Dutch Passion Zaaboot has a go at Trichomes & Cream alongside a Mimosa Punch

hey @St. Tom - for this drying batch I am going back to what I know best. For me it works better than the I could manage with the bags - I think the extra control I get in the tent with the Inkbirds allows for a nice long dry, which in my mind does smoke better.

Wet trimming I find really messy and the amount of scissor and glove hash at the end is a lot higher than with dry trimming, therefore I find it to be more wasteful and damaging to the buds.

Normally I would cut branches down to 12-18 inches, get rid of the big leaves and leave just enough to cover the buds a bit whilst drying - when ready, I go in for the dry trim - arguably it does take longer, but with the buds dried down to their finishing size the stalk and leaf matter becomes easier to cut away, allowing for a really close trim.

Overall, it is more faff then a wet trim then in to brown bags, but I feel this way I get better end product.

Congrats on finishing this run mate, proper growing and great plants/buds to look at! :worship:

Looking forward to your smoke reviews in a few weeks/months time. Enjoy your harvest!:pop:

hey @Antonio_DutchPassion - thank you very much for the opportunity to grow these lovely ladies. As you know DP were my first seeds back in the late 90's and it always makes me smile, that I know if I am putting a DP seed in, chances are a giant will appear - like jack and the beanstalk.

I am thinking of doing an old school run next, Power Plant, Euforia and White Widow from DP - decisions decisions

Thanks again Antonio :pass:

hey sall - the Mimosa is pretty much done now, she will get her final trimming and and be bagged this afternoon.
For nwo, I managed to take a sensible snap of the T&C - I have only smoked a couple of joints to test, and she is a very satisfying smoke which is incredibly creamy and smooth followed by a tinge of diesel at the back. She deserves a couple of months locked away to get her to peak.

T&C dried, but not yet cured.
IMG_5809.jpeg

And just wanted to show the root ball from the Mimosa, this time I forgot to drill my pots and the result is the roots go round and round and create a wall essentially - it works, but when I drill the pots the mass of roots comes out different, there is much root but more evenly distributed throughout the whole pot.

If you remember this plant had a hole where I topped her - @Bob's Auto's said I should use bees wax to fill the whole - worked a charm. If you look at the centre of the branches where she was topped. You can see nothing except a big knuckle, the plant ate the wax and filled the whole = perfect.
IMG_5806.jpeg
IMG_5808.jpeg

Toodlepip - stay safe and be well
Z

hey all - hope you are all fine and dandy

thanks @Antonio_DutchPassion @St. Tom @kfigerm

Sp then, I have just finished the final trim and bagging of the MImosa.
I have to say, when she was in the tent with everything else her smell was drowned a bit as she was also the furthest away and teh closest to the extractor - today whilst trimming I got many different smells, but the most surprising was the smell of a fresh wine (green wine - from Portugal from Example), followed by some very aggressive citrus fruits, tannings came up, and mainly just fresh fruits, every time you take a wiff it seems different like wandering through a clean fruit market in a country that has lots of good fruits...very nice indeed and unique.

So then, the final numbers are in - by final numbers I mean what went in to Grove bags for curing.
If you recall the bottom half of the entire plant went straight in to the freezer at chop, I made the hash with that yesterday and it looks like a good yield, at a glance without scales it was about 1kg of fresh frozen buds went in and circa 28g of 40micron bubblehash, so half the plant went missing before it even dried :crying:

The other half surprised me, as she did foxtail a fair amount I was expecting lots of fluff, but once again the guys at Dutch Passion have produced a brammer. great smells, and half a plant weighing in a 283.7 grams of no leaf, tight trimmed bud. Happy days I say
0DFA8C4C-15EC-4A7C-B5BF-6B87BA73E96F_1_105_c.jpeg

F14D0BDD-61F3-4AB1-8323-538CDB469FF3_1_105_c.jpeg

As with the T&C I shall be back in a bit with a smoke report.

I musty confess I have not even had a test joint of this lady yet, so I very much expect the heat seal to be broken on the grove bag in a week or two so I can sneak a sample

thats it for now all - thanks for popping in and joining - it shas been a enjoyable grow with a crazy triffid of a plant that definately got the better of me

cheerio
Z

The End
Hello All - just wanted to close this diary out.

As always I am very happy with the bud from another Dutch Passion grow, and once again thank you very much @Antonio_DutchPassion :worship:

I have had a smoke on the T&C and I must say the smells and flavours do not disappoint, the cream is the prominent smell from the bag and is also first to hit once you light up a doobie. The sweetness is followed by a hashy taste with a back drop of very sweet exotic fruit.
The high is pleasant, not overly strong but a very mellow creative up high which is very long lasting - overall very nice indeed.

Trichomes and Cream
IMG_5887.jpeg

Overall very easy to grow, I did nothing to her apart from top at the start and train early on then I left her alone until chop.

On to the Mimosa Punch - well what can I say, she beat the crap out of me, i tried to train her hard but once she got away, she really got away - but none of her craziness was in vein...as you saw I bagged 280+ g of dried trimmed buds in to a Groe bag and that was about half, the other half went in to the freezer after a very light trim. The Fresh frozen came in at about 1300g (in real life about 200/225g dry) and that went in to the washer for bubble hash.

I run a bag in the washer which is 220 micron, and it goes through another 220, before hitting the 120 which all goes to food, finally the collection bag is the 45 micron only. from the fresh frozen collecting only the 45micron it came to 32g of prime bubble hash.
IMG_5849.jpegIMG_5848.jpegIMG_5859.jpegIMG_5851.jpeg
All the hash has been put away for a few months, some of it was pressed others just left as patties - anyway, the one test jin I did have of some of the pressed black stuff was immense, I must say as a rather heavy smoker, this taught me a lesson on greed...it knocked me sideways, remember your first ever joint/ it was like that.

Back to the buds, as I let her go nuts she foxtailed a fair amount which is never the best thing, but oddly, the buds on her dried are absolutely solid and I suppose thats where the surprise came when It got weighed, as she did look airy but on the contrary.

The buds are all sealed away, and I have had two joints to test so far - the smell is the first noticeable thing, you get fresh sour fruits on the nose, graduating to a citrusy almost synthetic apple bouquet rounded out with a smoothness of a Fruit Lassi. Very complex with sour fruit being the at the front!
IMG_5888.jpeg

The high on the Mimosa is nice and strong, this said you can smoke her during the day I would suggest but go easy - uplifting with childish giggles is what it did for me - long lasting, the second joint put me back in my seat having a good read of a book.

So with that this diary now comes to a close - thank you all for your comments/joining in and for reading.

Take care all
Z

Attachments

• IMG_5852.jpeg
    IMG_5852.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5838.jpeg
    IMG_5838.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5824.jpeg
    IMG_5824.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12