@blue -- looks like the top cola's going sideways crazy!
Is the purple getting into the calyxes, or just the fans?

:passit: at last! :rolleyes2: :rofl: .... Gorgeous! ...she looks like she fattened up some more mate, good news there,... I see you have one of the "tufty" ones with her flower clusters,... How's her aroma coming along? She seems on track for finish time too, maybe even a bit early!

@blue -- looks like the top cola's going sideways crazy!
Is the purple getting into the calyxes, or just the fans?

Hey SM! :D .. Yeah - what the fudge is going on with it!! lol it was too close to the light for a good while, but just kept throwoing out foxtails and leafs ... my oh my, she's gonna be a rotter to trim at the top!!
The purple is just on the leaves - I'm pretty certain it's a cold night time temps thing!!

:passit: at last! :rolleyes2: :rofl: .... Gorgeous! ...she looks like she fattened up some more mate, good news there,... I see you have one of the "tufty" ones with her flower clusters,... How's her aroma coming along? She seems on track for finish time too, maybe even a bit early!

Hey Wairaboo! She's not bad, fattening up a little and has a musky kinda smell - not overly strong, which i suppose is a good thing in a stealthy kinda way :rofl: looking at the positives!!
I've really enjoyed growing her so far ... I think i was expecting more ... but i don't know why! I'm not sure that my environment has let the show down a little. I thought i could get away with photoperiod, but i think with the cold weather, i hadn't factored in the night temps.

It's still been a very LOW effort grow in my usual style, biotabs ... autopot ... fancy light and not a lot else!

I'll keep you posted with the deets ... but she's still throwing fresh pistils and foxtails - I'll have to give her the last rights at some point and thinking it'll be this coming weekend (or next at the latest!)

:vibe:

Hey SM! :D .. Yeah - what the fudge is going on with it!! lol it was too close to the light for a good while, but just kept throwoing out foxtails and leafs ... my oh my, she's gonna be a rotter to trim at the top!!
The purple is just on the leaves - I'm pretty certain it's a cold night time temps thing!!

Hey Wairaboo! She's not bad, fattening up a little and has a musky kinda smell - not overly strong, which i suppose is a good thing in a stealthy kinda way :rofl: looking at the positives!!
I've really enjoyed growing her so far ... I think i was expecting more ... but i don't know why! I'm not sure that my environment has let the show down a little. I thought i could get away with photoperiod, but i think with the cold weather, i hadn't factored in the night temps.

It's still been a very LOW effort grow in my usual style, biotabs ... autopot ... fancy light and not a lot else!

I'll keep you posted with the deets ... but she's still throwing fresh pistils and foxtails - I'll have to give her the last rights at some point and thinking it'll be this coming weekend (or next at the latest!)

I think we got the same pheno, my night temps are not even that low and she is solid purple, and I have the tufted foxtails but they are tighter than on sativas I have grown. I am thinking I got about ten days or so, but she has a lot of white pistils yet.

I think we got the same pheno, my night temps are not even that low and she is solid purple, and I have the tufted foxtails but they are tighter than on sativas I have grown. I am thinking I got about ten days or so, but she has a lot of white pistils yet.

Hey Pheno-Twin!! :D I'm gonna check out your lava-grrl right now!!

:jointman: 'ello luv! ............ yup, cool T's bog down P and micronutes metabolism, which in turn can larf-up the buds; how cold does it get Blooo? ...... Light proximity and foxing is a thing, how close was she to the Telo's laser? :rofl:
That said, if you look at the other grows, one or another pheno' is a seemingly poor producer for yield, and/or kinda leafy bud,... Too few numbers to really make a call I think, but I worry about such trends in such a small sample size... These are good growers in the group, not nov's,.... Ribbz's report weak aromatics, and his was rather "petite"... I know his grows, in his case it's a pheno' thing IMO....
So, you have some factors potentially in play to say the least! :doh: ..... I'm not sure about this, I'll have to ask around more about Friesland to see if some of this are traits from that line. Some of those old school cold climate strains can fire off some rough and rangy pheno's,... :shooty:

Hey Wairakins!! :d5:
:jointman: 'ello luv! ............ yup, cool T's bog down P and micronutes metabolism, which in turn can larf-up the buds; how cold does it get Blooo?

Yeah, i thought that was the case! The telos lazer is roughly 13mm from the top cola maybe 11mm. I'm outta space! ^_^

It gets cold Waira, i've thrown all meters over my shoulder in an attempt to become free of the shackles of environmental conditions that would consume effort to control ... but for a rough approximatation i'd say during night hours it's about as cold as a witches tit. Hope this helps

:gary:

Ribbz's report weak aromatics,

Yeah he's a good grower - sticky balls after a long bike ride (apparently) ... but still, it'll be good to see the smoke report after he's finished (the grow ... not the bike ride!)

Flowering Update: Foxtail Massacre.

Getting late into flower now and willing it to finish up! Foxtails were springing from all over the top cola and a bit from the other tops but not as offensive.
They were never going to amount to anything other than a timming pain is the ass ...... so they got chopped off!

full

Foxtail-CHOP

full

full

That's all for now!! ^_^

Back