SSSC SSSC combined Outdoor + Indoor summer All Welcome thread

Alright, so the rope is set to get unwanted water out of the cup, yeah? But why measuring it in the bottle below? As long the roots stay in the cup it's a clever idea of a talented grower indeed!:thumbsup:

Actually it's the other way around. It's a wicking rope. The measurement is to see how much water is still inside the container. :cheers:
But how I'm going to get the BioTab in the solocup is a mistery. Maybe grind the Tab and topdress the soil with it?
productimg

[/QUOTE]
It'll be interesting to watch. I tried it twice. First time was too dry, 2nd time, soil became mud. Just don't have the patience to try again.

It'll be interesting to watch. I tried it twice. First time was too dry, 2nd time, soil became mud. Just don't have the patience to try again.
I'm only continuing upon my last experimentation and the wicking rope worked the best. So now see if it works with soil or maybe I should use coco for this one. BioTabs can work with that as well :thumbsup:

@DetroitDarren i do no private chats
Actually it's the other way around. It's a wicking rope. The measurement is to see how much water is still inside the container. :cheers:
But how I'm going to get the BioTab in the solocup is a mistery. Maybe grind the Tab and topdress the soil with it?
productimg
Vice Versa then and i was thinking from the backend:hookah: but good solution for sure!

1 Biotab into a solocup is to much for my taste, should be more 5 Liter container for 1 tab. But you can cut the tab by using a sharp kitchen knife and place it into the bottom of the cup when prepping it <<<<------ this way i do with seedlings

when having already bigger plants in a small container with 3 to 5 weeks and you want really a lush, fast and powerful transplant then you can also powder the tab and mix it into the soil by just pushing it with your fingers<<<<---- this way i do outdoors when i transplant into final bag

productimg
[/QUOTE]
Hmm, let's watch together cause i think during stretch and after in bloom when plant needs lots of water it could be tricky to suck all water upwards?

Hmm, let's watch together cause i think during stretch and after in bloom when plant needs lots of water it could be tricky to suck all water upwards?
[/QUOTE]
First time I tried, I used 1 wick and plant wasn't getting enough water so I ended up top watering. 2nd time I tried, I used 3 wicks and it was getting too much. I had to drain the rez, let the solo dry and go back to top watering. IDK, maybe if I tried a 3rd time using 2 wicks?

1 Biotab into a solocup is to much for my taste, should be more 5 Liter container for 1 tab. But you can cut the tab by using a sharp kitchen knife and place it into the bottom of the cup when prepping it <<<<------ this way i do with seedlings

when having already bigger plants in a small container with 3 to 5 weeks and you want really a lush, fast and powerful transplant then you can also powder the tab and mix it into the soil by just pushing it with your fingers<<<<---- this way i do outdoors when i transplant into final bag
Now that's what I call good information!!!

We'll see :baby:

First time I tried, I used 1 wick and plant wasn't getting enough water so I ended up top watering. 2nd time I tried, I used 3 wicks and it was getting too much. I had to drain the rez, let the solo dry and go back to top watering. IDK, maybe if I tried a 3rd time using 2 wicks?
Hey, Ain't I the lucky one then. I thought to use two wicks, actually one big piece folded over and made a thick knot in the loop so it wouldn't fall through the hole in the solocup.

Any Idea on the diameter of the wicking material you used?

:yeahthat: yup, that sounds right.

[/QUOTE]
Go for it with 2 wicks:)

Go for it with 2 wicks:)
[/QUOTE]
I'll give it a shot

Back