The 2023 Outdoor Auto-Photo Competition!

The outdoor seems to always be ever challenging with new n different obstacles to overcome. I always go into the season with anticipation of losing a fair bit by the end. I almost always loose at least 1 plant, this year I lost 4 from the raccoons never seen that coming lol. I think the outdoor challenges make a better indoor grower however, so some struggle is good imo. Figuring out how to beat the bud rot has been tough. I used RotBlock again this year and still lost a bit due to rot but probably would have been much worse without it.
Same here with rot block, still got the two biggest to trim on Sunday. They were mostly healthy... Both were split by the heavy storms late spring. Tops ripped off. Only the lower branches made it. That was when we had the tornado in the area. Maybe 15 miles from me

@Waira
Hi everybody!:salute:I'm very sorry to longer absence.:rolleyes1: This season is realy severe :hothot:.We was have abnormaly high temperatures at start autum in Czechia 20-25C°!I was never seen that warm weather in this period!:eek1:

This is unplanned part harvest of TROPICANNA POISON FAST in 20.September before four days of planned harvest.Buds was be too much heavy and stem was be split.😫Trichoms was be mostly white,luckily.In any case not optimal process of harvesting. 😄
Normal structure is maybe better for growing without support.View attachment 1638426View attachment 1638427View attachment 1638428View attachment 1638429View attachment 1638430View attachment 1638431View attachment 1638432View attachment 1638433View attachment 1638434View attachment 1638435View attachment 1638436View attachment 1638437View attachment 1638438View attachment 1638439View attachment 1638440
Nice buds on that girl... :headbang: :pass:

Yeah, was a wet spring and when we did hit summer, it was hot and dry then pre-fall has been cold and wet. Perfect conditions for mold and rot. Only two of my OD plants seem to be untouched by mold. But buds never really "grew" big
If I would have grown outdoors this year, they would have had to been some heat hardy bitches fo' sho!:face::face::face::funny::funny::funny::funny:
Something like a 50 day streak of 100 plus temperatures and many of those above 110

ed scissor.gif
<---- behold the Croptober mascot! ...he's for hire GTG, Jean... :rofl:

Time for a some catch-up...

Speed Racer got the chop this past weekend. It has some nice stacks on it. I love the funky fabric fresh citric fuel aroma it has and earlier sample branches are very energetic. Tons of harvesting and trimming so I've been extremely busy working on bringing down the outdoor goodies. I'll be trimming and making hash through the winter!
I'm dyin' to put my nose and lungs to summa dat! Those lean moderate density colas are so nice, lots of room for the trich's to blow up vs. compacted bud, and of course better for OD life in a moldy world... On the must-do list next year!

Speaking of which, Humboldt Affy and Sour Strawburied (still mourning the loss of the top half, dammit!) produced some of the densest stuff I've had, SS especially. I mean ridiculously hard bud, you chop a piece up and it shards off the blades, ricochets out of the bowl- :rofl: ... very frosty too...
For you "indica" fans, these are excellent choices ,BTW- :thumbsup: Fast as heck in bloom, and the aromas are delish'... HA is berry punch, SS is becoming cherry cough syrup-like...
Final dayz for Texada Time Warp. Gonna be pretty much dry until Sunday, so looking to chop this weekend. Also a couple pictures of Blueberry which is gonna take a while longer if she makes it that long. So far, so good. :thumbsup:
She's a beaut' mate, that clone was a true score! She filled in very nicely and toughed out the weather really well- :amazon:
-- how's her aroma?
BB is pretty close, so even if you have to chop early, the goods are there...if she hangs tough for a week or so to fill in a bit more, she'll be prime!
It's almost over with Growmeis. :oops1::chimp::yay:

It's all kind of bitter sweet.
I Love growing this plant.
:smokeit:-- at least the growing part! ...I feel the same, part of me is ready for the break from duty, the other is already eyeing the list for the next round- :rolleyes2:
I gotta say you and Jean have an amazing collection of hash bats this year!
First though, to enjoy what we have reaped! :smokeout:
Citrus super Haze update.
She's still plugging on. Maybe another week.
This cultivar has been an OD star for you, and I have noted this for OD grow reference! (who's the breeder again?) ...Another lovely plant my man, really nice bud and colons->
The colons are large and good buds.
:rofl:-- auto-fill does it again!

