Who says you can't top an auto ?

it looks very healthy so you should have no dramas - there is plenty out there on supercropping.
Essentially, find the branch you want to bend down, at about the same height as the top of your canopy massage it a little and squeeze your thumb and finger together over the branch where you want it to snap, you will feel the 'give', dont be shy, after a very short time of doing this bend it over at the bit you mashed and it should bend/snap over without tearing the skin too much, it may need a little support for a day or two but eventually a knuckle will form and support itself. I always find the branches I do this too have big solid nugs - I understand it is a natural defense mechanism of the plant in its eagerness to reproduce, once injured it will do more to ensure its gets pollinated (possibly Bro science there).

Here is one I made earlier - you can see the snaps clearly

View attachment 1489959

The same two branches a week later, and now
View attachment 1489960

View attachment 1489961
Sorry for the shit pics but I hope it helps a little
Thanks for the help !
For future plants, how to avoid such lanky branches ?
Is super cropping the only way to solve this.

For Auto's I have found if you want a flat canopy or have limited space topping and/or training works very well. There are many diaries that show this off very well on AFN, the name Vapo springs to mind for inspiration. If you do the training early on to get teh main shape/height you are after, unless you have a freak plant that should keep them in check without the need to supercrop

This Gorilla Cookie plant took me by surprise, I didn't expect her to stretch that much...
As an indica plant I didn't know that she could extend branches like this lol.
I also topped the Wedding Glue and Blueberry, each of them stretched reasonably.
Well, so much more to learn...

This Gorilla Cookie plant took me by surprise, I didn't expect her to stretch that much...
As an indica plant I didn't know that she could extend branches like this lol.
I also topped the Wedding Glue and Blueberry, each of them stretched reasonably.
Well, so much more to learn...
I prefer to gently bend over and tie off instead of actually damaging the stem.

Keep moving the tie down and the "top" will grow sideways.

This is an Early Miss auto trained this way....

Betty one 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Cheers

Whatever yield you got with topping would have been more untopped. Topping makes more smaller colas opposed to fewer larger ones
How wrong u are.its strain dependant how big Ur autos buds will get . Topping an auto at the correct time followed by lst.gives u an insane big plant of dominant colas.and will give u a bigger yield.take a look at my auto topping thread;) lots to learn
Happy growing every1;)

Thanks for the help !
For future plants, how to avoid such lanky branches ?
Is super cropping the only way to solve this.
You can also tie down the taller branches to make the canopy level. (Usually you would do that in veg.) I usually use nylon twine and put little holes at the top of the pot to tie the lines to.

You can also tie down the taller branches to make the canopy level. (Usually you would do that in veg.) I usually use nylon twine and put little holes at the top of the pot to tie the lines to.
I did exactly that, tying the branches to the pot - except that the 2 main branches stretched out of control (for me at least lol)

Here my current plant.topped then later was lstd.here she is yesterday;) Dutch passion
Keep it green growers,happy growing every1;)
Looks awesome dude! I just topped my first auto, waited a couple of days then removed 2 troublesome fan leaves to really expose everything and help it grow naturally.

How long do you wait after topping, before you Start tieing her down?

For me topping is the only way to go has I've deliberately choose to grow in a small box. My box is a 90 x 60 x 98 cm because I was tired of not being able to be totally undercover when someone come to my house. Having a giant black monolith in your room is not the best for privacy.

This run is the second with this new setup and I won't let my plant grow naturally Xmas shape, even when I will have the space to grow.
Please check my monster Hubbabbubahaze. 1 month and 10 days today.

Thanks to @Autobeast and @MickJ for showing us that topping is the way to go.

PA160040.JPG

PA160041.JPG

Back