420Forever

Life Begins At 420
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The sweet taste of life :-)
(post edit: this grow journal has been threadmarked...jus click on "reader mode" at the bottom left of this or any other threadmarked post in order to skip over all extraneous commentz & view only the relevant updatez/picz ;) now, on with the show, choo-choo! :headbang: )

NLRR Engine No.420 Has Left The Station!! :yay:

download (2).jpg

northern_lights_1553720962.jpg

20190621_091506.jpg

Harli, Day 1

O-o-o-okay kidz, yup, the train has left the station, and just in time for the Highday Solstice :woohoo: as me was sooooo hopin would work out :biggrin: See, me got a couple theoriez in me back pocket, and all this started with the full moon phaze earlier this week, and.....well, first thingz first...

First, before I start typin out war & peace here (lol, ya, it'z gonna be a loooong one, so grab yer bongz & munchiez :pop:), I jus wanna express heartfelt appreciation & gratitude for both AFN & all the great peepz I've met in here so far :toke: I jus joined a week ago today, and have already picked up a wealth of info, and...well, I'm jus really glad this place is here (downtimez aside, ahem), blahblahblah. Oh, and :thanks: to one & all for all the likez & to @Free Flow @Frankthetank @MissUniverse @RivetGrrl for the repz:thumbsup: :thanks:

Soooo, where to start, lol. Well, truth be told, this will only be my second grow...the first was also a NL auto about 5 yrz ago...just a single plant that didn't get big at all & low yield, but only cuz of all the rookie mistakez I made, lol, and hopefully, this time will do better. So technically, I'm not a new grower, but am def still on the low rungz of the growing ladder...but, I also luv nature, seeing new life emerge, learning new thingz, etc, so growin to me is jus plain fun, and I look forward to havin u guyz ride along with me on this :thumbsup:

Secondly, I'm jus growin for health, not wealth...jus wanna be able to support me own personal medicine & all is good. I was on opiatez (morphine, oxycodone) for 10 yrz, along with a couple other medz, and long story short, got off all that shit 5 yrz ago, was lucky enuff to have met a great, steady "source" along the same time, and thus, started self medicating with weed every damn day & have never felt better...living proof that all u need -> is weed :thumbsup: For thoze that don't already know, I'm in Missouri, USA, and they finally passed medical here last Nov, and we can grow up to 18 plantz, so even tho I meself am not quite "legal" yet, lol, it was the only excuse i needed to get into growin again, and I'm def lookin forward to it. I plan to do staggered growz in a rotation, so hopefully, I'll be cuttin one down every 5-6 wkz, and if I even get an oz per, that'll suit me jus fine & me will be a happee camper, ty :smoking:

Thirdly, in re to growin, I've alwayz been a let-it-grow-naturally type, alwayz thinkin "what would it be doin out there, in the wild-?" U guyz will probly hate me, lol, but I just ain't a fan of all the nutez, additivez, etc...me jus wanna KISS...plenty of light, good soil, and water em a couple timez a week, haha :smokeit: I do however wanna try toppin & some LST, as I've never done either...hell, even thinkin bout a microgrow in a 1/2 gal pot, jus fer sumthin to do, haha. But seriously, one thing I fully believe in & abide by is that Nature knowz best, and I jus wanna keep it all as natural as possible is all :shrug:

Fourthly (is that even a word :confused1:), I live in a reallllly small place, with an even smaller grow area, so 2-3 plantz topz is all I can do (and i guarantee that one will alwayz be a NL :biggrin:). The space I'm growin in is basically an old free-standing metal wardrobe clozet with sliding doorz that I cleared out for growing purposez (who needz clothez anyway-? :smoking:)...and yeah, as well as for a bit of stealth. The full size is 22x42", but currently, I'm only able to have 22x30" of it, but it'z good enuff to start out in with two plantz. There'z an upper shelf inside that I got the light hangin from & is 57" from the floor, but with the light, that dropz it to 48"...so, not a lotta room, lol. Will try & get a pic or two of it put up later on.

And lastly, the namez of me girlz are Harli & Teresa. Harli is in memory of an online buddy'z cat that he lost to the big C this past Monday, RIP, and Teresa is in memory of a longtime stoner neighbor-friend who passed back in April, also from the big C, RIP. Teresa won't be up for a few dayz yet probly, cuz she went straight into the dirt, as oppozed to germing.

