Any advice appreciated 1st grow

Chunks247

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
This is my 1st grow I'm using a mars hydro light, top dressing some worm castings at the moment and using shogun samurai nutrients, the plant that more bushy was started on a window ledge for a about 1.5 weeks before the led area was ready. Im open to any suggestions/criticism I will add photos bellow, should I stress train the bushy one to allow light in the the lower areas ? Should I repot into bigger pots or carry on as I am ? Also the bushy one seems to be drooping, Any advice appreciated I'm a complete novice read alot online but there's so many contradicting opinions.
16913866215538993243947622924597.jpg

Attachments

• 16913866491872197266551755289732.jpg
    16913866491872197266551755289732.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 16913866706128204657839371962057.jpg
    16913866706128204657839371962057.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 16913866829675781134452021966253.jpg
    16913866829675781134452021966253.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
They look nice Chunks! You can definitely start some training or at the very least some leaf tucking. I usually cut off the first nodes for personal preference and around this stage I’ll cut off the large fans from the 4th set and that really opens up the bottom for light. I’ve never bent the stalk to train because I prefer to top but by now I would be starting to pull some branches down and shape the plant.
4C1A42EF-400D-422A-9337-A765BEFDA20D.jpeg

They look nice Chunks! You can definitely start some training or at the very least some leaf tucking. I usually cut off the first nodes for personal preference and around this stage I’ll cut off the large fans from the 4th set and that really opens up the bottom for light. I’ve never bent the stalk to train because I prefer to top but by now I would be starting to pull some branches down and shape the plant.
View attachment 1622181
Them pipe cleaners are a good idea never thought of that I'm going to move a few branches when I'm home from work, appreciate the reply I'm enjoying the process and watching the grow just trying to make any major errors

Them pipe cleaners are a good idea never thought of that I'm going to move a few branches when I'm home from work, appreciate the reply I'm enjoying the process and watching the grow just trying to make any major errors
Theres no rush to start training too. I don’t touch the bottom branches until the set above them are long enough to train and pull down to the level of those bottom branches. This enables me to get on the path of having all even tops. And so you know, I have purposely dared these plants be messed up by experimenting on every grow with defol and training etc. I’ve found that if your fertigating schedule and tent conditions are on point you can do whatever you like to them. To truly enjoy growing you’ll grow by your own style armed with some knowledge here but with the willingness to see what happens when you do it HOWEVER you want to do it. Worst case scenario is you have to drop a couple new beans but you sure as heck know what not to do next time. Hope that makes sense and feel free to check out my current grow link below if youre an experimental kind of grower, good luck and congrats on finding this site, these guys and gals are the best in town I promise.

Hi bud

Your plant seems ok to me, the drooping could either be underwater or overwater as both have similar look but you'll know which it is by lifting the pot.

I'll.defo echo previous advice and carry out some LST to increase yield and get light to the darker places.

You said you've read and watched videos and lot contradict, that's going to be the same on here, or any other site as each of us find a way that suits ourselves and adapt to that style of growing.

What you will find though is we all want each other to reap our fruits and will always share great advice on pests or definiciencies

Me personally I would put her in a bigger pot, lift the light a little bit to stretch her up then lower it so I kinda get a 1.5" internode gap which then allows me to bend her over better and then lower the light back down.

I used to focus on wattage but since learning g more about photosynthesis I focus more on ppfd and find I get a better yield using lower wattage than I do frying my plants at the full power available.

Word of advice though is do NOT mix indica plants with sativa plants until you have more experience lol

Enjoy your growing and remember the 3 main rules...
1 no smell
2 no sell
3 no tell
It dont matter which order but theyre vital to a successful harvest unless you live in a place its all legal but then again you'll always find someone jealous so vest never tell lol

Hi bud

Your plant seems ok to me, the drooping could either be underwater or overwater as both have similar look but you'll know which it is by lifting the pot.

I'll.defo echo previous advice and carry out some LST to increase yield and get light to the darker places.

You said you've read and watched videos and lot contradict, that's going to be the same on here, or any other site as each of us find a way that suits ourselves and adapt to that style of growing.

What you will find though is we all want each other to reap our fruits and will always share great advice on pests or definiciencies

Me personally I would put her in a bigger pot, lift the light a little bit to stretch her up then lower it so I kinda get a 1.5" internode gap which then allows me to bend her over better and then lower the light back down.

I used to focus on wattage but since learning g more about photosynthesis I focus more on ppfd and find I get a better yield using lower wattage than I do frying my plants at the full power available.

Word of advice though is do NOT mix indica plants with sativa plants until you have more experience lol

Enjoy your growing and remember the 3 main rules...
1 no smell
2 no sell
3 no tell
It dont matter which order but theyre vital to a successful harvest unless you live in a place its all legal but then again you'll always find someone jealous so vest never tell lol
Cheers for the info I upgraded the pot today I will send some updates in a week or 2 see how it goes 🤙

You'll see a big difference, what size are you in and what medium and feed are you?

Are you going to run a diary and aim fir a cultivator badge?
I know nothing about the badges or pot sizes I will try find my receipt I changed pots yesterday the less bushy one was rooted 100% so glad I got it out when I did. I'm using organic compost-perlite-worm casting mix feeding shogun samurai nutrients at he moment, I started stress training the bushy plant yesterday I really need to get the seed packs out and see what I planted I forget constantly I'm enjoying the learning curve tho 🤦

New problem has sprung up after repotting showing some yellowing to the bottom leaves today I'm raising the light up it's getting a little too close, guessing the yellowing is still a over/underwatering issue I'm trying to find the balance also have a PH pen arriving today

Attachments

• 16918261545618529691019182723345.jpg
    16918261545618529691019182723345.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 16918261720198446997886015719959.jpg
    16918261720198446997886015719959.jpg
    951.4 KB · Views: 8
New problem has sprung up after repotting showing some yellowing to the bottom leaves today I'm raising the light up it's getting a little too close, guessing the yellowing is still a over/underwatering issue I'm trying to find the balance also have a PH pen arriving today
Make sure you are diligent with your ph pen and keeping on top of calibration. If you use it all the time it should be calibrated once a week. No doubt a needed tool, but if not properly maintained, it will definitely screw up your grow

Back