Photoperiod Slaters Hot Budzz

Intro

Slater

Flowery Twats
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey everyone and welcome to my grow. Please come on in, pull a chair up, make your self comfortable and watch the garden grow.

A bit about my self, I used to grow in a 3x3 tent for my self. All Autoflowers, that's why I ended up on AFN in 2016, needed to know how to grow. AFN didn't disappoint and got me through my first grow with huge success. Thank you AFN.
As usual life throws you a curve ball all the time, by my third grow a very close friend had developed breast cancer so I upped my game for her. Added another 3 tents, started photo periods along side my autos and got hot into making concentrates and hash for her. Basically my grow became a care giver project for who needed it. So far I've got two friends through chemo and out the other side. Plus I've made last days of some terminally ill bare able and painless. It feels good to help.

But now I have to think of myself and focus on what makes me happy (I've been in a dark place of recent) and that growing this wondrously plant and sharing any knowledge I obtain along the way.
So let's get this grow thread under way.

I've moved house since my departure from AFN two years ago and had full permission from the misses to kit the loft out.

This is the main flower room
20220622_172846.jpg

On the left is a 5x4 space and on the right is rolling 4x4 tray, just roll it to the right to get in and start working.
I like to scrog the lady's, it's the only way to deal with the stretch seen as I'm vertically challenged in that space.
It's a run to waste system, coco, compost tea once a week, Remo nutes.
There is one organic grow up the back with my home made super soil.

The veg room
20220622_173520.jpg

The main growing area is about 6x4, I've got the trays on wheels so it's easy to move everything about. What you see here is the next round (Birthday Cake and Macloud) and my mothers. Sorry no autos yet but I will soon rectify that. Got some Menphisto in the stable ready to go.
Again coco, run to waste, Remo nutes.

This is RnD
20220622_173757.jpg

It's a 3x2 flood and drain set up. I can fit 14 plants in one go along as I don't veg for to long. For this run I'm hunting a male for this years breed run. These are heirloom seeds by Afghan selection, the real mazar.
I will be keeping the best lady but the focus is on getting male. We should be seeing some wonderful colours, according to the spill there are common red and black phenotypes that pop up with a selection of fruity citrus flavours. Seen as they are heirloom seeds I'm hoping for a wider cannabinoid profile. I'm not looking for silly high thc numbers.

Sorry the breed / hash making chamber is a mess so no pics just yet. The males from RnD will be in there very soon for selection. Pics will come then.

Breeding.
So last year for shits and giggles I decided to do a seed run, mainly to preserve my gentics. I chose a Highlander male (ocean grown seeds, Witches Brew x Vader OG) and crossed it with Mac, GMO (original clone), SourG (gg4 bx1 pheno), King Louie XIII and a cut I named Lemon Chello (seed stockers, maple sherbert x skunk pre 89). So far I've only grown out the Mac cross. Which I think went rather well, if I had bought the seeds I would have been very happy. 9 lady's out of 10.
Here are some pics of my fave phenos. I've kept the top one for a mono run.
20220511_182453.jpg
20220511_182641.jpg
20220511_182633.jpg
20220511_182624.jpg

So that's where Slaters garden is at, there's always lots going on and plenty to share.
It's good yo be back on AFN.

Hello again Slater,

Bigger space to work with, always nice :worship:

Good to see ya back

I'll tag along with ya
Good to see your still here @Ribbzzy and its good to back.
The GR has got a little Bigger, it been a new learning curve open growing compared to tents. Still dialing it in with each grow. I want to improve my air movement for the next up grade. Plus I'm due new lights.
I'm making seeds now, will be up for sharing. You never know where it may take me, I may need testers.

Passing the doob
giphy (3).gif

Hello they look banging very nice set up aswell :smoking:

Hey @Dell boy , come on in, pull chair up and light a phatty.

Thank you, its been an going project since 2016. Slowly upgrading each year. Got lot more tweeks to do. I want to build a new light by thd end of the year. Switch up the extraction so I can install a troll master for full control. Plus I want upgrade my watering system. Always plenty to do.

Hey @Dell boy , come on in, pull chair up and light a phatty.

Thank you, its been an going project since 2016. Slowly upgrading each year. Got lot more tweeks to do. I want to build a new light by thd end of the year. Switch up the extraction so I can install a troll master for full control. Plus I want upgrade my watering system. Always plenty to do.
That sounds like a good plan :thumbsup:

Th
It's good yo be back on AFN.
Thanks for the write up! Lots going on at your manor, very interesting about the chemo and stuff, that got me started many years ago with a view to making meds.
I sit intrigued as to what concentrates you make.

enjoy the grow and I thoroughly look forward to reading through

z

Back