Reaction score
Currently Smoking
G-13, Super Lemon Haze
Strains:
- Auto Ultimate (XXL)
- Auto Glueberry OG (XXL)
- Think Big (XXL)
Imagine that!
I`m ready for my first growth of the Dutch Passion beasts, and while doing this, I wanted to give the "cheap" Chinese 2000 Watt LED a proper test run - all documented here!

As we all know, the "cheap" LED`s that we find on Ebay is always tempting to get, as they can be acquired for under 300 $ all the way down to around 100$ for the lower watts.
I`ve not seen that many grows with the 2000 watt, so I decided to give it a chance, as it looked more comparable to a normal 1200 Watt, without the spread and light penetration of course. ¨

To not fry my youngsters, I will give them 250 Watt HPS the first week, before starting with the 2000 watt on week 2 (max range)

For this grow, I set up a completely new grow box. So with nothing more to say, let`s go into the details of the grow:

Grow Area:
- The tent is a Mars Hydro tent 120x120x200 (48x48x80)
front-side-big-grow-tent-indoor-0620.jpg

Light:
- Unbranded 2000W LED from Ebay
1pcs-1600W-1800W-font-b-2000W-b-font-Double-Chips-font-b-LED-b-font-Grow.jpg
- (250 Watt HPS for week 1)

Water/Feeding:
- Dripping system from 15L reservoir
- Mill`s Nutrients full set

Air control:
- 2x inline fans 6 inch with speed controller
fans.JPG
- 6 inch carbon filter
- Avalon Ultrasonic Warm/Cool Mist Germ Free Digital Humidifier with Remote
- YUZHENLEI Dehumidifier fully automatic.

Grown in:
- 18 Liter pots (5 gal)
- Light mix soil
- 3 Inch Pellets on bottom of pot
- 2 inch pellets on top of pot

**Germinated 04.09.2017**
***Planted 06.09.2017***

LET`S SMOKE DUTCH PASSION THIS CHRISTMAS!

Last edited:
You will grow a monster plant with that light. Is it a single chip five watt or a 3 watt epiled? double chip 10 watt cheap ones do not fair as well Great grow by the way I love when people experiment with leds.

Thank you for the replies and the first subs of this 3 months project!:welcome:
I`m so hyped to see the potential in these genetics :biggrin:

You will grow a monster plant with that light. Is it a single chip five watt or a 3 watt epiled? double chip 10 watt cheap ones do not fair as well Great grow by the way I love when people experiment with leds.

Let`s hope they are able to perform steady enough for me to use it properly!
I`m not expecting any results like from a $ 1000+ LED.
As I`m testing this light for the first time, I`ll specify the light a little bit more, I`m sure you`re not the only one wondering!

Watt drawn from wall: 430 Watt
Lens: Mixed 90/120 degrees
PAR: 0,2 Meter (8 inch) = 2670 (0,5 m2 coverage)
0,5 Meter (20 inch) = 2170 (1,5 m2 coverage)
1,0 Meter (39 Inch) = 1670 (3,0 m2 coverage)
Light Bulb: Double 10 Watt Epistar LED
Dimensions: 45x30x6cm ( 17.72 x 11.81 x 2.36 Inches)
Spectrum: Full Spectrum (144PCS Red, 32 PCS Blue, 8 PCS white, 8 PCS Orange 4 PCS IR 4 PCS UR

As you can see, this is one of the standard Chinese LED`s with double 10W chips.
Let`s see what happens! :shooty:

I'll sub up for this. Great start of the Journal! I have done all three strains, so I know this will be something good to Watch! :thumbsup:

Great! Welcome!
Seems like after the release of the ultimate in the spring of 2013, every autoflower grower has touched the strain! Glad to have someone here with experience with all of them! I`ll make sure to @tag you if something unusual pops up! :d5:

That is a great set up. Your light is drawing about the correct amount from the wall for a less expensive light. I think you will be very happy. That being said we can see how these 10 watt double chip works. Kudos to you for investing for research.:slap::worship:

That is a great set up. Your light is drawing about the correct amount from the wall for a less expensive light. I think you will be very happy. That being said we can see how these 10 watt double chip works. Kudos to you for investing for research.:slap::worship:

Thank you!
Yeah, lets see if there is any point in buying these lights at all! I`m satisfied with the actual watt drawn from the wall, so in the end of the day, this little project wont be too expensive if it`s a failure.

-------------------------------------

The seedlings had still not cracked the soil after 24 hours, but they are close, so they should be up tonight.
Last night I placed a humidity dome over the seed spots.

Here is a little picture - mid process - of getting the tent ready with the new dripping system last week.
IMG_20170905_004852.jpg

Also, the dehumidifier arrived yesterday, and it`s horrible.
It`s been in the flowering tent now for 24 hours and was able to bring the humidity "down" to 65%..
There was no remote included in the pack as they stated online, and everything on the device is in Chinese with a simple on/off switch.
I will put up a more detailed review about it later to prevent anyone to might make the same mistake, but first I will give the dealership a quick call...:d5:

U do know that ur light won't even be 300 wats

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

U do know that ur light won't even be 300 wats

I`m generally not looking for watt, rather than PAR when I`m looking at LED`s, but please feel free to elaborate your point, I`m all ears! :smoking:

I`m generally not looking for watt, rather than PAR when I`m looking at LED`s, but please feel free to elaborate your point, I`m all ears! :smoking:
I've got the same light but the 800w and it's only 100w hence how I know

Back