Running seeds 12/12 no veg

Reaction score
Hi all! Bit of a dilemma..

I am curious if anyone has ever done a whole auto grow under 12/12 from day one?
Wondering if it would be ok to just throw an auto or two in the flowering room to veg while some reg strains were finishing off.

Then when the reg ones come out the autos will be mid grow.. but at this point I would want to turn the lights back to 18/6 to veg the next regs...

So basically doing a backwards light grow for the autos, 12/12 veg, 18/6 flower..

Has anyone tried this??

B.

Hi all! Bit of a dilemma..

I am curious if anyone has ever done a whole auto grow under 12/12 from day one?
Wondering if it would be ok to just throw an auto or two in the flowering room to veg while some reg strains were finishing off.

Then when the reg ones come out the autos will be mid grow.. but at this point I would want to turn the lights back to 18/6 to veg the next regs...

So basically doing a backwards light grow for the autos, 12/12 veg, 18/6 flower..

Has anyone tried this??

B.
Some people veg non-autos with 24-0 lights.
You might get extra auto yield if you did the 20-4 lighting that most auto growers use, or even 24-0 during the photo's veg.

No idea what would happen...though i would guess the size of the 12/12 autos would certainly be diminished...if you do this and run a journal please tag me!! Interested to see what would happen for sure,.

Anything above 16-18hrs/day is wasted light, anything below is wasted time.

You'll loose out on some yield but it's perfectly fine to grow your autos under 12/12, now if you also switched the light spectrum into blue with your schedule changes it might produce some interesting results but if it's a stable ruderalis cross it shouldn't matter.

Anything above 16-18hrs/day is wasted light, anything below is wasted time.

You'll loose out on some yield but it's perfectly fine to grow your autos under 12/12, now if you also switched the light spectrum into blue with your schedule changes it might produce some interesting results but if it's a stable ruderalis cross it shouldn't matter.

24-0 lighting offers 33% more light energy to the plants than 18-6 lights.
How much of that extra 33% offered energy the plants actually accept is anybody's guess.

I have trouble believing it's 0%, and even 50% seems low.
I say go at least 20-4, unless noticeably stressing the plants.

Here's what Royal Queen Seeds thinks:
https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-the-perfect-light-schedules-for-autoflowering-cannabis-n319

24-0 lighting offers 33% more light energy to the plants than 18-6 lights.
How much of that extra 33% offered energy the plants actually accept is anybody's guess.

I have trouble believing it's 0%, and even 50% seems low.
I say go at least 20-4, unless noticeably stressing the plants.

Here's what Royal Queen Seeds thinks:
https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-the-perfect-light-schedules-for-autoflowering-cannabis-n319
I roll with Simplicio on this one. Mephisto runs their autos at 24/0, they have not recommend running 12/12 but you can. A lot of ruderalis grow naturally during almost no dark period at all. This is why I run 20/4, but this grow trying 24/0. I like what I see so far, may keep 24/0.

I roll with Simplicio on this one. Mephisto runs their autos at 24/0, they have not recommend running 12/12 but you can. A lot of ruderalis grow naturally during almost no dark period at all. This is why I run 20/4, but this grow trying 24/0. I like what I see so far, may keep 24/0.
Some people do 24-0 in the winter to help with heating, and 20-4 during the summer to avoid some heat.

Starting your plants on 12/12 will be fine, but the plants will be smaller in size. I've done this many times, to fill in the spaces between my reg plants.

When doing a pure auto run I go 20/4 from seed to smoke, and never had any issues. I know of a number of people who do a 24/0, and the plants are fine. I like to give my equipment a little down time every day though, especially if you're using HPS etc - need to give a little cooling time for the ballast & lights.

I don't doubt the 24/0 growers at all. It's just I've seen substantial growth during lights out. Or after lights out lol I have also heard many growers say that plants put on more fiber at night. This could very well pertain too photoperiod plants alone, maybe? I dunno
This is why I need a tent to go with my closet or 2 tents. A solid control equals more meds lol

Last edited:
Back