Day 59 Photo Update

The buds looked to be doing well, but, they are getting to a size where I need to have a closer look.

So, I snipped one of the smaller Mid/Lower buds off, just to take a peek at the tric's under the microscope

It won't be wasted, I have put it in a drawer for a little test smoke in a few days time.

Mid/Lower Bud
View attachment 993119

Lots of tric development, but as I anticipated, one plant is a few days ahead of the other.

And both need few more days / 1 week to fatten the buds and get some more trics heading towards cloudy.

I will take one plant down a few days before the other to allow for a variant in type of smoke.

I am looking for a decent high from one plant and a bit more couch lock from the other, and doing this should account for that.

Well, it has worked before....

Under the Microscope
View attachment 993120

Very Happy the way things are going.... won't be long till the chop now - maybe next week for the first plant.

:pass:

Anyone doing the Feb 1st Zamnesia Battle Grow may be interested in this thread...

So, I am calling out to....

@St. Tom @Bailey @Splitty37 @EvilScotsman @Vapo69 @Vlad The Inhaler @Mikis @Only1Sky @TheMongol @Dichoti @AJrexxx @Mossy

@CannaZone Tier 1 @CannaZone Tier 2 @CannaZone Tier 3

:bighug:
I'm doing the caramel bro so I'm going to read over ure thread so expect like bombed lol

Yeah I'm definately gonna have to get me some of those autopots like. Just planted 3 autos and got a other 2 coming up for the grow offs, all in different methods but for the 1st of may drop I'm gonna go for a set of those. Has to be done mate. You really can't argue with these results. I realise how much of it is down to vpd etc. I also keep that pretty tight in tents but that's some next level startrek shit right there bruh.
Next level indeed.

Day 61 Update

We are getting close now...

Plant - 31st Dec 2018 A.jpg

Buds are sticky, smelly, and heavy for the stems.... still a little airy, but with luck they will tighten up some more before Harvest.

When this Reservoir is empty (maybe tomorrow morning) they will go onto reduced feed down to water only by Thursday.

Followed by a final 24hrs of Dark then Chop at the weekend

The "Test Bud" has been drying 2 days, and looks good....

Test Bud - 31st Dec 2018 A.jpg

Looking at this, and the Ladies in the tent... Things are still on track to Harvest the plants at the end of the week.

Environment is good and holding steady

Average VPD for the last 36 Hrs (chart below) is 1.3 kPa

Pulse - 31st Dec 2018.jpg

Day 62 Update

A day can make a lot of difference at this stage of a grow.

The other day I took a sample lower/mid level side bud..... Today I sampled a bit of popcorn from the lower part of the plant.

I use my popcorn buds for making goodies.

I like to collect the kief (my 1st preference) by rolling them over screens.

I then add the above used bud to the leaf trim, to make bubble hash (my 2nd preference).

Or sometimes I may make, butters, oils, etc, for cooking.

I like to get as much as I can from the plant. I think it's respectful to the plant (getting stuff for free, too:headbang:).

So, That's why I like to see how the popcorn is developing. I know there is loads of other stuff you can do with it....

... But those two are my own "personal choice".

Lower Popcorn Bud

Second Test Bud - 1st  Jan 2019 C.jpg

The tric's are developing well, but still mostly clear that far down on the plant, as you can see below.

But, they are plentiful and just reaching maturity.

Second Test Bud - 1st  Jan 2019 B.jpg

I love my little microscope for this sort of stuff.... takes all the guess work out of it.

:vibe:

And you get some nice pictures from it as well.

Second Test Bud - 1st  Jan 2019.jpg

All looking good and on track.... (although, my fingers are tightly crossed) - last little push and we reach the finish line.

Waiting for just a few more to bend their heads over and "Bob's your uncle" :thumbsup:.

Hello & happy new year, Frogster. I'm on my 2nd reading of this journal now, and will surely do a 3rd prior to dropping my Caramel (and probably AK-420) seeds in the upcoming Zamnesia Grow Battle. Thanks so much for the detail. I'm very curious what you're using for your "little microscope" and if it incorporates photo capability or connects somehow to an external camera -- 'cause you sure do "get some nice pictures from it." Excellent magnification and good light with sharp focus.

Hello & happy new year, Frogster. I'm on my 2nd reading of this journal now, and will surely do a 3rd prior to dropping my Caramel (and probably AK-420) seeds in the upcoming Zamnesia Grow Battle. Thanks so much for the detail. I'm very curious what you're using for your "little microscope" and if it incorporates photo capability or connects somehow to an external camera -- 'cause you sure do "get some nice pictures from it." Excellent magnification and good light with sharp focus.

Hi @Only1Sky , Happy New Year to you as well.

I have had this little microscope for about 3 years, there are a number of variants about, but the one I have is the "Crenova UM012C 5M 300x USB Digital Microscope".

It covers all the levels of magnification needed for our "Hobby" - there are others with lower and higher levels of magnification, but I can't comment on the suitability or quality of them.

This one can be obtained reasonably cheaply, around £40.00 in the UK. from various outlets such as Amazon, E-Bay, etc.

It does all what I need it to do, has built in adjustable lights and comes with a stand, connects to a laptop or PC via USB, and is easy to set up and operate. It takes pictures and videos with just one click of the button on the connecting lead.

The only criticism I have (and it's a small one) is - at high magnification, the lens has a very shallow depth of field, so focusing on a subject is tight, if you understand me, you have to pick your point of focus on the subject and that can make other bits of the picture outside that focus point a bit blurred (see the last pic in my previous post for example of this).

But that is just down to lens quality, and without purchasing lab quality NASA stuff at a lot more cost, you won't get better - it's very good value for the price.

If this link works - here is a short "demo video" of it being set up and in action.

Giving away all my secrets :biggrin:. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
@Frogster Thanks for sharing "Secrets" :slap:

I thank you kindly for the rep Sir.

Day 63 Update

Today I am just updating a couple of pictures nothing really to say about the environment etc...

All still going well, reduced the Rh% down a tad, nothing else changed really, still on track..

Oh, there was one change in feed. Today was the introduction of the first day of water only

Introduced as a bit of a soil cleanse (and a reminder for them to put all they got into the last few days).

There are two plants, one is slightly smaller and about 2 days behind in development.

This could be useful when it comes to chop time. We will see.

So, Today we are just taking a quick look at some of the side branches on the "bigger" of the two plants, as this will be the first one to "give it all up".

Side Branch 2nd Jan 2019 B.jpg

Loads and Loads of Side Branches with buds like these, too many to see and count. But all looking about the same point of development.

:vibe:

It is a jungle in there, Buds every way. I should have supported the colas sooner, but hey-ho, it is what it is.... And anyway, I have a really, really full tent.

Side Branch 2nd Jan 2019 A.jpg

The buds are packing on the weight now.... I can see them tightening up a tad.... But, there are still a few days left.

Side Branch 2nd Jan 2019 C.jpg

Ahhh Yes.... They are developing nicely.

:cheers:

That's it folks..... Keeping a short update today, other stuff to do.

Back