Studfinder

I figure I'll give em until next weekend and thin out anything not showing and anything that looks way behind or shitty. Plus I don't know if these tiny pots are gonna hold roots for multiple plants very much longer. But it's nice that I've at least got 1 male from 3 of the strains and they look pretty good :d5::woohoo1:
The life cycle of a male is about 3wks from show, so ya don’t have to worry too much about keeping them green. Better in smaller pots anyway.
I just snip the non-contenders off at soil. If you get more than one really nice male, you may want to wait a few extra days to see how they progress with sacs.
All the plants look like contendahs !

PXL_20231017_010945751~2.jpg

GG
PXL_20231017_010951956.jpg

CMD
PXL_20231017_010955894.jpg

BW
PXL_20231017_011000232.jpg

The life cycle of a male is about 3wks from show, so ya don’t have to worry too much about keeping them green. Better in smaller pots anyway.
I just snip the non-contenders off at soil. If you get more than one really nice male, you may want to wait a few extra days to see how they progress with sacs.
All the plants look like contendahs !
I figure the longer I can wait on final selection the better :shrug: Gotta make it easier to figure scent and frost and shape the longer I can wait? The BW is the only one I noticed with a scent so far. Can't tell what it smells like, but definitely has a personality. But I'm guessing I can make final selection right when the earliest ones start to drop pollen:pass:

I figure the longer I can wait on final selection the better :shrug: Gotta make it easier to figure scent and frost and shape the longer I can wait? The BW is the only one I noticed with a scent so far. Can't tell what it smells like, but definitely has a personality. But I'm guessing I can make final selection right when the earliest ones start to drop pollen:pass:
Absolutely!! You may find your favorite changes as they mature. Some plants just kick out more pollen sacs than others and more stank. A good sign is early trichs on the male parts too. You will know.

25 days from sprout. Took out 3 confirmed females. Unfortunately 1 of them was the multi-leafed black BW that I was really hoping for. Have at least 5 confirmed GG males, 3 CMD males, 2 BW males and 2 SD1 males. So 8 still to sex, but will most likely be selecting from these ones that were fastest to sex especially since I've got a couple of each. The GGs and BWs are the best looking plants in the tent. Getting some smell in the grow room now
PXL_20231018_232948775.jpg

PXL_20231019_001822076.jpg

PXL_20231019_001809512.jpg

GG
PXL_20231019_002356351.jpg

PXL_20231019_002556288.MP.jpg

CMD
PXL_20231019_002418520.jpg

BW
PXL_20231019_002435322.jpg

Just a thought, since the top of the plant is the best part of the plant, is the pollen off the top "better" pollen? Also, if I was gonna pollinate 1 branch from another plant, would it be best to do the cola? :pass:

Just a thought, since the top of the plant is the best part of the plant, is the pollen off the top "better" pollen? Also, if I was gonna pollinate 1 branch from another plant, would it be best to do the cola? :pass:
whatever pollen that has dropped is good . A top bud would be better for fast maturing seeds . Pollinate at first signs of orange pistols .

Pollen is pollen, no matter which area of the plant, but the lowers tend to mature first. They all look great.
If you plant to pollinate just a portion of a plant, I typically isolate with a plastic bag around the remainder, dust the cola, wait a half hour and spray with water to deactivate. Pollination is instant . Return to the tent and let ‘em cook for six weeks.
Bummer on the black double leaf. You will find another, when you can grow her out . Plenty of those, should you want to look through them.

• Love
Reactions: JP1
Back