Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rebel

Sorry to hear about your ribs, hope you feel better soon. [emoji52]

Yup, yup, I taught English for years, but couldn't teach Portuguese if I wanted to! How can I make sense of why a chair is a she and a couch a he? You either grow up with it ingrained in you, or forget about it! Then you have the verb inflections, and lots of drama and such.

For someone who grew up with practical and straight to the point English as their language, it probably feels like total nonsense. I don't believe I would have been able to learn it if I hadn't grow up with Portuguese.

I love Mediterranean food! Seattle had some great Greek restaurants. Yum! All the Portuguese and Spanish seafood, salt cod dishes, the Portuguese desserts!! If I didn't have an awful cold, I'd be getting hungry just about now. [emoji23] [emoji28] [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

@Rebel

And Frankie's totally adorable. Does he cuddle? How big is he? A foot, two?

I have absolutely no knowledge at all regarding lizards. Other than an old story my mom tells me about when I was a toddler and she pulled a lizard tail from my mouth. Apparently, it was to the side of my mouth and I was sucking on it, when she called me and I smiled, she saw and pulled something that was sticking out and it was the tail.

I have absolutely no recollection of that, but we did have these little white lizards around when I was a kid. I guess they all died because after my childhood, I never saw them again. Damn terminators!

Ok, maybe I'm too stoned...

@Rebel

Sorry to hear about your ribs, hope you feel better soon. [emoji52]

Yup, yup, I taught English for years, but couldn't teach Portuguese if I wanted to! How can I make sense of why a chair is a she and a couch a he? You either grow up with it ingrained in you, or forget about it! Then you have the verb inflections, and lots of drama and such.

For someone who grew up with practical and straight to the point English as their language, it probably feels like total nonsense. I don't believe I would have been able to learn it if I hadn't grow up with Portuguese.

I love Mediterranean food! Seattle had some great Greek restaurants. Yum! All the Portuguese and Spanish seafood, salt cod dishes, the Portuguese desserts!! If I didn't have an awful cold, I'd be getting hungry just about now. [emoji23] [emoji28] [emoji108]

Thank you! I'll feel better if I get a good nights sleep... I speak Spanish because of my step father and again, where I grew up I went to school with lots of different races, ethnicities... But my stepdad is Puerto Rican and since the age of 8 would speak to me in Spanish..and make me answer him in Spanish. Lol it was kinda like boot camp :rofl: If I screwed up I had to repeat it like 20 times :crying: But I thank him now because of him doing that I breezed thru Spanish in High school! LOL I mean like in 11th grade I was taking college level Spanish lol and I became bilingual. That always rocks.

Yeah the conjugations and male female stuff takes some getting used to lol for sure! Then there's the Spain - Spanish which is totally different than "American" Spanish meaning just this hemisphere lol the islands, Mexico, central and south America... I spent 6 weeks in Costa Rica.. That place is amazing. Lots of English spoken there... A ton! Wow can I yap...

:pass:

@Rebel

And Frankie's totally adorable. Does he cuddle? How big is he? A foot, two?

I have absolutely no knowledge at all regarding lizards. Other than an old story my mom tells me about when I was a toddler and she pulled a lizard tail from my mouth. Apparently, it was to the side of my mouth and I was sucking on it, when she called me and I smiled, she saw and pulled something that was sticking out and it was the tail.

I have absolutely no recollection of that, but we did have these little white lizards around when I was a kid. I guess they all died because after my childhood, I never saw them again. Damn terminators!

Ok, maybe I'm too stoned...

Frankie is about a foot of so.. Almost as wide :crying: He looks like a flat tire lol he will hang out on your shoulder or lap if you're sitting down. He's funny when he's out he licks everything. Tastes it. Like laps his tongue out at everything lol he really doesn't do much but lounge in the window and watch TV:rofl: He loves getting stayed tho... With the water bottle... He'll close his eyes and raise his head up... Lol he's so cool... He eats crickets and sometimes meal worms... But mostly crickets.

Here's another shot of him

If you'd like to run it through Google Translator...

http://gshow.globo.com/receitas-gshow/receita/kibe-facil-531b75194d38855fb500004a.html

WP_20160722_005.jpg

That's a funny story! Kids put anything in their mouths lol

Thanks for the recipe!! :d5:

Thank you! I'll feel better if I get a good nights sleep... I speak Spanish because of my step father and again, where I grew up I went to school with lots of different races, ethnicities... But my stepdad is Puerto Rican and since the age of 8 would speak to me in Spanish..and make me answer him in Spanish. Lol it was kinda like boot camp :rofl: If I screwed up I had to repeat it like 20 times :crying: But I thank him now because of him doing that I breezed thru Spanish in High school! LOL I mean like in 11th grade I was taking college level Spanish lol and I became bilingual. That always rocks.

Yeah the conjugations and male female stuff takes some getting used to lol for sure! Then there's the Spain - Spanish which is totally different than "American" Spanish meaning just this hemisphere lol the islands, Mexico, central and south America... I spent 6 weeks in Costa Rica.. That place is amazing. Lots of English spoken there... A ton! Wow can I yap...

Yeah, we're dangerous together. I may have been known as a bit of a yapper from time to time...

Portuguese is very similar to Spanish. I love castellano (?), the Spanish spoken in Argentina. It's very different, beautiful and sexy like their tango!

Frankie is about a foot of so.. Almost as wide :crying: He looks like a flat tire lol he will hang out on your shoulder or lap if you're sitting down. He's funny when he's out he licks everything. Tastes it. Like laps his tongue out at everything lol he really doesn't do much but lounge in the window and watch TV:rofl: He loves getting stayed tho... With the water bottle... He'll close his eyes and raise his head up... Lol he's so cool... He eats crickets and sometimes meal worms... But mostly crickets.

Here's another shot of him

View attachment 654021

That's a funny story! Kids put anything in their mouths lol

Thanks for the recipe!! :d5:
Awww... he IS a bit of a chub ball. lol I'd love to hang with him, watch a movie together, see where we go from there, maybe introduce him to some of my cats. I'll hope he doesn't find me too forward when I start petting him during the movie, and feel goosebumps when I see that pretty little hand reaching out to touch me... wait! Ok, the little hands on the first picture were cute, but he's a lizard! He won't reach out to pet me back. Silly me! [emoji13] [emoji28] [emoji23]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back