Dutch Passion Zaaboot has a go at Trichomes & Cream alongside a Mimosa Punch

Zaaboot

Just me and my gnomes
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Far far too much
Hello all - I hope everyone is keeping well.
I am running very very late to the party but I hope to grow some loveliesto make up for it!
first up, thank you to the man @Antonio_DutchPassion for the chance to get give these ladies a run:worship:

Right then right then - they sat in their bed of worm poo and both p within 24hrs.
Will call today day one as they are now up and over the poo.
6A325C6E-1413-468E-AE38-365112C6555F.jpeg
04D8B904-49CD-4295-8170-0599782EFCFD.jpeg
DE633A0F-6E07-444F-ADF3-27ACE9D41FED.jpeg
E602B4E3-0BA4-4F8D-B055-4E322C0400B9.jpeg

The set up is as follows:
- Wilma XL 4 pot recirculating system, in the res is a heater set at 20 and a water agitator which is on 24/7.
- Phresh Hyperfan V2 attached to an EC controller set at 24 degrees
- Par+ 465w full spectrum LED light
- 3x 6” fans
- a 40w tube heater in the tent and a 240w oil radiator in the lung room both attached to Inkbird controllers - lung room set at 23 and tent at 24 degrees
The Nutrients and medium will be Gold Label coco 40% /pebble 60% mix, coupled with Green Haze base nutrients grow and bloom A&B, gg Monosilic, canna start, root tonic, and as of today I have not decided on boosters or PK as there are a few in the cupboard to chose from - but I do expect to give the Monkey Nutrients Resin and boost a go this run.

Today they are still in their little decomposable pots and once the Wilma is clean they will be put directly into their final 18ltr pots - hopefully by tomorrow

Looking at some of the other grows I am a touch excited about these ladies as I tend to be with any DP runs - big things tend to be on the horizon.

Take care and cheers for popping in
Z

Day 2
Hey hey everyone - hope you are all good.
AS things are always a touch slow to start I thought I would show what the place looks like after a good clean up.

Getting the pots up to temp then will put the little pots directly in their holes.
3B9A26D8-B35D-4565-B223-664D72A0666D.jpeg

Top left - Mimosa Punch. Bottom Left Trichomes & Cream
CC157272-1D27-477D-93FB-6EF556455E89.jpeg

Woop woop DP

Z

Week 1
Hello All - hope you are all fine and dandy!
The two DP ladies are coming along, it is the end of their first week having been put in poo.
They always look tiny in their big pots at this stage, so although they look small I would say they are pretty much where they should be.

Nutrients so far has only been Canna start and Root tonic from Growers Ark, and a lid full of calmag. They are not drinking much at all at this stage, so I will give it until the lights go on this afternoon and empty the res and refill with true base nutrients to get them going.
They will get Green Haze grow A&B, a dash of calmag and some root tonic with a target EC of 1 to 1.2.
Temperatures and everything is good sitting at 23 lights out and 25 lights on with an RH floating round 60%, and the light has gradually gone from 10% to 50% over the last few days.

Top left is the T&C and top right is the Mimosa Punch
82690AC4-B1A9-4799-9AFA-10B581AD6C09.jpeg

The Mimosa is the biggest of the bunch so far
721E1941-5D74-4823-AF34-176DE5177A7C.jpeg

T&C
BD32BE58-C313-4BE8-943F-759C27560477.jpeg

That is it for this week - cheers all
Z

14 days old
Hello all - Hopeing you are all keeping well! Back for the end of week 2 update.
As I am sure you can appreciate they do grow ever so slowly at this stage, this said the Mimosa is powering along and I would say is slightly ahead of her peers at this stage.
Not sure of there is something up with the temps in the tent but all the leaves on all the plants look a bit haggard, it is as if they keep heading out at night and getting wasted only to look tired by the time I get up...Looking at the temps on the Inkbird app they seem very steady so not quite sure...possibly lack of RH?

The ladies are two weeks old today and are still drinking very little, It was time to start the Grow nutes after the starter lot so I had to change the res out as they had not finished it up yet. Either way, for their age I feel they are on point and apart from the haggered leaf look they are doing well.
The EC is 1, made up of Green HAze A&B grow, 1ml per ltr of Root Tonic, and a dash of calmag, the RH is 6.2 - I have been setting it at 5.8 but it keeps creeping and I dont want to fill my tank up with acid so have let it drift up slightly and it seems to have settled at 6.2 which is fine by me.
Temps according to the INkbird are 23.5 lights off and 25 lights on, humidity is low hovering around the 35-40's.

AA1CF059-06B8-464E-8B6D-0E60A92AD7D0_1_201_a.jpeg

Mimosa Punch
E04F8859-873B-4528-916D-A0714C105633.jpeg

Trichomes and Cream
5CB892BA-0CFB-487C-AC36-FA231E89D0E1.jpeg

Once they get another set of leaves on them they will have their first round of bondage, I am thinking with these two that I top them once, then train them open so they have circa only 8 main heads, all the lowers will be srtipped leaving spears....well thats the plan anyway.

Stay well and cheers for popping in
Z

Hello everyone - just a quickie as I can't for the life of me work out what is going on with these leaves.
They just dont seem "alert" enough. Almost wrinkled and bordering on leathery - the only two things I can think is they are getting to much N, or the low humidity is causing them issues.

