From what I can see it's pretty safe, it's going in to balance the ph from the castings mix I picked up earlier. Mix is cooking

From what I can see it's pretty safe, it's going in to balance the ph from the castings mix I picked up earlier. Mix is cooking
Rule of thumb is atleast 1table spoon or (30ml) per gallon..... Some ppl use 2.
Worm castings along w good compost balance and buffer pH. Mother nature doesn't pH her water so the humus in the soil has to..... Just my humble understanding, not a guru yet

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

well my first question I suppose is this. sis the horse manure fully composted. yoiu said composting versed compsted LOL! big difference. ands the lime added will not hurt your seedlings at all man. good for em at lower levels for seedlings. I would use a small bit of seedling mix for that or make your own and add more the the main mix personally but it'll be fine. when using less depeding on waterr and various things PH will always have to be considered throuout your grow. so more is always a good idea than thee bare minimum of what? a TBSpoonmm per gallon. I use more personally and I tend to not have PH issues. I did this time because I had an accumulative effect within my pots with a hard soluble material. so those were a wash almost but yes,it'll all be fine man.

@mikballa herebwe are.. we are just starting out..

Ok guys I would like all of you to start your own thread in this section with your soil recipe.. this will make it way easier to follow.. Please

Rule of thumb is atleast 1table spoon or (30ml) per gallon..... Some ppl use 2.
Worm castings along w good compost balance and buffer pH. Mother nature doesn't pH her water so the humus in the soil has to..... Just my humble understanding, not a guru yet

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate!

well my first question I suppose is this. sis the horse manure fully composted. yoiu said composting versed compsted LOL! big difference. ands the lime added will not hurt your seedlings at all man. good for em at lower levels for seedlings. I would use a small bit of seedling mix for that or make your own and add more the the main mix personally but it'll be fine. when using less depeding on waterr and various things PH will always have to be considered throuout your grow. so more is always a good idea than thee bare minimum of what? a TBSpoonmm per gallon. I use more personally and I tend to not have PH issues. I did this time because I had an accumulative effect within my pots with a hard soluble material. so those were a wash almost but yes,it'll all be fine man.

Thanks eyes, I added some but think based on these messages I'll add a little more. I actually ended up with 2 separate sources of worm castings. One was pure castings and the other had the small component of decomposing horse manure. In the base mix I mostly used the pure castings so I would say if there is decomposING horse manure in the base mix it would only be <5% of the casting component if that makes sense, so hopefully should be pretty gentle. Plan is to germ in coco plugs in a month or so with very weak seaweed extract as they grow, then move up to a cup with some base mix and then into pots with the 1/3-2/3 of the 2 mixes. Thanks for the advice, I'll add a bit more lime and then play the waiting game

Im glad to see the section started guys. I will start a thread here soon, i still have a month to go on my current grow.

Back