The RSO Chat Thread -- Phoenix Tears, Hemp Oil, Cannabis Oil, Rick Simpson Oil, etc...

60 grams is the 2 month dosage for cancer patients and severe life threatening diseases. that takes 1 pound of buds.

it can be made with less. I intend to use a quarter or half oz to test. should give me a few grams but remember you take a GRAIN at a time. :thumbup:

Aloha Rebel and friends! Some are already aware, my reason for this oil originated when my wife was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. It was my son that actually brought "Rick Simpson oil" to my attention. I have to admit, my first thought was, yeah, Ive heard for years how weed can aid with nausea while going thru with chemo...I put off looking into it for weeks...I had too much on my plate...then I watched the first video, then a second...a third...a fourth! Video after video, anything I could find online! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Both from medical researchers and individuals. I couldnt believe that I couldnt find any negatives...then I became FURIOUS that I happen to live under a government that would put me in prison for growing a PLANT that could save my wife..and at the same time, protect pharma companies that make poison that could or could not work!!
I too will be documenting our journey...because I know that we are going to be one more of those "videos" that gave us hope and lit a fire!!!

from my own experience and experience of friends the average return we get is 10% , keep in mind i say average , material quality plays a big part in it and not just for potency , so for myself to get the 60 grams RS says , i would need 600 grams of material , also i should mention , the material i use is never anything better then lower popcorn buds , if i was to use the good buds my returns would definately improve

with that being said , recently ive started supplying oil to an uncle who has parkinsons , arthritis , and the list goes on , i dont evaporate it with heat as that will decarb it , converting the thc-a into thc which is what makes it psycoactive , getting high/stoned is something he does not want

only days (3 days i believe) after useing the oil he cut his prescribed med intake in half , tremors reduced drastically , sleep improved greatly , pain level reduced greatly

this plant/oil is an amazing and natural medicine that should have never been outlawed imho

great thread

peace :Cool:

If I may add

https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/forum/67-hemp-oil-cures/

https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/forum/68-hemp-oil-stories-and-testimonials/

Watch the video below, on how to make a small batch of RSO. PLEASE GUYS BE SAFE AND VERY CAUTIOUS
[video=youtube;0sGWxz0DMSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sGWxz0DMSI[/video]

IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE:
While the method described in this video is very safe, it's important to note that the safety stems from following the instructions to a tee. ALL solvents are highly flammable and MUST BE treated with extreme caution and care.
1) Preparation is key! Make sure you have proper supplies and have all of your needed supplies handy BEFORE YOU START!!

2) Now that you have your supplies gathered, make sure you choose a large open area, with excellent ventilation, to make your oil in. If the area is closed in, you will need to take steps to improve ventilation before starting; such as open windows, use portable fans, etc. Even with a large area, I ALWAYS make sure that I have at least one fan on that's moving the air around.

3) Be sure to have the proper setup equipment. You MUST use a double-boiler type pot and pan setup, where the solvent pan sits on top of a water pot - NEVER PLACE THE SOLVENT PAN DIRECTLY ON THE STOVE'S HEATING ELEMENT!!! This applies to both electric and gas stoves.

4) Your water pot needs to sit AT LEAST four to five inches (4" to 5") above your heating element! This serves two purposes. It keeps the solvent a good distance from the heating element and it lets you bring enough water to a boil that it will stay hot long enough to work to evaporate the solvent.

5) Because you will need to reheat the water in your water pot several times, and you need to remove the solvent BEFORE you heat the water, you will need to have a space to set your solvent pan that is WELL AWAY from the stove's heating element. DO NOT simply take the solvent pan off of the water pot and set it on the counter by the stove. While it won't explode, any strong heat can catch the solvent on fire! You can set up a TV tray to hold the solvent pan while you bring the water in your pot to a full, rolling boil ... or use another counter space that's at least three feet away from the water pot.

6) "Plan for the worst, work for the best" - while the risk is very low using the method in this video, the fact remains that solvents are flammable and can catch fire, so BE PREPARED! One simple safety item to have is a lid that fits tightly onto your solvent pan. If a fire were to start in the pan, simply put the lid snuggly on the pan and the flame will quickly expire. You should always have a fire extinguisher handy (not just for safety with this project, but for safety in your kitchen/home in general!)

