New Grower UGHijinx New Grow

UGHijinx

UnderGroundHijinx'n
Reaction score
What's up AFN. I am a medical patient embarking on my first ever grow. I have found these threads abundantly useful in learning different approaches and styles. Thank you to the AFN family!

I will use this thread to document my progress and as an outlet for any questions or issues as I know they will arise.

Below is an overview of my equipment I plan to use to kick things off.

Tent :
-Gorilla Grow shorty 48"x48"x53" (cut to fit my area with limited height....I fully expect LST will be necessary).
-AC infinity 24"x24"x48" for seedlings and early veg.

Lights :
-Chilled tech 4 bar, 4x4 coverage (600W)
-Chilled tech 2 bar mini, 2x2 coverage

Pots :
-Autopot System / 2.2 ga / 3.9 ga (undecided which to run first)

Medium :
-Royal Gold Basement Mix

Nutes :
-Mega Crop V3
-Bud explosion
-CalMag Pro
-Sweet Candy
-Dynamyco
-Recharge
-also purchased some living soil amendments for a future organic run NLS top dress and flower power, BAS autoflower top dress

Genetics :
Mephisto
- Strawberry Nuggets
- Sour Stomper
- 50 Shades of Gray
- 3BOGxForum Stomper

Started in Root Riot per Ronin germination technique 1/3/22.

Will work on getting some photos uploaded once I have some.better details to share. Happy New Year all! Stay safe, healthy, and take care of each other.
IMG_20220103_114610.jpg

:toke: :welcome:to AFN home of some the best growers on the net always willing to share and help:headbang:. You got a great setup, awesome genetics, and IMO the best nutes youre already off to a great start. Good luck and I'm gonna tag along :pop: if you dont mind

We have some peekers.
SN and 3BOGXFS has sprouted. 50SoG is just barely poking and SS yet to be seen.
Put them in the tent with a tray of water, light turned all the way down. I'm stable at 75F and 80%RH. Anything I should be concerned about or watch for? I plan to get the autopots ready between today and tomorrow, just need to wash the hydroton.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20220106_114418.jpg
    IMG_20220106_114418.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 53
Welcome and have fun! :welcome:

Day 1...They all ended up popping yesterday.
SS and 3BOG*FS were about 12hrs behind, not sure why. I have the tent now set up with inkbird wifi controllers at 77-79F via oil type space heater. Humidity is set between 78-80%RH with vornado evap style (evap40) humidifier. Hydroton is washed and soaking in RO at 5.8ph, basement mix is a Coco blend

Attachments

• IMG_20220107_092831.jpg
    IMG_20220107_092831.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
Welcome aboard jinx.
If possible,I would forget about the nls products and go full bas.
A bunch of us here have used nls and run into problems at flower.

I used it my first grow and while I had a pretty good harvest,I don't think it reached its full potential.

Had rust spots develop around Day 40 along with other growers.
Next grow nitrogen toxicity with water only grow.
Seems a crap shoot with nls.

Just some food for thought.

Good luck with the grow. :pass:

Welcome aboard jinx.
If possible,I would forget about the nls products and go full bas.
A bunch of us here have used nls and run into problems at flower.

I used it my first grow and while I had a pretty good harvest,I don't think it reached its full potential.

Had rust spots develop around Day 40 along with other growers.
Next grow nitrogen toxicity with water only grow.
Seems a crap shoot with nls.

Just some food for thought.

Good luck with the grow. :pass:
Very good to know - thank you for the insight! It's a bummer I already purchased the products but much rather it be a lost few bucks than my time. I'll use it in a veggie garden or something around the house.

Day 3 today. I spend most of day 2 prepping the 4x4, disinfecting and assembling the growcraft 600w 4bar diy fixture. I probably lost a day of early growth in not being able to up pot them from the root cubes when they were ready. I added some Dynomyco before putting them into the 3.9g autopots. Pre-watered the pots with a little cal mag and been keeping the top layer moist with spray bottle. Going to leave them alone for a bit and work on getting the autopot system assembled.

Currently:

Attachments

• IMG_20220109_135014.jpg
    IMG_20220109_135014.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 67
Back