FOGK too, she's a beast once again, so burly budded.... Fat yields of prime bud coming off that one!
I see why she's in the garden every year, an OD queen each time and the quality is always solid... Interesting aroma on this one, tropical fruity isn't a common one with those genetics.
...makes me think of Lilly I grew a few years ago, all Pina Colada smell... Sadly, Original Deli' seeds is all done now...

Dig the beer-BQ shirt, makes me hungry! I like to use a simple beer-mustard baste to finish steak, dogs/sausage, etc.,- 😛
Skunk Hero 22 F1

@Waira

Same with this girl harvest about a week or so. It's got nice size colons coming on it they're about 3 ft long most of them. Buds are maturing quickly I had a bit of Bud ride on this one in a couple of spots and she picked up the powdery mildew this year it's something I didn't have to deal with last year with the string. But still pretty much easy button it is a bit bushier this one then last year I had a bit more trimming to do but hopefully the product on this plant is better than last year's.
She's another OD queen in my book, and you guys are proof of that! We all know each seed is a little gamble on the pheno thing, and Jean does super well despite not having the benefit of growing dozens of them for breeding selections.
pests and pathogens are another dice roll, never can tell what'll show up. I had zero bud worms this year, first time ever! But I did have a very aggressive botrytis attack the stems, more than even before, despite RotBlock. You already know I lost half of SS to it, and it showed up late on two others including Funky Miracle, which had zero bud rot otherwise = :shrug:

:pause::pause::pause:

Attachments

• respect.gif
    respect.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 3
ast plant standing this year in the outdoor run. One of the volunteers from last year. I'm pretty sure this is the HoneySkunk F1. Hopefully it will make it all the way. It's getting down into the low 40s at night n the colors are really popping... it smells terrific like a black pepper n sweet melon gas mixture.
You've had nice volunteers every year! ...keep it up and you'll have your own landrace at this rate- :rofl:

Hi everybody!:salute:I'm very sorry to longer absence.:rolleyes1: This season is realy severe :hothot:.We was have abnormaly high temperatures at start autum in Czechia 20-25C°!I was never seen that warm weather in this period!:eek1:

This is unplanned part harvest of TROPICANNA POISON FAST in 20.September before four days of planned harvest.Buds was be too much heavy and stem was be split.😫Trichoms was be mostly white,luckily.In any case not optimal process of harvesting. 😄
Normal structure is maybe better for growing without support.
:yoinks:-wow, that trunk just blew up! :doh:... at least she was salvageable...
I think an untopped plant would have been no better mate, might be even worse with the super fat main top totally collapsing; nothing would have stopped the side branches from splitting anyway, without support...

So, it doesn’t look like I’ll have anything to show for the dry bud pic, musta over dried the blackjack fast… ran it through the bowl trimmer and turned it all into joint material. Not that I’m pissed, I’ll either roll all joints with it or run it for bubble hash. Either way, it was a crap season here and lost about a 1/4 of that plant to bud rot/mold. Just happy I got something out of it. Berry chem smell to it. Sweet and pungent.
:dammit:-- fuck! It was a hard-ass season for you Jp, last year was no picnic either...
You have the worst weather luck I can recall my friend - :face:

Successful drying is no gimmie! - how many peep's do we know (including oneself) that grew just fine, only to have it f'ed up right at this critical period... Unless you have a literally T/RH% controlled space, you're at the mercy of shifting conditions; if you're not johnny-on-the-spot right at the time when it goes south, it's all too easy to have a batch ruined!