Annnnd, the particularz...
(need to get this wrapped up before the site crashez...again :doh:)

Seedz: NL autoz from Crop King Seeds (Canada)
Light: 1000w full white (w/red added) LED from ONEO (200w from the wall)...got it for $90 on Amazon (can provide link)
Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest, nothing added, but did make a cereal bowl size depression in potz with a more neutral soil for beanz to start out in (jus peat moss, wood shavingz, recycled green waste & perlite)
Potz: jus reg 2-1/2 gal plastic w/xtra drainage holez added
Light cycle: 18/6, with dark time from noon to 6pm (cuz of summer)
Water: Distilled w/molassez, and/or rainwater (both left out to sit at least 24 hrz)

Think that'z about it for now. Hope u guyz enjoy the ride as much as I will & any/all input is welcome alwayz :toke: Let'z get to growin shall we-? Choo-Choo!! :biggrin:

PPP & Up The Ironz!
:headbang:

:420: :bong:

View attachment 1073968
View attachment 1073969
View attachment 1073970
Harli, Day 1

O-o-o-okay kidz, yup, the train has left the station, and just in time for the Highday Solstice :woohoo: as me was sooooo hopin would work out :biggrin: See, me got a couple theoriez in me back pocket, and all this started with the full moon phaze earlier this week, and.....well, first thingz first...

First, before I start typin out war & peace here (lol, ya, it'z gonna be a loooong one, so grab yer bongz & munchiez :pop:), I jus wanna express heartfelt appreciation & gratitude for both AFN & all the great peepz I've met in here so far :toke: I jus joined a week ago today, and have already picked up a wealth of info, and...well, I'm jus really glad this place is here (downtimez aside, ahem), blahblahblah. Oh, and :thanks: to one & all for all the likez & to @Free Flow & @Frankthetank for the repz:thumbsup: :thanks:

Soooo, where to start, lol. Well, truth be told, this will only be my second grow...the first was also a NL auto about 5 yrz ago...just a single plant that didn't get big at all & low yield, but only cuz of all the rookie mistakez I made, lol, and hopefully, this time will do better. So technically, I'm not a new grower, but am def still on the low rungz of the growing ladder...but, I also luv nature, seeing new life emerge, learning new thingz, etc, so growin to me is jus plain fun, and I look forward to havin u guyz ride along with me on this :thumbsup:

Secondly, I'm jus growin for health, not wealth...jus wanna be able to support me own personal medicine & all is good. I was on opiatez (morphine, oxycodone) for 10 yrz, along with a couple other medz, and long story short, got off all that shit 5 yrz ago, was lucky enuff to have met a great, steady "source" along the same time, and thus, started self medicating with weed every damn day & have never felt better...living proof that all u need -> is weed :thumbsup: For thoze that don't already know, I'm in Missouri, USA, and they finally passed medical here last Nov, and we can grow up to 6 plantz, so even tho I meself am not quite "legal" yet, lol, it was the only excuse i needed to get into growin again, and I'm def lookin forward to it. I plan to do staggered growz in a rotation, so hopefully, I'll be cuttin one down every 5-6 wkz, and if I even get an oz per, that'll suit me jus fine & me will be a happee camper, ty :smoking:

Thirdly, in re to growin, I've alwayz been a let-it-grow-naturally type, alwayz thinkin "what would it be doin out there, in the wild-?" U guyz will probly hate me, lol, but I just ain't a fan of all the nutez, additivez, etc...me jus wanna KISS...plenty of light, good soil, and water em a couple timez a week, haha :smokeit: I do however wanna try toppin & some LST, as I've never done either...hell, even thinkin bout a microgrow in a 1/2 gal pot, jus fer sumthin to do, haha. But seriously, one thing I fully believe in & abide by is that Nature knowz best, and I jus wanna keep it all as natural as possible is all :shrug:

Fourthly (is that even a word :confused1:), I live in a reallllly small place, with an even smaller grow area, so 2-3 plantz topz is all I can do (and i guarantee that one will alwayz be a NL :biggrin:). The space I'm growin in is basically an old free-standing metal wardrobe clozet with sliding doorz that I cleared out for growing purposez...and yeah, as well as for a bit of stealth. The full size is 22x42", but currently, I'm only able to have 22x30" of it, but it'z good enuff to start out in with two plantz. There'z an upper shelf inside that I got the light hangin from & is 57" from the floor, but with the light, that dropz it to 48"...so, not a lotta room, lol.

And lastly, the namez of me girlz are Harli & Teresa. Harli is in memory of an online buddy'z cat that he lost to the big C this past Monday, RIP, and Teresa is in memory of a longtime stoner neighbor-friend who passed back in April, also from the big C, RIP. Teresa won't be up for a few dayz yet probly, cuz she went straight into the dirt, as oppozed to germing.

