Dutch Passion Zaaboot has a go at Trichomes & Cream alongside a Mimosa Punch

What a beast mate! :hothot:Tower of Babylon or like you say she has some Burj Kalifa traits :crying:

That main cola is going to be a massive spear if you keep it like this! I hope the others won't miss out on light efficiency, but it seems the buds even for the smallest plants are still developing very nicely.

Day 65
Hello all - hope you are all doing well!

Back again for an update, today they are 65 days old and I would suggest they are trooping along nicely :smoking: .

Temps are set at 23 lights out and 25.5 lights on, and thanks to the Inkbirds they have remained steady even with our random weather, the humidity is lower than I would like but to be fair with teh state amount of 'matter' in the tent right now I am comfortable with it sitting at 30% RH, and the res temp is 20.

Fertigations are currently set at 8 times throughout lights on, with total time running set at 3 hours distributed evenly across the 8, the amount they are drinking crept up to nearly 15 litres a day for the four plants in the tent but that has slowed down again back to 10ish which is expected rate from crowning to chopping.
For food they are only getting Green Haze Bloom A&B right now, everything else has stopped and for the first time I am using the manufacturers rate of usage. They get 80ml of A and 80ml of B in 20 litres of water, normally with all the other stuff it tops out at 60ml per 20ltrs. Will be interesting to see how they do now on just bloom to the end. although with the Mimosa being slower than her sisters I may sneak another 20ml of PK in over the next week or so.

The PH went a bit balmy a couple of nights ago, it was around 5 one morning, so I used the tried and tested bicarb, a couple of pinches of that in the main res and it krept back up to 6 - no idea why but definitely reminded me that testing daily is a must.

Mimosa to the right, Trichomes and Cream to the left.
82FF30A2-025F-4D37-973D-EFF00D1D7A8E_1_201_a.jpeg

As is clear the Mimosa is a beast, hoping the others finish up so I can spread her out to finish as she certainly needs it - she has buds forming all the way up every branch, and every branch is long - the task at hand is to make sure I avoid rot and keep it gusty in there - I think we are past just regular air movement. Right now she has one fan on her underside and one blowing down on her - she will get another around the back when I work out how to fold myself enough to get it in place. Her top is only a couple of inches away from the light, I think I am going to have to bend her slightly just so she doesn't burn.
40281CAA-738F-42F1-9074-F51E459EE278.jpeg

The Trichomes & Cream is tiny by comparison, that said if the Mimosa was out of the picture she would be a very respectable plant. She has an almighty coating of Trichomes which is increasing daily, this has caused the biggest issue as it is impossible to defoliate, you only have to look at her and she sticks to you, I really must find a way under to try to open her out a bit.
The smells coming from her are delightful, with a very fresh tropical fruit nose at the front and a mellow creamy undertone.
Hard to get a good picture, so here is what try to show what I can see
526E3D0D-A2B9-4C79-9D86-58C7110E6AF5_1_201_a.jpeg
1AE4C3D7-E8FD-43ED-8520-5170426749D2.jpeg
4028B93B-6EF8-4059-B65F-E3901BA2D5CD.jpeg
44C31394-8214-45D9-9B99-EEC6147366FA.jpeg

Thats it for now - cheers for popping in :cheers:

Take care
Z

I do agree its probably best to slightly bend that main cola a bit, on the level of where most of the others tops are located, and in a way that you can keep most of the bud in one piece...you can already see the top part isn't liking that PPFD value there.

Would be better for the rest of the plants too:thumbsup:

That Trichome & Cream does what it needs to do, dropping trichs like hell!
And creamy is the right description for that strain, 100%

Good luck sticking your nose (and hands) in that one haha! :crying:

I do agree its probably best to slightly bend that main cola a bit, on the level of where most of the others tops are located, and in a way that you can keep most of the bud in one piece...you can already see the top part isn't liking that PPFD value there.

Would be better for the rest of the plants too:thumbsup:

That Trichome & Cream does what it needs to do, dropping trichs like hell!
And creamy is the right description for that strain, 100%

Good luck sticking your nose (and hands) in that one haha! :crying:
Hey @Antonio_DutchPassion - hope you are well sir!

Yep, it has to be done, I will do it at lights on a little later - just need to work out where to lay it down as the place is pretty tighly packed at the moment. The Pure red I have running should be done in a week to ten days, I plan to move the T&C in to the slot in the front left which will help a lot with the Mimosa

Not looking forward to the job but it has to be done - spread out the T&C

Catch you later :cheers:

smashing it in there bro I've even started 2 more trichomes and cream as she was that nice smoke wise also your big tall plant I would have thought you would have bent her over earlier as I'm not sure how bendable she will be now but if you can it will keep your canopy a bit more level as I supercrop any plant that needs it

hey there @St. Tom - thanks!

I should have done it earlier but was waiting to see if it would fit, the plant is still oddly pliable so the bend will be a bend not so much of a snap, and will use something to keep it in place - just need to find a gap to position it

Hey all - just a quickie - Burj Khalifa was bent in half yesterday, not great as she has created an umbrealla over herself, I am tempted to just cut it off completely to allow the rest of the plant to get on with it.
4771F440-5D3B-48F2-8AC2-E79790493524.jpeg
6666837B-C944-40F9-A9BC-4870B2C16E75.jpeg

Have a grand weekend
Z

Hello all - back again for a little update, after the bending of the Burj, I decided to cut it of entirely, it was just getting in the way - sure, there wont be a nice long cola to look at, but the rest of the plant will benefit, and looking at her now she is preparing for war - the team at the Mimosa Inn are getting their spears at the ready. It is nuts just how many long branches that are looking like will give out some serious buddage...impressive, albeit unruly!
On the other side, the Trichomes & Cream has been overshadowed sadly - with hindsight being as accurate as it is - I am sure I would have done better with just two plants this run, they would have easily filled the space out by themselves. Once again, as mentioned she is living up to her name - a serious sugar coating for something still in its infancy, and plenty of time left for her to fatten up.

Temps, EC, PH have not changed for a while now 23-25.5, 1.6 & 6 respectively.

The Mimosa now residing over two levels
55EF2984-6533-4B28-A41D-CC03579ABE5E.jpeg
8AFC831F-95BB-4E72-8C53-59722A203331_1_201_a.jpeg

Trichomes & Cream
5D1ABD18-2092-46FE-BDE3-A09F3B70E420_1_201_a.jpeg
D3D893F8-9BE5-4F74-8CE1-47AE8F7F5FC4.jpeg

As you can see with her, she needs a good defoliation, but it is impossible, so I do what I can, today I had to take a couiple of branches of just to make sure air is moving around her and when I can get a leaf it does come off - so hoping over the next week or two she will have had most of that foliage removed.

Thats it for now - cheers for dropping in :pass:
take care!
Z

Back