Harvest pics of the Cherry Apple fritter (photo). :toke: TY @Kyoteand @420Forever for the harvest points but the Brain Damage plant had a severe case of bugs so she is in the compost pile.
I think many of the bugs came from the fence wood :shrug:but many may have hitch hiked with the many ants around ?
Anywho that's farming would have been nice for her to be like the indoor Brain damage plant I grew that I loved :coffee2:

taz.gif
-- more fuck!! --- what were they GH, aphids? I've had plants get infested with a certain species that doesn't seem to care if they die on the trichomes, they reproduce like f'ing bacteria so fast they literally live surrounded the bodies, shit and molt casting of the others! :cuss:... ants are why I asked, they can be symbiotic with them living like cattle, tended and protected...ants may actually distribute them into fresh territory... such fuckers!
CAF looks very nice GH, glad she came in OK - :yay:... how's her aroma?
The outdoor seems to always be ever challenging with new n different obstacles to overcome. I always go into the season with anticipation of losing a fair bit by the end. I almost always loose at least 1 plant, this year I lost 4 from the raccoons never seen that coming lol. I think the outdoor challenges make a better indoor grower however, so some struggle is good imo. Figuring out how to beat the bud rot has been tough. I used RotBlock again this year and still lost a bit due to rot but probably would have been much worse without it.
... this and all the above and then some are why I don't check off a harvest as a Win until it's in the jars!
... IMHO beating the Rots isn't possible, just limiting the damage is the game we play... bud rot wasn't that bad this year despite to insane density of some of the buds (not sure why the rock-buds on some of them either); what frosted my balls was the goddamn stem rot attacks! You saw it claimed the top half of Sour Strawburied - (now that she's dry, I double lament this loss)... Spots on three other plants too, even Funky Miracle
which had zero bud rot.
hmmm.gif

There's lots of strains of botrytis, not all behave the same... stem eaters seem tougher and more aggressive, part of which is attributed to it becoming internal where no help can be applied.

:cools::jointman::cools: we're almost done mates, can you believe it's mid-Oct already!? :nono:
Wrap-up looks to be on sched', polls get set up in Nov. some time.
Prizes TBD, but Jean as usual has already offered to cover some! :thanks:... T20M I'll inquire, Laughing Hyena (Beaver) as well... we'll see about others!

Oh yeah, some last pics from me!

>>> Funky Miracle (T20M) - did great, such a solid performer even as a late start... yield will be pretty small, not sure if that me, conditions/grow spec's, her or a combo of them. Quality is there though! Lots of glassy resin; live aroma was 7-Up like with some other funk going on in the background... she got skunky at the end too.
Drying is nearly done, aroma shifting toward a definite funky chem-ish side now so hard to say where she'll end up! Funky indeed... :thumbsup:
I don't know if/when she'll be released?

fm1.jpg
fm2.jpg
fm4.jpg
fm5.jpg
fm9a.jpg
fm9b.jpg
fm9c.jpg
fm7.jpg
fm8a.jpg
fm6.jpg
fm8.jpg
fm9d.jpg

Oh yeah, some last pics from me!

>>> Funky Miracle (T20M) - did great, such a solid performer even as a late start... yield will be pretty small, not sure if that me, conditions/grow spec's, her or a combo of them. Quality is there though! Lots of glassy resin; live aroma was 7-Up like with some other funk going on in the background... she got skunky at the end too.
Drying is nearly done, aroma shifting toward a definite funky chem-ish side now so hard to say where she'll end up! Funky indeed... :thumbsup:
I don't know if/when she'll be released?

View attachment 1639025View attachment 1639026View attachment 1639027View attachment 1639028View attachment 1639029View attachment 1639030View attachment 1639031View attachment 1639032View attachment 1639033View attachment 1639034View attachment 1639035View attachment 1639036
Nice looking plant 💯
The buds though, they look like they're tied to the stock.

A 7up smell???
Nice ! :cool1:
I love a shake with vanilla ice cream and 7UP Mmm .

Huh !:confused1:
I guess maybe the buds now look like...

" bubbles in a clear straw " :thumbsup::shrug::baked:

Back