Who says you can't top an auto ?

For me topping is the only way to go has I've deliberately choose to grow in a small box. My box is a 90 x 60 x 98 cm because I was tired of not being able to be totally undercover when someone come to my house. Having a giant black monolith in your room is not the best for privacy.

This run is the second with this new setup and I won't let my plant grow naturally Xmas shape, even when I will have the space to grow.
Please check my monster Hubbabbubahaze. 1 month and 10 days today.

Thanks to @Autobeast and @MickJ for showing us that topping is the way to go.
Ayye! That’s amazing to hear. I’m considering throwing a table into the tent, to make it easier on my back in the future. I was gifted a huge 4x4 which is way bigger than I need, but its great to work in. Heaps if space to move around the plants and hang fans etc. And ill never worry about not having enough space hahaha.
Congrats on the monster hombre!

Amnesia Auto, topped once and trained.

7.5 oz @ 74% after one week in the frig...

Day 95 Full beer can 8 Oct.jpg

Day 95  Harvest high angle 8 Oct.jpg

From a small test batch with the Harvest Right !!

003 D.jpg

Cheers

Ayye! That’s amazing to hear. I’m considering throwing a table into the tent, to make it easier on my back in the future. I was gifted a huge 4x4 which is way bigger than I need, but its great to work in. Heaps if space to move around the plants and hang fans etc. And ill never worry about not having enough space hahaha.
Congrats on the monster hombre!
I've heard that before. You may find yourself eventually using up all that space! :smoking:

Mostly said here already, but I'll add my bit anyway. I top pretty much all my plants and have yet to see any negative consequences. I don't much care about yield, but also doubt that yield has suffered. I top because I like the resulting structure (lower more even canopy) than I get without topping.

Different strokes and all that. :pighug:

Mostly said here already, but I'll add my bit anyway. I top pretty much all my plants and have yet to see any negative consequences. I don't much care about yield, but also doubt that yield has suffered. I top because I like the resulting structure (lower more even canopy) than I get without topping.
Different strokes and all that. :pighug:

Thats one of the first things I’ve noticed as well! Even if it reduces yield a little, I can already see an amazing structure coming through. So far I’ve topped, and strategically removed 2 fan leaves, and so far it looks like ill have an even canopy of 6 top colas. I’m sure that will change, buts its already alot cleaner than the control plant (just LST and defol on the control plant)

Really doubt yield is reduced. But, I hang to dry and the structure of topped plants is much easier to harvest and hang. I try to keep my growing stupid simple when I can. Naturally smaller plants may do slightly better un-topped but my guess is difference is small.

OG Kush, topped. Harvested yesterday. I've topped about 90% of my autos with great success.View attachment 1488593
As an added note, my house burned 5 days after I posted this. We didn't move back in until mid March of this year. Just started some new grows mid July so hoping I have something worthy to share relatively soon.
This post didn't end up where I wanted it. Oh well. Old people you know.

Back