7) The most danger in this method comes from using a gas stove - this is simply because there is an active, open flame. For this reason, USE EXTRA CAUTION WHEN MAKING YOUR OIL ON A GAS STOVE! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have your solvent pan anywhere near the gas stove while the flame is on!!! I can't stress this enough - your solvent pan will catch the open flame very easily ... even when it's many inches away from the flame!! Double check to be sure the flame is off before bringing your solvent pan back to the stove!

8) Do NOT make your oil when you're in a hurry or have distractions going on around you. Being in a hurry or having your attention distracted will create unexpected hazards.

9) No matter how many times you have to reheat your water pot before the solvent burns off, do NOT grow impatient with this water method. The entire process takes about an hour and really does go quickly. It's the safest method and keeping things 100% safe is worth the extra time - again, NEVER EVER set your solvent pan directly next to or onto the heating element of your stove!

10) After bringing your water pot to a full and rapid boil, check and double check that you've turned off the heating element BEFORE placing your solvent pan back on top of the water pot!

Last edited:
:Cushty: you know I'm in Rebel :smokebuds:

Also testing coconut, gonna have to recheck RSO but with 190 aren't we talking about green dragon cooked down to a paste?

I wanted to do RSO but was concerned of scant returns on small batches as 1 lbs makes a dose for one patient.

Best of luck, I'm on the same page anything I can do to help....

:peace:

from my own experience and experience of friends the average return we get is 10% , keep in mind i say average , material quality plays a big part in it and not just for potency , so for myself to get the 60 grams RS says , i would need 600 grams of material , also i should mention , the material i use is never anything better then lower popcorn buds , if i was to use the good buds my returns would definately improve

with that being said , recently ive started supplying oil to an uncle who has parkinsons , arthritis , and the list goes on , i dont evaporate it with heat as that will decarb it , converting the thc-a into thc which is what makes it psycoactive , getting high/stoned is something he does not want

only days (3 days i believe) after useing the oil he cut his prescribed med intake in half , tremors reduced drastically , sleep improved greatly , pain level reduced greatly

this plant/oil is an amazing and natural medicine that should have never been outlawed imho

great thread

B0B!! good to see you my friend! I appreciate your input as I had no idea you were already trying this out... then again I never asked lol Rick decarbs his bud first... which you say turns the THC-A into THC... I know you said he wants to avoid getting high or the psychoactive feeling. In my belief (and it's just my personal theory... I haven't proved or disproved it yet) I believe the THC is the healer... and maybe that's why Rick used that certain White Widow strain... for the Indica effect not the Sativa heady effect. As he said that oil that was Sativa Dom gave him that heady feeling. Either way you make it, it obviously works and I'm not one to argue with results so Cheers to you for making REAL meds my friend! Good stuff right there! Please keep us informed of how things progress!

If I may add

https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/forum/67-hemp-oil-cures/

https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/forum/68-hemp-oil-stories-and-testimonials/

Watch the video below, on how to make a small batch of RSO. PLEASE GUYS BE SAFE AND VERY CAUTIOUS
[video=youtube;0sGWxz0DMSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sGWxz0DMSI[/video]

IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE:
While the method described in this video is very safe, it's important to note that the safety stems from following the instructions to a tee. ALL solvents are highly flammable and MUST BE treated with extreme caution and care.
1) Preparation is key! Make sure you have proper supplies and have all of your needed supplies handy BEFORE YOU START!!

2) Now that you have your supplies gathered, make sure you choose a large open area, with excellent ventilation, to make your oil in. If the area is closed in, you will need to take steps to improve ventilation before starting; such as open windows, use portable fans, etc. Even with a large area, I ALWAYS make sure that I have at least one fan on that's moving the air around.

3) Be sure to have the proper setup equipment. You MUST use a double-boiler type pot and pan setup, where the solvent pan sits on top of a water pot - NEVER PLACE THE SOLVENT PAN DIRECTLY ON THE STOVE'S HEATING ELEMENT!!! This applies to both electric and gas stoves.

4) Your water pot needs to sit AT LEAST four to five inches (4" to 5") above your heating element! This serves two purposes. It keeps the solvent a good distance from the heating element and it lets you bring enough water to a boil that it will stay hot long enough to work to evaporate the solvent.

