Dutch Passion Zaaboot has a go at Trichomes & Cream alongside a Mimosa Punch

Day 2
  • Hey hey everyone - hope you are all good.
    AS things are always a touch slow to start I thought I would show what the place looks like after a good clean up.

Getting the pots up to temp then will put the little pots directly in their holes.
    3B9A26D8-B35D-4565-B223-664D72A0666D.jpeg

Top left - Mimosa Punch. Bottom Left Trichomes & Cream
    CC157272-1D27-477D-93FB-6EF556455E89.jpeg

Woop woop DP

Z

Week 1
  • Hello All - hope you are all fine and dandy!
    The two DP ladies are coming along, it is the end of their first week having been put in poo.
    They always look tiny in their big pots at this stage, so although they look small I would say they are pretty much where they should be.

Nutrients so far has only been Canna start and Root tonic from Growers Ark, and a lid full of calmag. They are not drinking much at all at this stage, so I will give it until the lights go on this afternoon and empty the res and refill with true base nutrients to get them going.
    They will get Green Haze grow A&B, a dash of calmag and some root tonic with a target EC of 1 to 1.2.
    Temperatures and everything is good sitting at 23 lights out and 25 lights on with an RH floating round 60%, and the light has gradually gone from 10% to 50% over the last few days.

Top left is the T&C and top right is the Mimosa Punch
    82690AC4-B1A9-4799-9AFA-10B581AD6C09.jpeg

The Mimosa is the biggest of the bunch so far
    721E1941-5D74-4823-AF34-176DE5177A7C.jpeg

T&C
    BD32BE58-C313-4BE8-943F-759C27560477.jpeg

That is it for this week - cheers all
    Z

14 days old
  • Hello all - Hopeing you are all keeping well! Back for the end of week 2 update.
    As I am sure you can appreciate they do grow ever so slowly at this stage, this said the Mimosa is powering along and I would say is slightly ahead of her peers at this stage.
    Not sure of there is something up with the temps in the tent but all the leaves on all the plants look a bit haggard, it is as if they keep heading out at night and getting wasted only to look tired by the time I get up...Looking at the temps on the Inkbird app they seem very steady so not quite sure...possibly lack of RH?

The ladies are two weeks old today and are still drinking very little, It was time to start the Grow nutes after the starter lot so I had to change the res out as they had not finished it up yet. Either way, for their age I feel they are on point and apart from the haggered leaf look they are doing well.
    The EC is 1, made up of Green HAze A&B grow, 1ml per ltr of Root Tonic, and a dash of calmag, the RH is 6.2 - I have been setting it at 5.8 but it keeps creeping and I dont want to fill my tank up with acid so have let it drift up slightly and it seems to have settled at 6.2 which is fine by me.
    Temps according to the INkbird are 23.5 lights off and 25 lights on, humidity is low hovering around the 35-40's.

AA1CF059-06B8-464E-8B6D-0E60A92AD7D0_1_201_a.jpeg

Mimosa Punch
    E04F8859-873B-4528-916D-A0714C105633.jpeg

Trichomes and Cream
    5CB892BA-0CFB-487C-AC36-FA231E89D0E1.jpeg

Once they get another set of leaves on them they will have their first round of bondage, I am thinking with these two that I top them once, then train them open so they have circa only 8 main heads, all the lowers will be srtipped leaving spears....well thats the plan anyway.

Stay well and cheers for popping in
    Z

Day 21
  • Hello all - hope you are all well. we have a sneaky bit of sunshine today so all is good!
    Right then, if you recall last week the ladies were suffering a bit, it has gone both ways since then - the mimosa has carried on a few ruffles but no drama, whereas the T&C is really struggling for some reason.
    I have gonee through the 'normals' t get everything in range and no real change to her, she is still looking sad.

