Grow Mediums The Coco Home Thread -- Calling ALL Coco Growers!!!

Rebel

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that there is little or hardly any information -- let alone a home thread for Coco. I have been using Promix BX. During my current grow I have lost 3 gorgeous nearly done plants because of Thrips. Never had this problem before and I know it's because of the Promix... Many growers are choosing Coco or Hempys now (who don't want to dive into DWC or just simply can't.)

I know nothing about Coco and would REALLY appreciate some help on how to cross over from Promix (soil less) to Coco... I don't even know where to begin... I found a place locally that has bricks of it for $6.49 that I'm told when I add water will expand to 2 cu. ft. I grow in grow bags... can I still use the grow bags and can anyone give me some more specific info than just "add water." LOL Thanks my friends!!!

:smokebuds:

Rebel I just jumped on the straight coco train my friend. The last two I finished we in some amended coco I mixed. This run I'm using the blocks from botanicare. I've rinsed the hell out of them with ph'd water. I'm using the technaflora kit for my first run in straight coco but plan to experiment with more systems.

I'm super excited to see this thread. I'm all ears for some current coco info. :thumbs:

Eveing rebel :smokebuds:that sound good as i always like to lean more :smokebuds:,that why i turn to coco because of the bugs bro,not seen one yet :D.im using canna coco professinal plus,what i do with my coco is,i make up my hydro feed too 0.8EC and ph 5.8,and then when me girls read to be put in the coco on 0.8EC i give me coco and girl a good feed with a good run off 20%, so the coco get all Essential Elements it need,then give her time eat up and dry out, :D,:peace: Kudo

Welcome guys... I can't help you with coco, but if you decide to look into TLO, blow me up. Hopefully, someone will come along who has a lot of experience with coco. :peace:

EDIT: I was typing this when KUDO made his post. KUDO! Brother, thanks for coming by. I forgot you use coco. Great to see you and Reb up in here! (not to leave anybody out, but the three of us go way back :D )

Best tip I can give for using the blocks is to rinse them thoroughly. I found that after you rehydrate the blocks if you rinse one time with a flushing agent(I used FloraKleen) then again with water that its clean. The wife and i spent hours testing the ppm and Ph of the water in and out. We found that after the initial rinse that the Ph didn't change but the ppm took alot of rinsing to come down. The flushing agent trick took alot of rinsing out of the equation.

Hey guys, I noticed on a lot of other web sites that coco tends to be in the hydro section. To my understanding that's how it functions? Maybe check in there too and see if people know their nuts.

I've always wanted to check coco out, let me know!

oh when i see coco i like ,i just lean something new tonight as i had some trouble with my girls form two much N,this as been down to the way i been make my feeds up,im running a (blue lab) Ec Ph Pen, nice Tool to have :D,when i make my feeds iv been just reading the EC on it,on my pen its got CE ppm cf on it which i can use,im now using the ppm to read my feeds Know not the Ec, as when i was using my Ec to read my feeds i see the Ec reading a little higher then ppm reading,this were i think my trouble is,were my girls are getting two much N to start of with,iv given my girls a good flush tonight as Ec was to hight 1200-1100 ppm on my girls run off, but after making up an new load of feed at 800 ppm i give me girls a good flush and know all good girls ppm are 860-910,and run this way i see my Ec still read the right Ec im after,so now it time for them to do some eating up before i feed them again,oh i best put this up a chart for ppm Ec Cf PPM-EC-C.jpg :peace: Kudo

Good call piggy. I just wish there was a area for coco. They work so well with synthetics and that might be much easier for some people to micromanage. Ya know a block of coco a box of nutrients and a pot....then ya could be gro'in.

:thread:I got a block of coco for Christmas ,but I still haven't opened it yet...time for me to learn something new too

Eveing rebel :smokebuds:that sound good as i always like to lean more :smokebuds:,that why i turn to coco because of the bugs bro,not seen one yet :D.im using canna coco professinal plus,what i do with my coco is,i make up my hydro feed too 0.8EC and ph 5.8,and then when me girls read to be put in the coco on 0.8EC i give me coco and girl a good feed with a good run off 20%, so the coco get all Essential Elements it need,then give her time eat up and dry out, :D,:peace: Kudo

Kudo my friend! Good to see you in here! Thanks very much for the information!! Good to hear no bugs because I'll eat my hat if I have to lose one more plant to thrips!!! Thanks for the advice!

Welcome guys... I can't help you with coco, but if you decide to look into TLO, blow me up. Hopefully, someone will come along who has a lot of experience with coco. :peace:

EDIT: I was typing this when KUDO made his post. KUDO! Brother, thanks for coming by. I forgot you use coco. Great to see you and Reb up in here! (not to leave anybody out, but the three of us go way back :D )

Hey Testerx!!! I have to holler back at you bro from weeks ago... I also have to holler at you at TLO because I have no idea what that is LMAO! Great to see you too my friend! It's been too long! Yes the 3 of us do go waaaaay baaaack LOL :D

Best tip I can give for using the blocks is to rinse them thoroughly. I found that after you rehydrate the blocks if you rinse one time with a flushing agent(I used FloraKleen) then again with water that its clean. The wife and i spent hours testing the ppm and Ph of the water in and out. We found that after the initial rinse that the Ph didn't change but the ppm took alot of rinsing to come down. The flushing agent trick took alot of rinsing out of the equation.

Thanks Romeo!! Appreciate all your help man!! That is a great tip!! Thanks for sharing!! :slap:

Hey guys, I noticed on a lot of other web sites that coco tends to be in the hydro section. To my understanding that's how it functions? Maybe check in there too and see if people know their nuts.

I've always wanted to check coco out, let me know!

Hmmm... I wondered which section to put it in... after debating with myself lol I came to the conclusion it was probably considered soil less but this is ME we're talking about LOL I don't have the same logic as most people LMAO!! I'll poke around the Hydro section and see... Also if the Mods feel this needs to be moved I'll understand... :beast:

oh when i see coco i like ,i just lean something new tonight as i had some trouble with my girls form two much N,this as been down to the way i been make my feeds up,im running a (blue lab) Ec Ph Pen, nice Tool to have :D,when i make my feeds iv been just reading the EC on it,on my pen its got CE ppm cf on it which i can use,im now using the ppm to read my feeds Know not the Ec, as when i was using my Ec to read my feeds i see the Ec reading a little higher then ppm reading,this were i think my trouble is,were my girls are getting two much N to start of with,iv given my girls a good flush tonight as Ec was to hight 1200-1100 ppm on my girls run off, but after making up an new load of feed at 800 ppm i give me girls a good flush and know all good girls ppm are 860-910,and run this way i see my Ec still read the right Ec im after,so now it time for them to do some eating up before i feed them again,oh i best put this up a chart for ppm Ec Cf View attachment 213394 :peace: Kudo

:slap: Thanks KUDO!!! very much appreciate all that information!!! Thanks for the Chart!! I'll blow it up!! :thumbs:
Good call piggy. I just wish there was a area for coco. They work so well with synthetics and that might be much easier for some people to micromanage. Ya know a block of coco a box of nutrients and a pot....then ya could be gro'in.

Actually it would be bad ass if there was a Soil Less section... For us soil less medium users... Then we could have Promix BX, Sunshine Advanced Mix #4, Coco, etc section for those type of growers... :smokebuds:

Back