5) Because you will need to reheat the water in your water pot several times, and you need to remove the solvent BEFORE you heat the water, you will need to have a space to set your solvent pan that is WELL AWAY from the stove's heating element. DO NOT simply take the solvent pan off of the water pot and set it on the counter by the stove. While it won't explode, any strong heat can catch the solvent on fire! You can set up a TV tray to hold the solvent pan while you bring the water in your pot to a full, rolling boil ... or use another counter space that's at least three feet away from the water pot.

6) "Plan for the worst, work for the best" - while the risk is very low using the method in this video, the fact remains that solvents are flammable and can catch fire, so BE PREPARED! One simple safety item to have is a lid that fits tightly onto your solvent pan. If a fire were to start in the pan, simply put the lid snuggly on the pan and the flame will quickly expire. You should always have a fire extinguisher handy (not just for safety with this project, but for safety in your kitchen/home in general!)

7) The most danger in this method comes from using a gas stove - this is simply because there is an active, open flame. For this reason, USE EXTRA CAUTION WHEN MAKING YOUR OIL ON A GAS STOVE! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have your solvent pan anywhere near the gas stove while the flame is on!!! I can't stress this enough - your solvent pan will catch the open flame very easily ... even when it's many inches away from the flame!! Double check to be sure the flame is off before bringing your solvent pan back to the stove!

8) Do NOT make your oil when you're in a hurry or have distractions going on around you. Being in a hurry or having your attention distracted will create unexpected hazards.

9) No matter how many times you have to reheat your water pot before the solvent burns off, do NOT grow impatient with this water method. The entire process takes about an hour and really does go quickly. It's the safest method and keeping things 100% safe is worth the extra time - again, NEVER EVER set your solvent pan directly next to or onto the heating element of your stove!

10) After bringing your water pot to a full and rapid boil, check and double check that you've turned off the heating element BEFORE placing your solvent pan back on top of the water pot!

Hey thanks RC! Good to see an old friend! I've been poking around on that site and I get frustrated when I see the back and forths about things to me are meaningless and counterproductive... Like the bickering back and forth between Rick's folks bashing the Organic Oil makers and then the Organic Oil makers arguing over what to name it...

IMHO --- I believe THE OIL ITSELF is what's most important! Whatever the name is... whatever the compound... WHATEVER THE REASON -- what matters most at this moment is IT WORKS. So let's quit worrying about the stuff that doesn't matter and get to the stuff that DOES. That's what I hope to accomplish HERE at AFN with this thread and all of you all... We know it works! So let's start figuring out how to safely make it and get it out there to those that need it NOW. Study and research along the way...

I don't know about you all but that's the way I feel about it! With everything Rick has done already with an ENTIRE TOWN I believe we can do the same thing here but we have ONE UP. We have lots of brilliant minds here with tons of knowledge about our sacred plant and I believe that with all of us working as a team we can figure out the WHYS and HOWS while helping to end needless suffering... I KNOW we can do this.

Rick always knew it worked but could never get any serious doctors/scientists to examine it on a scientific level because he KNEW it worked and what it DID but didn't know WHY. My next post will discuss what one doctor who DID agree to examine the oil on a scientific level and what she discovered about it.

2 Main things -- it keeps your body in an Alkaline Environment (pH around 7) AND it decalcifies the Pineal Gland. We will discuss why this is important in why the oil works to do what it does.

Now Mossy has been doing a lot of work with pH and what happens when your body is in an Alkaline state. This also ties into some other important things I'll discuss later on.

I have been doing research on the Pineal Gland and why it is the most important gland in your entire body.

Aloha Rebel and friends! Some are already aware, my reason for this oil originated when my wife was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. It was my son that actually brought "Rick Simpson oil" to my attention. I have to admit, my first thought was, yeah, Ive heard for years how weed can aid with nausea while going thru with chemo...I put off looking into it for weeks...I had too much on my plate...then I watched the first video, then a second...a third...a fourth! Video after video, anything I could find online! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Both from medical researchers and individuals. I couldnt believe that I couldnt find any negatives...then I became FURIOUS that I happen to live under a government that would put me in prison for growing a PLANT that could save my wife..and at the same time, protect pharma companies that make poison that could or could not work!!
I too will be documenting our journey...because I know that we are going to be one more of those "videos" that gave us hope and lit a fire!!!

