2 plants 1 pot

4d-Rock

Geo-grower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Seedstocker Purple Punch, Silver Lime Haze CBD, BCN Critical
Hey all,
Having some weird things going on with one of my plants in flowering.
Im using a 3gal airpot and early on I was having problems germinating seeds (old seeds). So I ended up putting two in this pot, well both ended up growing and I thought I would try letting both grow out. Both have been doing well until the last week when one has started to have issues. Initially it looked like Ca-def, and still could be but it has been worsening. Another thing to note is that it’s the higher/exposed leaves that are most affected. So I’m wondering if the LED light is too much or at least making the Ca-def worse.
Few details before pics…
Strain is Sweet and Sour by Mephisto Genetics
Mix of Coco coir and perlite
Nutes are Megacrop 1 part v2 with Epson salt
(4.5g/gal MC to 0.5g/gal Epson Salt)
Added about 50ppm CalMag for the last week.
Anyways, I just thought it was super weird that being in the same pot, sharing the same nutes, and supposedly the same strain (albeit the strain was part of their tester batch so maybe not as stable or consistent?) but they are reacting so different.
Front shot with mostly the healthy plant, top cola leaves have been going purple for the last couple weeks, assumed that was strain related and not nute deficiency.
AA95478F-5813-4924-AD8C-A5E9E5D3EF7D.jpeg

Top view, can see the more affected plant in the back
683B9A32-163E-4FAD-81B6-92E4114E914F.jpeg

closer shot
3C09C050-929E-43B2-822C-6BA221D2639F.jpeg

I was either just going to hold the course I’m on or potentially flush and feed at appropriate levels.
Anything else I should consider or any comments?
Thanks!

Hello ! I had the same issue and I found out that some strains are more affected on leaves by led light than others… in particular, the plant may need more calmag and I feel like using foliar application is a better and more effective way of administer.
Knew from my experience, I do use Epsom salt mixed in the soil from start and then, after the 4th week i top dress Epsom with some worm casting, if the plant needs more, I do use foliar application -water mixed with Epsom salt- never had a problem since :cooldance:
hopes this helps !!!! Good growing:smoking:

P.S. to be clear, Epsom salt is only mag.. usually cal is enough in tap water/fertilisers, depending on what you use so you don’t need to add more.
For me, I do use 1 ml calmag organic once a week.

Last edited:
Thanks, I typically don’t Foliar feed once flowering has started but it’s something to think about.

I have continued with some minor addition of CalMag to my feeds and trying to keep the pH in the right zone. Also I turned off one of my COB lights to bring down the intensity which I find that it was the most exposed leaves that were affected most.
So far things aren’t getting worse so I’ll continue along and prune off the rough looking leaves.

I just find it funny/frustrating about the varying needs of these plants, even when all else is consistent including the strain.

Looks like an auto coming near the end of it''s life cycle, time to start checking the trich's.....

:yeahthat: Looks like a nice fade starting to happen at this stage in the game I wouldn't do anything drastic :headbang: Your feeding plenty IMO:toke:

Ya thanks. other than adding 50 or so ppms of CalMag I’ve kept it pretty consistent. I haven’t been documenting too much of this grow so wasn’t even sure the age of it. I figured it’s probably around day 73.
I’m liking the frost on it though the buds could do with a little more fattening up. I’ll probably check the trichs over the weekend and see where we’re at.

Sill got my original bottle of cal-mag still up on the shelf, haven't touched since 1st grow, lol.

Hah, nice. It’s probably likely that the deficiency was pH related. I hadn’t been pHing the feeds since im used to growing in peat and my mix is usually in an ok range. However with the switch to coco it probably needed to be brought down. So I started getting the mix down to 5.8-6.1 or so when I started seeing issues. Will continue that as well

Hah, nice. It’s probably likely that the deficiency was pH related. I hadn’t been pHing the feeds since im used to growing in peat and my mix is usually in an ok range. However with the switch to coco it probably needed to be brought down. So I started getting the mix down to 5.8-6.1 or so when I started seeing issues. Will continue that as well
I haven't done a pH test the past 2 grows, I'm fvcking loving it.

Back