oh hell i dunno it certainly would not be that mix of his.lol one of many.from bagged mixes to base soils built and added to and then there is the revs mix. but thats way to overly involved for most.so its a crap shoot really.I did get this bag of casting. 5 gallon bucket for 20 bucks LOL! didnt smell either like they were fresh from the bin type of smell.no real soil or composted smell. just nothing. was impressed. so I made a batch of my 2.1 and we'll see if it kicks it off nicely.

017.JPG
024.JPG
028.JPG
029.JPG
030.JPG
032.JPG
033.JPG
034.JPG
035.JPG

uhhh no,not really. everyone want to try and do it differently. thats where the cut out is. gotta be extra special and thats typically when problem arise from the building base. which all things are built yes? a soil or base soil is really based up on texture and aeration and this mix of four main parts give ME thee best for autos ,sprouts,clones,cuttings and everything in between. Coco coir, perlite,soil and castings. 5 gallons of each.or equal parts. you can go a little heavier upwards of 65-70+ percent or so to maybe 75% coco coir. but i would not go much further than that.

THEN you add the buffering capacity and foods for the roots and the myco dudes.

Here is one I'm thinking of trying! But, 90 days to cook. I really want a organic mix that I don't have to COOK! Is that Possible?
1 big bag of Fox Farn Ocean Forest
2 4lb bags of worm casings
1 pound bone meal
1 pound blood meal
3 cups epson salts
2 cups of dolomite lime
2 bags of perlite

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I've adopted the term TLO (true living organic) for what I'm doing. At least that sounds like what I'm striving for lol.
Not sure if that is the focus of this thread though. It's just one way of doing organic, and not necessarily the most convenient or popular.
Anyway, thanks @Ripper looking forward to learning more here
:pass:

I've adopted the term TLO (true living organic) for what I'm doing. At least that sounds like what I'm striving for lol.
Not sure if that is the focus of this thread though. It's just one way of doing organic, and not necessarily the most convenient or popular.
Anyway, thanks @Ripper looking forward to learning more here
:pass:
I believe we will change the name to living organic soils for this section

Hey guys. I'm new to growing, tried dwc for my first and the results were good but there was a lot of messing about with ph and bottled nutes. Looking to go organic this time round, wondering if you guys could have a look at the below and let me know if there's anything I should add, replace or not bother with?

I was put onto the subcool mix but being in Aus it's not easy to source all the ingredients and looking at the prior posts it seems there's many ways to skin a cat. I've been working off some alternatives others have used based on the subcool mix but open to any feedback:

Base soil
- organic compost 20%
- worm castings (still sourcing this) 20%
- coco coir 30%
- scoria/perlite 30%

Amendments
- blood and bone
- dolomite lime
- rock dust organic fert
- sea bird guano (phosphorus organise fert, bat guano very hard to source)
- Epsom salt
- mycorrhizal fungi (can order online)

I think next step is to read up more on the "why", than the "what". But in the interest of getting a mix started so I can get growing again in a month or so, any help filling gaps would be greatly appreciated!

Back