growing really well now they have some space and light probably give them another week of veg then flip to 12/12

IMG_20191007_173649.jpg

IMG_20191007_173751.jpg

IMG_20191007_173835.jpg
this one is a bit unhappy not really sure why its had the same as the others from day one

growing really well now they have some space and light probably give them another week of veg then flip to 12/12

IMG_20191007_173649.jpg

IMG_20191007_173751.jpg

IMG_20191007_173835.jpg
this one is a bit unhappy not really sure why its had the same as the others from day one

She's different to the others!! (chants "one of us .... one of us ....one of us....")

.... Maybe ...... It's the purple pheno!! :O

heres the lava freeze think we are in week 5 or 6 looking like 10 weeks plus other than that all is good had to cull the sickly plant wasnt going to do anything but waste time the other 5 are super frosty and sticky with a odd hint of purple showing nothing major yet had some bud shots but my laptops just not having it i apologise for being absent
having serious technical issues right now laptop is on its last legs same with my phone took me over a hour to get these few photos up hope to have some new stuff after Christmas worst time of year for everything to break
IMG_20191117_182315.jpg

IMG_20191117_182327.jpg

:greenthumb:.. very nice Stoney! ... must be refreshing to not have PITA tent busters to wrestle with for a change- :rofl:-- those Amnesia's were insaaaaane!
... can you see any pheno'a diff's yet?

:greenthumb:.. very nice Stoney! ... must be refreshing to not have PITA tent busters to wrestle with for a change- :rofl:-- those Amnesia's were insaaaaane!
... can you see any pheno'a diff's yet?
thanks waira if the 2 seedlings and the one sickly plant had made it and been healthy the tent would be a bit more full but thats how it goes sometimes from what i can tell i have two possibly three phenos the two smaller plants seem to be more indica leaning fatter fan leaves different pistils and like a slightly lower e,c then we have the three taller ones more of a cookie or OG structure to them two of them are pretty similar no real difference as for the 3rd tall girls she seems to turning purple as we speak on the lower fan leaves and a small hint in the tips of the buds but nothing major had one or two cold night so it might be down to that all the plants are caked in resin and super glue sticky but not getting much in the terps department all plants are very similar best can describe is if you have ever smelled a mint plant growing in the garden with a hint of funk behind it to be honest i hope it develops a bit more before the finish iv been giving them a full dose of canna boost so im doing all i can

just a few bud shots not much else to say
IMG_20191123_211412.jpg

IMG_20191123_211431.jpg

IMG_20191123_211444.jpg

IMG_20191123_211456.jpg

IMG_20191123_211503.jpg

IMG_20191123_211516.jpg

IMG_20191123_211524.jpg

IMG_20191123_211652.jpg

today i took the first two plants that looked the most ready the other three will be left until the weekend to finish up pics uploaded backwards so the first pics how the tent looks now
20191210_233924.jpg

this plant is the one in front above it is a smaller pheno with maybe the best looking buds iv ever grown the structure is all swollen caylaxs
not alot of purple on this girls i reckon if i gave it a few cold nights she might turn darker
20191210_231347.jpg
20191210_231336.jpg
20191210_231326.jpg

below we have the tallest plant alot of stretch in the first few weeks and seems to be a bit of foxtailing on the buds
20191210_231234.jpg
20191210_231220.jpg
20191210_230326.jpg
20191210_225709.jpg
20191210_225631.jpg
20191210_225624.jpg

this plant below is my favourite of the bunch no real color to her a touch on the top fan leaves thats about it but she looks like the best yielding pheno i have and has the most smell nothing too exciting but very funky like a skunk also it has trichcomes on nearly all the fan leaves when u rub the big fans that you typically would have nothing on it leaves your hand sticky and reeking i have to stress how pungent it is when u rub the resin but not what id describe as pleasant fruity or sweet its the total opposite side of the spectrum excited to see how it smokes this is the plant i pick for my final photo i put the card beside both until i made my final decision
20191210_225618.jpg
20191210_225601.jpg

below we have the plant that had the most color of the bunch the fans all almost turned purple but due to the low humidity they started to wilt and dry up on the plant never experienced this before now looking back i thin it might have been looking for more nutes and started to cannibalise the leafs to survive anyways we know for next time it happens
20191210_224456.jpg
20191210_224422.jpg
20191210_224408.jpg

thats it for now il upload the next pics on Saturday when i take down the rest of the plants and a bit of write up what i think about the lava freeze
(spoiler alert ) i like it but you need to be aware of what your getting into these are not big yielding plants but the end product looks amazing easily the frostiest buds iv ever grown maybe even seen in person they could sit with any of that hyped stuff you see on insta the final decision will be on how it smokes

Last edited:
:cheers: a fine tester you are mate! These girls look great, and certainly some pheno' trends showing now at this point,... At least one of them is a really poor yielder, possibly one is a notorious fox-tailer (Blue's is really foxxed out),.. at least half of you got the chunkier, better bud:leaf ratio pheno(s?),... All show superb resin production! ..... Aroma's seem scattered, I'm not sure anybody got Karel's fav' pheno, purple/gassy...? RG's girl she just took is floral in aroma,...:shrug:
One thing I was wondering about, is if Friesland is one of those strains that just plain doesn't do well indoors, having been strongly bred for outdoor life up North!
Some testers and myself are thinking this strain would dial in better if taken to F4,.... I plan to run her outside next season, so we'll see who else is and how they do!
.....meantime, a lot of smoke testing needs be done - :eyebrows::smokeout:... I should check with Ribbz' and see who his is curing up...

thanks waira your too kind iv had a smoke of two of the phenos now and il go with rivet on the floral smells and it really comes through on the smoke i wouldnt be a big fan of the floral terps but this is quite nice almost sweet on the exhale a pleasant change to what i normally smoke quite strong also with decent lasting power its still a bit green just of the stalk but very smooth the end product has definitely raised opinion of this grow i will get a bit more detailed after they have some time to cure a bit
:cheers: a fine tester you are mate! These girls look great, and certainly some pheno' trends showing now at this point,... At least one of them is a really poor yielder, possibly one is a notorious fox-tailer (Blue's is really foxxed out),.. at least half of you got the chunkier, better bud:leaf ratio pheno(s?),... All show superb resin production! ..... Aroma's seem scattered, I'm not sure anybody got Karel's fav' pheno, purple/gassy...? RG's girl she just took is floral in aroma,...:shrug:
One thing I was wondering about, is if Friesland is one of those strains that just plain doesn't do well indoors, having been strongly bred for outdoor life up North!
Some testers and myself are thinking this strain would dial in better if taken to F4,.... I plan to run her outside next season, so we'll see who else is and how they do!
.....meantime, a lot of smoke testing needs be done - :eyebrows::smokeout:... I should check with Ribbz' and see who his is curing up...

:greenthumb:We like good news! Funky aromas sure can come off as tasty when smoked... I had a bag of cat pee stanky something (an odd Trainwreck I think? ..it wasn't the Cat Piss strain), that was real reeker in the jar, nose stinging in fact, but the smoke was very good... An interesting spicy/floral room smell, and potent as hell! The Wild Thai Ryder I grew had an weird funk to her, including a barf-like note -:rofl:... again, the smoke/flavor was exotic and unique, and one of the strongest auto's I had.... worth a try sometime mate- :eyebrows:
We'll see what tale the cure tells,.... Oh, Ribbz' checked in recently, check it out! His is very narco-sleepy heavy, smothered in resin too...

Back