Selfing and reversing autos for seeds

I’m new too so definitely not the one to ask LOL! But hope you’re enjoying the ride like I am :cheers:
But yes, as far as I know you can do any of the things you list:
  • spray the top cola only of one plant with STS and let the pollen fall onto its lower branches - this would be selfing the plant, and the seeds would be considered S1 fem seeds. As @wannagrowbuds correctly said, it doesn’t guarantee exact replicates in the S1 gen compared to cloning. Backcrossing and proper selection to homogenize the line are needed to my understanding.
  • spray one plant and use to pollinate another of the same cultivar (i.e. seeds from the same pack) - these would likely be siblings so you’re continuing the “Fn” generation. If the seeds you used were F5 fems, you’d have F6 fem offspring.
  • spray one and pollinate a different strain/cultivar to create a new cross, these would be F1 gen. Cross a Meph fem auto and Roc fem auto and they’d be F1 auto fems…happy hunting!
As far as when to start spraying, again i’m new and never done it, most seem to do right when pistils show for autos…photoperiods you time with your flip to flower. If you know your autoflower’s typical time to show sex i’d assume you could start a couple days before regardless of showing. But i’d wait until the experienced growers/breeders chime in, i’m going based on researching growing/breeding as much I can and my background in genetics :thumbsup:

I’m new too so definitely not the one to ask LOL! But hope you’re enjoying the ride like I am :cheers:
  • spray the top cola only of one plant with STS and let the pollen fall onto its lower branches - this would be selfing the plant, and the seeds would be considered S1 fem seeds. As @wannagrowbuds correctly said, it doesn’t guarantee exact replicates in the S1 gen compared to cloning. Backcrossing and proper selection to homogenize the line are needed to my understanding.
  • spray one plant and use to pollinate another of the same cultivar (i.e. seeds from the same pack) - these would likely be siblings so you’re continuing the “Fn” generation. If the seeds you used were F5 fems, you’d have F6 fem offspring.
  • spray one and pollinate a different strain/cultivar to create a new cross, these would be F1 gen. Cross a Meph fem auto and Roc fem auto and they’d be F1 auto fems…happy hunting!
As far as when to start spraying, again i’m new and never done it, most seem to do right when pistils show for autos…photoperiods you time with your flip to flower. If you know your autoflower’s typical time to show sex i’d assume you could start a couple days before regardless of showing. But i’d wait until the experienced growers/breeders chime in, i’m going based on researching growing/breeding as much I can and my background in genetics :thumbsup:
Hi guys,I started this thread with an idea of trying to self a purple kush to get Purple offsprings...but,since they are autos I had to grow One and be sure the genetic Is solid,cause you know,you cannot reveg autos,so I must be sure before reversing.So,I am waiting for the plant to flower and see if Red comes up and green subsides...here we wait

Hi guys,I started this thread with an idea of trying to self a purple kush to get Purple offsprings...but,since they are autos I had to grow One and be sure the genetic Is solid,cause you know,you cannot reveg autos,so I must be sure before reversing.So,I am waiting for the plant to flower and see if Red comes up and green subsides...here we wait
Next time take some clones. The mom will finish before the clones . This gives u a heads up on the end product while selecting the desired traits from the clones u have.

Next time take some clones. The mom will finish before the clones . This gives u a heads up on the end product while selecting the desired traits from the clones u have.
I never did clones,how can I do It and root It?

I've read a lot of attempts at self pollinating are difficult because the seeds won't mature. Best bet is to have 1 plant you reverse, then start growing another 4 weeks after. Collect the pollen and pollinate in flower for the new plant so they mature.

Or clone. I'm doing it next time. Taking a branch and root and reversing that. Save pollen for next plant. Keep the plant I cut the branch off from being unsmokable.

This actually sounds like a viable way to know if you want to pollinate the next plant. I like it.

Awesome thanks I will try both , I will use a man bear alien pig by mephisto gen, 2 I have 2 of them , I will feminize 1,use that pollen to seed my The Fringe and Gummy bears , I will start to spray around 10th day of growing before flipping , I sure hope it works out for me I'll let you no in about 12 days as seeds are almost ready to pop,cheers

I never did clones,how can I do It and root It?
I started a thread years ago on here about cloning and even seen other breeders on websites repeating my method. I use them for breding

Jaxson. I am new here and to feminizing auto;s, I want to make my own seeds i have STS ,Can i spray the top of a plant and let it pollenate itself ?? and when would i start to spray an auto, Or do i need to spray 1 plant to pollenate another, strain or the same strain, I am using RocBud Inc, strains and Mephsito strains that i really want to hang on to, i was gifted a few and really like what i see so far, Thanks,
heard that Mephsito's -- double grape -- is a heavy yielder just finishing a Ethos' Auto - looking like 3oz's (3 gallon)

Back