Extraction Rosin Gummies

McDee

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey AFN, hope your all lifted nicely for this ride! If not take a sec, go do what it is you do because I took 8 of these at 7:15 and it now 8:32 and they are kickin' in lol. This is easy no worries. Here is what you need.

6oz jello I used cherry
1oz unflavored gelatin I use a 250 bloom from Amazon you can get Knox in the store normally
1g rosin or 1/4 cup canna infused coconut oil both decarbed
1/2 - 2/3 cold water/juice I used cherry koolaid
1-3 tbsp vegetable glycerin if using rosin (optional)
1/2 tsp citric acid
1/2 tsp lecithin (optional)
1/4 cup corn syrup I use light
Molds (these are what I use)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marijuana-Leaf-Silicone-Candy-Mold-Ice-Cube-Trays-2-Pack/123295799168?epid=2085323416&hash=item1cb5009780:g:290AAOSwS1VbsuZh&LH_BIN=1

20181224_101640.jpg

Ok I used 1g of rosin I press from my harvest 2 weeks ago Kings Kush auto from Greenhouse Seed Company. Identical to Ripley's OG. You can use coconut oil that's infused from flower, if so used 1/4 cup oil 1/2 cup water/juice. If rosin use 1-3 tbsp VG and up to 2/3 cup water/juice. I put mine in the VG in my lift for 30 mins. If you use juice or flavored beverage you get better flavor.

1. Put all you dry ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Stir in gently you liquid and corn syrup until combined as best as you can. Do not make bubbles! Gently.
3. Let sit for at least 15 mins but however long you want in frig mine sat for 1hr out.

20181225_212642.jpg

Now at this point I get my molds ready silicone off Ebay spray them and they come out good. They wont stick to each other when they come out. Put them on cookie sheets cause molds are hard as shit to pick up full. Do it 1st trust me. So here is 1 of my secret weapons, a silicone measuring cup.
20181225_213444.jpg

A lot of people use eye droppers and that's cool, they work. But if you use a silicone measuring cup you dont lose any gummy mix. When it is magical I dont like to waste. The leftover residue easily peels up and can be eat too. You dont lose any in the eyedropper so bonus!

Ok, so now what we have done is called blooming the gelatin. At this point we want to put on low heat. Stir in your oil or VG/rosin gently. Keep it moving slowly until it combines and starts to clear up. I couldn't take pics at this point cause no one to take while I was stirring lol. Do not let it boil. If you go to fast you will make air bubbles and wont look as nice as a finished product. Once combined continue to stir for few mins 5 or so letting it brew together. When ready I pour from pan into silicone measuring cup. Take your time pour carefully, you want equal gummies. I would not use gummy bears unless they're bigger 1s. The smaller your mold the harder it will to be neat, and you don't want to have to eat 30 of them lol. Save gummy bears for non magical 1s. I weigh mine out so I know no matter what shape if bits and pieces how much to eat. When dried out they weigh 8g each so about 64g is a good dose for me. This way if some are under filled or over filled you can get the correct amount.

20181225_214727.jpg

Let them sit and cool. The better the unflavored gelatin the faster they will set. Once solid put in freezer for 15 mins or like 1hr in frig. Then you can pop them out. Some put corn starch on backs I put little Pam.

Yield: 42 - 10g gummies
20181226_225235.jpg

There ya go, now they need to dehydrate so leave them in a container no lid in fridge for a few days. Check them when they are to the gumminess you like put them in bag or container sealed. I have left open in fridge for 6 months and still good suck on them and they come back. They're stable wont fall apart, but let them dehydrate 1st. You can put a sugar/citric acid mix to make sour gummies but not before they dry out. You can eat right away but if you want "store like gummies" got to age a little. I used cherry koolaid to help the cherry jello flavor. I test them and theyre good. The more silicone things you use the less you lose. You can add flavoring or flavors if you like. Enjoy, go slow if you dont know your tolerance. I take 8 but 5-6 would be enough for most that dont take edibles daily.

Last edited:
Hey AFN, hope your all lifted nicely for this ride! If not take a sec, go do what it is you do because I took 8 of these at 7:15 and it now 8:32 and they are kickin' in lol. This is easy no worries. Here is what you need.

6oz jello I used cherry
1oz unflavored gelatin I use a 250 bloom from Amazon you can get Rhodes in the store normally
1-3 tbsp vegetable glycerin if using rosin
1/2 tsp citric acid
Molds

View attachment 992156

Ok I used 1g of rosin I press from my harvest 2 weeks ago Kings Kush auto from Greenhouse Seed Company. Identical to Ripley's OG. You can use coconut oil that's infused from flower, if so used 1/4 cup oil 1/2 cup water/juice. If rosin use 1-3 tbsp VG and up to 2/3 cup water/juice. I put mine in the VG in my lift for 30 mins. If you use juice or flavored beverage you get better flavor.

2. Stir in gently you liquid and corn syrup until combined as best as you can. Do not make bubbles! Gently.
3. Let sit for at least 15 mins but however long you want in frig mine sat for 1hr out.

View attachment 992160

Now at this point I get my molds ready silicone off Ebay spray them and they come out good. They wont stick to each other when they come out. Put them on cookie sheets cause molds are hard as shit to pick up full. Do it 1st trust me. So here is 1 of my secret weapons, a silicone measuring cup.
View attachment 992161
A lot of people use eye droppers and that's cool, they work. But if you use a silicone measuring cup you dont lose any gummy mix. When it is magical I dont like to waste. The leftover residue easily peels up and can be eat too. You dont lose any I the eyedropper so bonus!

