1 help somewhat for inflammation and stabbing pains. Edibles seem best for sleep. Adding terpenes to the edibles or topicals can enhance the effects. I add beta caryophyllene to my topical. It binds with the CB2 receptors that regulate inflammation. I read that you can put it on the back of your neck for nerve pain and spasms when mixed in your balm or lotion.

Thanks all for your responses. Very helpful info. :bighug:

Back