You and I have a lot in common my friend... my Wife doesn't have cancer but she was born with Usher's Syndrome which led to Retinitis Pigmentosa. Which is when the photoreceptors (cones and rods) in your Retina start to die slowly. So you in turn slowly go blind. It started when she was 20 with Night Blindness and loss of her peripheral vision. Her vision is basically like looking through a Peep hole in a door or taking two straws and looking through them. Tunnel Vision is another way to describe it. eventually they say she will go totally blink as her vision "shrinks". I visualize it like closing the light on a spot light. Shrinking it down. Anyway on top of that we were in a bad car wreck going on 4 years ago now where some dipsh*t blew a red light and t-boned us on my driver's side. In that wreck she received 2 herniated discs in her neck. C6 & C7. So she has a sh*tload of pain and mental anguish that she deals with daily. Including a swirling gold light in her right eye that is constant. Never ending. We haven't figured out if it's her retina detaching or a pinched nerve from her neck injury.. Either way I have some hopes riding on the Oil. I know it will help her pain and help her insomnia due to pain. But I'm hoping that bringing her body to proper pH that her RP will reverse in some way. We'll never know until we try... Good to have you here friend. We'll do this together.

You and I have a lot in common my friend... my Wife doesn't have cancer but she was born with Usher's Syndrome which led to Retinitis Pigmentosa. Which is when the photoreceptors (cones and rods) in your Retina start to die slowly. So you in turn slowly go blind. It started when she was 20 with Night Blindness and loss of her peripheral vision. Her vision is basically like looking through a Peep hole in a door or taking two straws and looking through them. Tunnel Vision is another way to describe it. eventually they say she will go totally blink as her vision "shrinks". I visualize it like closing the light on a spot light. Shrinking it down. Anyway on top of that we were in a bad car wreck going on 4 years ago now where some dipsh*t blew a red light and t-boned us on my driver's side. In that wreck she received 2 herniated discs in her neck. C6 & C7. So she has a sh*tload of pain and mental anguish that she deals with daily. Including a swirling gold light in her right eye that is constant. Never ending. We haven't figured out if it's her retina detaching or a pinched nerve from her neck injury.. Either way I have some hopes riding on the Oil. I know it will help her pain and help her insomnia due to pain. But I'm hoping that bringing her body to proper pH that her RP will reverse in some way. We'll never know until we try... Good to have you here friend. We'll do this together.

i dont want to hyjack or derail the thread/topic so ill keep this short ,,,,

please consider having your wife spray her eyes with colloidal silver , if you want to discus this without derailing the thread pm me

please also consider Magnesium oil... NOT in the eyes... but on the skin... think foliar feed... as well as sublingual vitamin B

Also testing coconut, gonna have to recheck RSO but with 190 aren't we talking about green dragon cooked down to a paste?

yes but i understood it was minus the decarb... i could be wrong... we definetly need to establish that...

i agree... the CBDs are (my understanding) more avalable in non-decarbed mode... (they say a simple 10 canna leaves ingested every day can alleviate a LOT of issues...
:2cents: great thread and minds sparking away in here already!

I will pm you both in a few.... thanks my friends.

one thing I'm focusing on is THC. I know right now its all about CBD... but hear me out..

Rick decarbs his buds. its about the THC with his way. I think THC should be considered more and researched more. specifically Delta 8 & Delta 9 THC cannabinoids...I will drop links to support this theory. I just hadn't gotten that far yet. but since it was brought up I mentioned it now.

also I believe there is more to discover and we will figure out better ways to dial it in ...

for example specific oils for cancer patients and specific oils for those that do indeed need the psychoactive effect for mental disorders such as depression, anxiety, PTSD. we can dial it all in. hey nature made them both Indica and Sativa. they are both here for a reason. IMO. and its always been about THC content when choosing strains for patients who are most severe cases. there is a reason for that. that's what I'm out to find out. I know I'm on the minority when it to this thought process.. but everyday more and more research and other oil experiments I've done with Olive Oil and what I plan to do with coconut oil. that will help back up my theories on that and also another topic I will discuss later on... THC vs CBD. which one is truly more important. Right now in what I'm seeing personally. its THC...

Back