Anyway, they both got topped during the week and all foliage removed - the Mimosa is fine but the T&C is struggling even more. I think she is just sensitive.
    Temps: 23.5 Lights off, 25.5 lights on
    RH: 50%
    E.C: 1.2, made up of Grow A&B, root tonic, and a dash of calmag
    Res temp: 21
    Lights: 65%

Mimosa - before
    5E707801-808D-48E3-A1DC-22B265624218.jpeg

Mimosa After
    133115CF-1F81-4A1C-8A24-5A62F64DAE2D.jpeg

T&C (looking at this pic, looks like she cannot take too much N, but still not 100%)
    BB67869A-FF11-4FDC-8B87-F5A88EE50F4D.jpeg

This morning, two days after being chopped up (Mimosa)
    7D13E456-703E-47DB-B2CB-1CAD835531F3.jpeg

And the T&C today
    243818E2-EA16-4B31-8CE6-33275F59F418.jpeg

Hoping the T&C gets in to her groove, as they are probably half way through their junior days now and will be hitting flower in 20/25 days.

Cheers for stopping by
    Z

Post clean up
  • Hello all - just a quickie to show that everything is alive :crying:
    After 24hrs thinking I started teh bondage too early - I still think it was a touch early but they are fine.
    99F9CB8B-4B2E-461B-AD47-65C9144650EF.jpeg
    4663C4E0-3EEA-4DA0-A454-C42039B33F0F.jpeg

The T&C is still struggling a bit but I think as mentioned she is sensitive - but both are in 'go' mode now

Z

Day 25
  • Hello all - back again for a little update.
    As you saw, I topped and brutalised both the Dp ladies, and they are absolutely fine, I think I probably went a day or two early but that's the way it goes sometimes. I spent years and years scrogging massive single plant trees under plastic fencing that it is so hard to keep my hands of them, anyhow they are doing well. They have had a little training and a touch more defol since the first, now I am going to let them go for a couple of days before spreading out again and cutting away anything that is not going to be one of the 8 or so colas I am aiming for.

For those in the UK, you are surely cold at the moment, as is my garage - outside seems to be lingering around -5 at night and outside right now is -1, another adjustment to the inkbirds and we are good - but it is really cold so I am going to have to add another tube radiator inside the tent as the ambient temp in the lung room is only just creeping up to 27 leaving inside the tent at circa 23. I find that the extra radiator just helps stabilise the the temps with less on/off motions over any given period of time.

Both the ladies are having minor issues which I can't quite put my finger on, I am going with the assumption that the Canna start is heavy on the N, and when I topped the res up with regular grow A&B nutes there was maybe a tad too much N in the res, so a res change was the answer - secondly the humidity is too low, I put the humidifier out there for a day or two but it gets through so much water - so until I make a bodge of some kind that can feed it water automatically it will stay on the 'got too much equipment' shelf. And now, I think I went light on the calmag on the res change, as the veins are becoming more pronounced and the colouring feels a little pale - so this morning with the 20 litres added to the res there was 1ml per litre of calmag which is higher than I normally go but should be in range. They also got their first dash of silica in their feed.

E.C. 1.2 made up of Grow A (50ml/20l) & B (50ml/20l), Root tonic (.75ml/l), GG monosilicic (1ml/20l), calmag (1ml/l).
    Foliar: Remo Velokelp after any manhandling.
    PH. 6.
    Res temp 21.
    Tent temp. 22 to 25 (that was the range over the past couple of days, it has been bought back in to line now at 23 to 25).

T&C left, Mimosa to the right
    A053B030-EE69-4669-8E10-129781B9AC8A_1_201_a.jpeg

Trichomes and Cream - she has been the more sensitive of the two thus far - but she is still just doing her thing
    9E3C9F14-E82E-43F8-948A-D0086131EFED_1_201_a.jpeg

Mimosa Punch, she is certainly the more vigorous so far and about the right size for her age, if she had not been abused she would be a bit of a bush now.
    F1679116-67CF-4842-925B-D50C413098BA_1_201_a.jpeg

It still amazes me what the plants do in such a short period of time, they still like like bonsai's sitting in the biggish pots - for scale they are precisely 30.1cm across - hoping by next week's update the pots will be a thing of the past under some nice shrubbery.

