Studfinder

How long do they produce pollen for once they start? Couple days, week, 2 weeks?

So you think unnecessary? I just have no idea how much pollen to expect here and no idea how much it takes to pollinate a branch later on... I'd like to have enough from each for a couple pollinations. I've got vials and beads already in stock
Each plant should render about 3vials. They don’t need to be full. Each will cover a good portion of plant. If you just want a cola or two, use a tiny pain brush . If you want more seeds, just paint and give the whole area to get hit a good shake. The dust will go Nutz…lol

How long do they produce pollen for once they start? Couple days, week, 2 weeks?
About 10 days. The tops will be the last to let go. You can snip off, dry and collect more easily. Less cross contamination too.

So change of plans. Think I'm gonna cut the sacs off and dry them in paper bags and then sift? Sound like a plan? :pass:

So change of plans. Think I'm gonna cut the sacs off and dry them in paper bags and then sift? Sound like a plan? :pass:
That will work. Try to do a single layer and give them a wk or so with the end open, keeping moisture low. Parchment paper works best, but anything that keeps things dry.
By tapping underneath the opened, dry sacs, pollen will be released and easier to separate plant matter. a bit of work, but once frozen, stock for multiple seed making projects.

That will work. Try to do a single layer and give them a wk or so with the end open, keeping moisture low. Parchment paper works best, but anything that keeps things dry.
By tapping underneath the opened, dry sacs, pollen will be released and easier to separate plant matter. a bit of work, but once frozen, stock for multiple seed making projects.
Plan is once they start to drop pollen I'll cut and bag the sacs. Keeping a paper towel clipped to the top of the bag like so...
PXL_20231028_023309692.jpg

I can keep the room around 40%rh. After a week or so in the bag I'm gonna dump it in my trim bin and card it and collect the pollen that falls into the bin

Back