Annnnd, the particularz...(need to get this wrapped up before the site crashez...again)

Light: 1000w full white (w/red added) LED from ONEO (200w from the wall)...got it for $90 on Amazon (can provide link)
Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest, nothing added, but did make a cereal bowl size depression in potz with a more neutral soil fro beanz to start out in (jus peat moss, wood shavingz, recycled green waste & perlite)
Water: Distilled w/molassez, and/or rainwater (both left out to sit at least 24 hrz)

Think that'z about it for now. Hope u guyz enjoy the ride as much as I will & any/all input is welcome alwayz :toke: Let'z get to growin shall we-? Choo-Choo!! :biggrin:

PPP & Up The Ironz! :headbang:

:420::bong:

Subbed and following along....good luck grobro:pass:

Looks like this will be interesting, very different from my (way too) heavy handed molestation (let's be honest) of my plants.
:slap: for your first journal, good luck with the girls :smoking:

very different from my (way too) heavy handed molestation (let's be honest) of my plants.

ur too funneeee! :rofl: and :thanks: for the rep, didn't notice at first, lol (stoned eyez ya know:smoking:)

Last edited:

View attachment 1073968
View attachment 1073969
View attachment 1073970
Harli, Day 1

First, before I start typin out war & peace here (lol, ya, it'z gonna be a loooong one, so grab yer bongz & munchiez :pop:), I jus wanna express heartfelt appreciation & gratitude for both AFN & all the great peepz I've met in here so far :toke: I jus joined a week ago today, and have already picked up a wealth of info, and...well, I'm jus really glad this place is here (downtimez aside, ahem), blahblahblah. Oh, and :thanks: to one & all for all the likez & to @Free Flow & @Frankthetank for the repz:thumbsup: :thanks:

Secondly, I'm jus growin for health, not wealth...jus wanna be able to support me own personal medicine & all is good. I was on opiatez (morphine, oxycodone) for 10 yrz, along with a couple other medz, and long story short, got off all that shit 5 yrz ago, was lucky enuff to have met a great, steady "source" along the same time, and thus, started self medicating with weed every damn day & have never felt better...living proof that all u need -> is weed :thumbsup: For thoze that don't already know, I'm in Missouri, USA, and they finally passed medical here last Nov, and we can grow up to 6 plantz, so even tho I meself am not quite "legal" yet, lol, it was the only excuse i needed to get into growin again, and I'm def lookin forward to it. I plan to do staggered growz in a rotation, so hopefully, I'll be cuttin one down every 5-6 wkz, and if I even get an oz per, that'll suit me jus fine & me will be a happee camper, ty :smoking:

Fourthly (is that even a word :confused1:), I live in a reallllly small place, with an even smaller grow area, so 2-3 plantz topz is all I can do (and i guarantee that one will alwayz be a NL :biggrin:). The space I'm growin in is basically an old free-standing metal wardrobe clozet with sliding doorz that I cleared out for growing purposez...and yeah, as well as for a bit of stealth. The full size is 22x42", but currently, I'm only able to have 22x30" of it, but it'z good enuff to start out in with two plantz. There'z an upper shelf inside that I got the light hangin from & is 57" from the floor, but with the light, that dropz it to 48"...so, not a lotta room, lol. Will try & get a pic or two of it put up later on.

Annnnd, the particularz...(need to get this wrapped up before the site crashez...again)

Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest, nothing added, but did make a cereal bowl size depression in potz with a more neutral soil for beanz to start out in (jus peat moss, wood shavingz, recycled green waste & perlite)

PPP & Up The Ironz! :headbang:

:420::bong:
Hope you planned to top them , cause 2 of them with no topping and LTS might be a bit too big, you could fill that space with only one if done the right way...auto Northern lights can get a bit large sometimes , but I'm one that like working with space , I got a 3x3 and would only start one myself, but, it's your choice in the end, wish you the biggest harvest and happy smoking.....
24176747_1550686898357925_2072679212274568142_n-1.jpg

Hope you planned to top them , cause 2 of them with no topping and LTS might be a bit too big, you could fill that space with only one if done the right way...auto Northern lights can get a bit large sometimes , but I'm one that like working with space , I got a 3x3 and would only start one myself, but, it's your choice in the end, wish you the biggest harvest and happy smoking.....
View attachment 1074052

LUV that pic! :biggrin: ya, i've seen some guyz get em like 5 ft tall, lol

View attachment 1074052
The dog on the right is sooooo cool that it smokes cigars from the lit end and the rest of the canine kingdom worships him.

Back