That's it for now
    Take care all
    Z

Day 28
  • Hello all - hope you are all doing well!
    So today at day 28 the girls are fine. The T&C is very sensitive and she looks like she has been poisoned with her leaves all curling inwards - but oddly enough she is growing at the right pace, and with one res feeding 4 plants there is only so much I can do without effecting the others which seem fine.
    The Mimosa is going great, she has had some serious abuse and just keeps coming back for more - she now has her allocated number of heads so will play it by ear to see if there is time to increase the colas or keep it is they are and keep it trained.

T&C on the left and the MImosa Puynch on the right - both have been topped one and trained and since their original dose of abuse the ties have been getting pulled tighter daily to keep them in check
    B589242C-1456-41B8-B573-44CD7F52BAC3_1_201_a.jpeg

Trichomes & Cream - as you can see she looks very sick, she has looked like this from the start, but she seems to be comfortable in her own little way....
    80412612-A539-40FB-8489-CF654D65B4EA.jpeg

Mimosa Punch - she is doing well, and has had no real issues
    094381F6-E821-43DF-A5C8-961F64573AAD_1_201_a.jpeg

I will push the EC up to 1.4 today, will increase the light to 80% and will increase fertigations to 8 times per day and see how they go.

Tke care and thanks for popping in
    Z

Day 33
  • Hello All - hope you are staying well.
    It has been a few day since the last update, and as such they are still doing their thing. The Mimosa is powering along followed by the T&C which as mentioned looks poisoned but trooping still.

Everytime I look at the T&C I Can clearly see she has too much of something, and her claws look rather gnarly before lights out, but hey seem to straighten up a little at lights on...really confusing me, I even took the drip ring and line away for a clean just incase there was something in there. So not any wiser as to what is giving her issues.

As mentioned everything ent up a few days ago, and as such they are taking the extra feed and fertigations fine. I am trying to leave them alone for a few days now until they spread their legs a bit, but it i shard not to fondle...

Temps are good, and today the thaw begins outside and the regular wet crappy weather returns which sucks, but at least it is easier to control everything with less extreme weather. RH has been low throughout, and today it finally naturally picked up slightly so pleased with that.

Trichomes & Cream Mimosa
    D74A6EE8-C2BD-411F-9681-721B13591A6B_1_201_a.jpeg

T&C - still looking very sick, but growing at an sensible pace...baffling, anyhow, she seems to get a little better each day, she may end up being the star that was poisoned but came through :crying:
    75DA89AE-00B3-4890-9B7D-5B9A18B27852_1_201_a.jpeg

Mimosa Punch - she is a tough lady, he branches are hard, and they feel like they will snap but with a bit of caressing she becomes pliable anough, and once the ties are on she is trying to pull her way free, tough! From memory the only other auto that has done that for me so far was the Mazr, she managed to undo herself and set herself free a few times.
    7722C2E2-DABD-48FC-94CA-00E1DF5FF5A4_1_201_a.jpeg
    7C5B4079-97A8-48AE-AF76-FD86E01AAA3F.jpeg

Thats it for today
    Cheers
    Z

Day 42
  • Hello all - we made it! Christmas is done and dusted :woohoo1: hope you all had a good one! How was Sinterklaus @Antonio_DutchPassion - I know it is much earlier in the month - but hope you had nice times!

The ladies have been on Bloom nutes for a few days now, and a such the T&C has certainly started crowning with the Mimosa still a touch behind.
    They are drinking a lot now and I am seeing very noticeable growth on a daily basis, the tent with four plants is up to its regular 8-10ltrs a day at this stage being fertigated 8 times over the 19 hours of lights on, totalling about 3hours of watering - I have noticed with this Gold Label coco with 60% balls Vs 40% coco if I water too little it dries out pretty fast, so this regime seems to be working well.