The picture in the post above shows from the side their waviness as well.

15D9EA45-68D4-440F-B128-F63DEAFCC846_1_201_a.jpeg

First time I have seen this, also whilst looking at the picture and typing, I would say they are looking slightly veiny as well.

They are growing at the speed I would expect them to be, but the leaves won't snap out of it and start praying.
Lights are off now for a their bed time, but I would like to try something when they come back on to address it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for the reps @Antonio_DutchPassion :cheers:

Hi @Zaaboot :passit:

Will try to give you an advice on what to do, but i can’t be sure as i can’t feel the environment - knowing what or how much you feed them daily or exactly how you treated them as youngsters.

It’s actually more factors that plays a role but i will tell you what i would have done in exactly this scenario…

First i would have raised the temperature to 25.5-26 degrees Celcius and at the same time raised the rh% to a minimum of 50-55% - by not letting the warm and moisture air sneak out from the grow-room.

Second i would have checked so they didn’t got to much light. And what is to much light? - That is different from plant to plant so i can’t tell you what to aim for, but i would have kept the lights on for 24/0 as it’s easier to dial the light in that way - and the plants get a stronger growth from start doing so….

Now after a “couple” of hours when the plants felt better i would have raised the food to 1.2 on the right plant and continue to give an EC of 1.0 for the left one.

Tomorrow i would probably have raised the food to 1.3 on the right plant and to 1.1 for the left plant -
but that only applies if earlier steps have been executed without any problems…

In three to for days the girls will look much better and the roots will feel warmer, grow stronger as well as their new set of leaf’s…

Hope this helps, and i wish you the best of grows :pass:

(Edit: don’t forget to give enough water (food and water) when the temperatures gets higher).

Last edited:
Hey there @Xmas - hope you are keeping well, and thanks for the notes - makes perfect sense.

The temps in the room are always stable at 24 lights off to 25 lights on, easy enough to nudge it up on the app - the humidity I feel is definitely playing a part in this as they are only a couple of weeks old and I dont use domes or anything of the sort, once they are up they go in to their final pots.

The RH has been hovering circa 35-45% which does need to go up, so I shall rig up the humidifier later when the lights go on and rig it up to another inkbird to get that to where it should be at this stage.

LIghtwise, they are under a 480w full spectrum LED which is running at 60% as of today and is sitting precisely 20 inches above the tallest leaf

The feeding side of things is definitely leaving me scratching my head, they have had the same start as all my other plants for a while now - all four plants sit on the one recirculating system and they get about 170 minutes of water throughout the day, they sit inside their 18ltr pots (which have had teh bottoms drilled heavily, and the medium being 60%pebbles 40%coco mix they take what they want and the rest drips out freely and with the coco it is always nice and moist, never being allowed to go dry etc...
Using pure RO water, they started life at .6 and have worked their way up to 1.2 as of today coupled with using my regular grow nutrients, and from day one get Growers ark root tonic. I haven't changed anything really for a while hence scratching my noggin.

Also, what is making it a bit more confusing is they are growing at a very acceptable rate.

I think there are a few things to do once lights go on - thanks for the input, got my head in to gear.

- Full res change, which is always a chore - but more to do with getting the water, need about 70lites to do that plus I have lost two of the lids of my 20 litrr bottles that I use to get the RO in, so driving back in the car with 5 x20ltr bottles some without lids is not overly appealing...anyhow goves me a reason to get out.
- Increase temps (now set at 24.5 lights off and 26 lights on
- Rig up the humidifier and set it at 65% - I need to find a way of feeding the humidifier automatically as that can wear thin rather quickly filling the tank a couple of times a day
- A bit of foliar spray every visit with Velokelp

thanks again
Z

Day 21
Hello all - hope you are all well. we have a sneaky bit of sunshine today so all is good!
Right then, if you recall last week the ladies were suffering a bit, it has gone both ways since then - the mimosa has carried on a few ruffles but no drama, whereas the T&C is really struggling for some reason.
I have gonee through the 'normals' t get everything in range and no real change to her, she is still looking sad.

Anyway, they both got topped during the week and all foliage removed - the Mimosa is fine but the T&C is struggling even more. I think she is just sensitive.
Temps: 23.5 Lights off, 25.5 lights on
RH: 50%
E.C: 1.2, made up of Grow A&B, root tonic, and a dash of calmag
Res temp: 21
Lights: 65%

Mimosa - before
5E707801-808D-48E3-A1DC-22B265624218.jpeg

Mimosa After
133115CF-1F81-4A1C-8A24-5A62F64DAE2D.jpeg

T&C (looking at this pic, looks like she cannot take too much N, but still not 100%)
BB67869A-FF11-4FDC-8B87-F5A88EE50F4D.jpeg

This morning, two days after being chopped up (Mimosa)
7D13E456-703E-47DB-B2CB-1CAD835531F3.jpeg

And the T&C today
243818E2-EA16-4B31-8CE6-33275F59F418.jpeg

Hoping the T&C gets in to her groove, as they are probably half way through their junior days now and will be hitting flower in 20/25 days.

Cheers for stopping by
Z

Back