Ok, so now what we have done is called blooming the gelatin. At this point we want to put on low heat. Stir in your oil or VG/rosin gently. Keep it moving slowly until it combines and starts to clear up. I couldn't take pics at this point cause no one to take while I was stirring lol. Do not let it boil. If you go to fast you will make air bubbles and wont look as nice as a finished product. Once combined continue to stir for few mins 5 or so letting it brew together. When ready I pour from pan into silicone measuring cup. Take your time pour carefully, you want equal gummies.

View attachment 992163

Let them sit and cool. The better the unflavored gelatin the faster they will set. Once solid put in freezer for 15 mins or like 1hr in frig. Then you can pop them out. Some put corn starch on backs I put little Pam.

View attachment 992170
There ya go, now they need to dehydrate so leave them in a container no lid in fridge for a few days. Check them when they are are the gummy put them in bag or container sealed. I have left open in fridge for 6 months and still good suck in them and they com back. They're stable wont fall apart, but let them dehydrate 1st. You can put a sugar/citric acid to make sour gummies but not before the dry out. You can eat right away but if you want "store like gummies" got to age a little. I used cherry koolaid to help the cherry jello and gummies are good. The more silicone things you use the less you lose. You can add flavoring or flavors if you like. Enjoy, go slow if you dont know your tolerance I take 8 but 5-6 would be enough for most that dont take edibles daily.
Very nice job, thanks for sharing your recipe! My VG is old, I need more. Also, I will have to grab some citric Acid. I will get some 100% grape juice too. I will use 1.5g Rosin since I am a Heavyweight! I really like the silicone meausing cup, I was looking for one. I will go to Amazon right now. I will make some and report the results! Peace, slowandeasy

Ok, I just ordered some supplies from Amazon! I noticed you used 2 packs of Jello. I will opt to try this with 1 pack of Jello and keep the rate at 1g. I dont have enough molds handy, and will try this out before buying more molds to do bigger batches. I will just cut the ingredients in half, besides the Rosin. I will wait for my supplies to Arrive and make them Sat night. Thanks again

EDIT:. I went and cancelled my order for the Silicone 2 cup measure cup. I bought the 3 pack instead. It gives me a mini one, this will be perfect to decarb. 1 cup and 2 Cup measuring cups as well. This will help my Chocolate making too. Worth $20. Merry Christmas to me

Last edited:

6oz jello I used cherry
1oz unflavored gelatin I use a 250 bloom from Amazon you can get Rhodes in the store normally
1-3 tbsp vegetable glycerin if using rosin
1/2 tsp citric acid
Molds

View attachment 992156

View attachment 992160

View attachment 992161
A lot of people use eye droppers and that's cool, they work. But if you use a silicone measuring cup you dont lose any gummy mix. When it is magical I dont like to waste. The leftover residue easily peels up and can be eat too. You dont lose any I the eyedropper so bonus!

Ok, so now what we have done is called blooming the gelatin. At this point we want to put on low heat. Stir in your oil or VG/rosin gently. Keep it moving slowly until it combines and starts to clear up. I couldn't take pics at this point cause no one to take while I was stirring lol. Do not let it boil. If you go to fast you will make air bubbles and wont look as nice as a finished product. Once combined continue to stir for few mins 5 or so letting it brew together. When ready I pour from pan into silicone measuring cup. Take your time pour carefully, you want equal gummies.

View attachment 992163

View attachment 992170
There ya go, now they need to dehydrate so leave them in a container no lid in fridge for a few days. Check them when they are are the gummy put them in bag or container sealed. I have left open in fridge for 6 months and still good suck in them and they com back. They're stable wont fall apart, but let them dehydrate 1st. You can put a sugar/citric acid to make sour gummies but not before the dry out. You can eat right away but if you want "store like gummies" got to age a little. I used cherry koolaid to help the cherry jello and gummies are good. The more silicone things you use the less you lose. You can add flavoring or flavors if you like. Enjoy, go slow if you dont know your tolerance I take 8 but 5-6 would be enough for most that dont take edibles daily.
Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. I look forward to trying it out with cannabudder in the mix until I invest in a press.
May have to have a party!!!

@Mcdee excellent pictorial and instructions for that recipe especially considering you sampled some of the product!

Seems similar to the chocolate recipe just a few more ingredients. So I should be able to make it. My problem right now is I don't have any canna! First time i ran out since I started growing. But I have 9 plants flowering now so will be back in the green in a big way soon!

Very nice job, thanks for sharing your recipe! My VG is old, I need more. Also, I will have to grab some citric Acid. I will get some 100% grape juice too. I will use 1.5g Rosin since I am a Heavyweight! I really like the silicone meausing cup, I was looking for one. I will go to Amazon right now. I will make some and report the results! Peace, slowandeasy
Thanks bud was a little messed up when I did it lol. 1.5 will be very strong bud, Im not a daily edible eater but not new to them. These were strong, hit you hard was trippin' a little at 1st last night lol. I have a 2 and 4 cup silicone measuring cups I use the 2, the 4 is more cumbersome to use. Got the 2 off Ebay from China for $2 and change.

Ok, I just ordered some supplies from Amazon! I noticed you used 2 packs of Jello. I will opt to try this with 1 pack of Jello and keep the rate at 1g. I dont have enough molds handy, and will try this out before buying more molds to do bigger batches. I will just cut the ingredients in half, besides the Rosin. I will wait for my supplies to Arrive and make them Sat night. Thanks again

EDIT:. I went and cancelled my order for the Silicone 2 cup measure cup. I bought the 3 pack instead. It gives me a mini one, this will be perfect to decarb. 1 cup and 2 Cup measuring cups as well. This will help my Chocolate making too. Worth $20. Merry Christmas to me
Nice, they're the best way to go.

Back