EC is at 1 today, although yesterday I topped the res up at 1.4 - when Lights are back on later I shall address that and push it up to 1.6 and see how it goes from there. All they are eating for now is Bloom A&B, root tonic and calmag.
    PH is sitting circa 6
    Res temp is 20
    Tent temp is 23-25.5

They are both strong thick branches ladies and keep pulling themselves free of the ties so I am having to double tie most of the branches to keep them in place.
    Now I have got the calmag to the right levels the deficiencies that were showing earlier on in the T&C have all but cleared up and she is looking nice and vibrant.

FFC49B5E-3C0A-4CA4-98DD-0F256EC4A3BA_1_201_a.jpeg

This pic was last night, they have just had a hair cut, and as the lights were soon to go out they loked rather sorry for themselves so on the next update I will show they are after todays clear up then how they are.

Cheers for popping in
    Z

Day 65
  • Hello all - hope you are all doing well!

Back again for an update, today they are 65 days old and I would suggest they are trooping along nicely :smoking: .

Temps are set at 23 lights out and 25.5 lights on, and thanks to the Inkbirds they have remained steady even with our random weather, the humidity is lower than I would like but to be fair with teh state amount of 'matter' in the tent right now I am comfortable with it sitting at 30% RH, and the res temp is 20.

Fertigations are currently set at 8 times throughout lights on, with total time running set at 3 hours distributed evenly across the 8, the amount they are drinking crept up to nearly 15 litres a day for the four plants in the tent but that has slowed down again back to 10ish which is expected rate from crowning to chopping.
    For food they are only getting Green Haze Bloom A&B right now, everything else has stopped and for the first time I am using the manufacturers rate of usage. They get 80ml of A and 80ml of B in 20 litres of water, normally with all the other stuff it tops out at 60ml per 20ltrs. Will be interesting to see how they do now on just bloom to the end. although with the Mimosa being slower than her sisters I may sneak another 20ml of PK in over the next week or so.

The PH went a bit balmy a couple of nights ago, it was around 5 one morning, so I used the tried and tested bicarb, a couple of pinches of that in the main res and it krept back up to 6 - no idea why but definitely reminded me that testing daily is a must.

Mimosa to the right, Trichomes and Cream to the left.
    82FF30A2-025F-4D37-973D-EFF00D1D7A8E_1_201_a.jpeg

As is clear the Mimosa is a beast, hoping the others finish up so I can spread her out to finish as she certainly needs it - she has buds forming all the way up every branch, and every branch is long - the task at hand is to make sure I avoid rot and keep it gusty in there - I think we are past just regular air movement. Right now she has one fan on her underside and one blowing down on her - she will get another around the back when I work out how to fold myself enough to get it in place. Her top is only a couple of inches away from the light, I think I am going to have to bend her slightly just so she doesn't burn.
    40281CAA-738F-42F1-9074-F51E459EE278.jpeg

The Trichomes & Cream is tiny by comparison, that said if the Mimosa was out of the picture she would be a very respectable plant. She has an almighty coating of Trichomes which is increasing daily, this has caused the biggest issue as it is impossible to defoliate, you only have to look at her and she sticks to you, I really must find a way under to try to open her out a bit.
    The smells coming from her are delightful, with a very fresh tropical fruit nose at the front and a mellow creamy undertone.
    Hard to get a good picture, so here is what try to show what I can see
    526E3D0D-A2B9-4C79-9D86-58C7110E6AF5_1_201_a.jpeg
    1AE4C3D7-E8FD-43ED-8520-5170426749D2.jpeg
    4028B93B-6EF8-4059-B65F-E3901BA2D5CD.jpeg
    44C31394-8214-45D9-9B99-EEC6147366FA.jpeg

Thats it for now - cheers for popping in :cheers:

Take care
    Z

Back