The RSO Chat Thread -- Phoenix Tears, Hemp Oil, Cannabis Oil, Rick Simpson Oil, etc...

Well speaking for myself.. I haven't been able to run it yet... Not enough material... Maybe it just needs a bump! Anyone care to weigh in?

I can weigh in on RSO, I have made it a ton of times for my daughter to has Acute lymphoblstic Leukemia, and after reading this thread, I think I can help with a few things. First, Rick has a facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/ricksimpsonofficial/ and he does answer questions when asked,he also will post questions to his page, so if you have a question, it is most likely been answered. I have asked many of them. Next if you are using RSO for cancer, he has tested Everclear, and it does not produce high enough THC content for cancer, but most other diseases he says it will work on. For cancer optimum is 98% THC concentrate. I aim for at least 95% but think I get 98% because my dealer tried vaping some rso I made and it knocked him into the dirt for many hours, that was one hit, not the entire amount I gave him.

I use 99.9 and 99.99% isopropyl alcohol as my solvent, when a small amount of the rso is run across a piece of white paper, it is a beautiful amber color. That amber color when taken across a piece of paper is what you are looking for. It is always dark when sitting in a syringe, checking purity with paper is the only way I know how. It shouldn't be greenish colored when taken across the paper.

After making it many times (I make 2 oz at a time because that is about 1 week dose at 1 gram per day) I have found that using coffee filters are a bad idea, you lose a ton of product (because you have to keep changing out the filters), and it take forever, also the smell of the alcohol will drop kick your lungs. I have tried cheese cloth, faster but a ton of plant matter can get in. What I have found works the best for straining it is 4 layers of 150 thread white cotton sheets. Not only did I end up with more product with this method I have always gotten that sexy amber color.

I use a large mason jar for the first wash (and shake the living hell out of it for 3 min), strain it, then empty plant matter into a large glass bowel, and do my second wash using a steel fork to agitate it for another 3 min. I only use steel or glass when working with Isotropic alcohol. I grind mine down a little before I do the wash. A LITTLE not a lot. I have a ninja blender as my own personal grinder, but only pulse it. I don't want the weed to be powder, or really fine like when you put into a pipe, plant matter will slip though the filter if I do.

When I use my rice cooker, I point the fan slightly down to keep it a little cooler during cooking, and after I cook it, I put it on a candle warmer in a steel measuring cup and leave it there until all the bubbling is gone.

My daughter hates the taste of RSO, and gags when trying to put a blob in her mouth to swallow, so I put it into gel caps while it is still warm, and that seems to work well.

My daughter has never gotten high from it, but it did knock her out almost all day and night until she adjusted to it. Every time we change strains, she becomes very tired. So don't be shocked if you get your butt kicked all over again when you change strains.

I have my daughter drink milk or eat with it, when she doesn't it makes her feel sick to to tummy (I don't know if it makes others feel that way).

I know I am new to this forum, and I came here to learn how to grow my own bud for my daughter, and also find what auto strains actually have 20% or higher THC, but when it comes to RSO, I know a little, and wanted to share. Hope I didn't over step my bounds because I am new here.

I can attest to the fact that RSO works for Leukemia, it saved my daughters life.

Thank you for making this thread, I enjoyed reading it.

Last edited:
Excellent post!

:slap:

I can weigh in on RSO, I have made it a ton of times for my daughter to has Acute lymphoblstic Leukemia, and after reading this thread, I think I can help with a few things. First, Rick has a facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/ricksimpsonofficial/ and he does answer questions when asked,he also will post questions to his page, so if you have a question, it is most likely been answered. I have asked many of them. Next if you are using RSO for cancer, he has tested Everclear, and it does not produce high enough THC content for cancer, but most other diseases he says it will work on. For cancer optimum is 98% THC concentrate. I aim for at least 95% but think I get 98% because my dealer tried vaping some rso I made and it knocked him into the dirt for many hours, that was one hit, not the entire amount I gave him.

I use 99.9 and 99.99% isopropyl alcohol as my solvent, when a small amount of the rso is run across a piece of white paper, it is a beautiful amber color. That amber color when taken across a piece of paper is what you are looking for. It is always dark when sitting in a syringe, checking purity with paper is the only way I know how. It shouldn't be greenish colored when taken across the paper.

After making it many times (I make 2 oz at a time because that is about 1 week dose at 1 gram per day) I have found that using coffee filters are a bad idea, you lose a ton of product (because you have to keep changing out the filters), and it take forever, also the smell of the alcohol will drop kick your lungs. I have tried cheese cloth, faster but a ton of plant matter can get in. What I have found works the best for straining it is 4 layers of 150 thread white cotton sheets. Not only did I end up with more product with this method I have always gotten that sexy amber color.

I use a large mason jar for the first wash (and shake the living hell out of it for 3 min), strain it, then empty plant matter into a large glass bowel, and do my second wash using a steel fork to agitate it for another 3 min. I only use steel or glass when working with Isotropic alcohol. I grind mine down a little before I do the wash. A LITTLE not a lot. I have a ninja blender as my own personal grinder, but only pulse it. I don't want the weed to be powder, or really fine like when you put into a pipe, plant matter will slip though the filter if I do.

When I use my rice cooker, I point the fan slightly down to keep it a little cooler during cooking, and after I cook it, I put it on a candle warmer in a steel measuring cup and leave it there until all the bubbling is gone.

My daughter hates the taste of RSO, and gags when trying to put a blob in her mouth to swallow, so I put it into gel caps while it is still warm, and that seems to work well.

My daughter has never gotten high from it, but it did knock her out almost all day and night until she adjusted to it. Every time we change strains, she becomes very tired. So don't be shocked if you get your butt kicked all over again when you change strains.

I have my daughter drink milk or eat with it, when she doesn't it makes her feel sick to to tummy (I don't know if it makes others feel that way).

I know I am new to this forum, and I came here to learn how to grow my own bud for my daughter, and also find what auto strains actually have 20% or higher THC, but when it comes to RSO, I know a little, and wanted to share. Hope I didn't over step my bounds because I am new here.

I can attest to the fact that RSO works for Leukemia, it saved my daughters life.

Thanks for taking the time to post:greenthumb:...And Welcome to AFN, I hope we can help you out and find you some decent strains for your Daughter mate! :pass:

a great thread,sadly i cannot add much of any value to it.
ive watched a few vids of extractions of sorts,seems coffee filters gunk up in no time.
i got some 3x3 screen printing samples of both cloth and alu from 25micron to 250micron from a well known auction site for less than a tenner a while back.:pighug:

I`m afraid I`m more bothered about getting the process completed atm. I`d love to be in a position to be able to make a true amber oil! But, I`ll be happy when I`m in a position to concentrate on perfecting the Meds, atm, I`m happy t`learn more and read/listen to folks who make it for a living or as a vocation(A big shout out t`Eek and Root...True Leg Ends(legends!):bighug: :worship:) :pass:

Top post I have made RSO a few times for a family member I used a bubble bag for straining
He was diagnosed in October With pancreas and second degree liver cancer the doctors said he prob wouldn't live to see Xmas and he's still here now
he refused chemo and started hemp oil the doctors where shocked when testing him so it must have some affect on cancer
We know the cancer will kill him in the end but it has prolonged his life and for that we are happy
A good tip for any left over meds in any containers we found coconut oil to be a good abrasive

Back