Beeswax Question !

Micron Creek

Breeder/Craftsman
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Bees Knees
Being a person who values natural substances, I am inclined to follow the lead of some excellent examples here on AFN. Currently planning on making a topical with my vaped flowers, but there's a catch. Beeswax is something I can't produce.... So where would be the best place to find Beeswax?

@Root?

Last edited:
@Castle Grown

Sorry I did not see this.

I'm with you... I use the most natural, pure, basic materials I can.
Beeswax is something I routinely buy...since I can't make it and I don't want to raise bees again :rofl:

A local source would be your best bet for natural beeswax. You want to make sure it is filtered, small bee bits are yucky. Or you can buy online.
Filtered but not processed or bleached beeswax is available on amazon...
I get
Amazon product
From Natural Planet. $11.29 (US) It has that lovely honey smell that I look for.

I am going to move this to the Medical section where we discuss topicals

You could look locally for any honey producer. I would go to a farmers market first, but craft stores and soap making suppliers will have it.

The little "chip" form that Root shows from Amazon is the easiest to measure and to melt into your mix- plus that's a decent price.

just out of curiosity couldn't you use a soy wax or similar infused with some coconut oil infused with the herbals ?or even to re whip it with the Soy wax solely?candle shops leftovers where they make candles..prolly got a few places locally who make candles of sorts.I would hit them up personally if I was totally out of options LOL

just out of curiosity couldn't you use a soy wax or similar infused with some coconut oil infused with the herbals ?or even to re whip it with the Soy wax solely?candle shops leftovers where they make candles..prolly got a few places locally who make candles of sorts.I would hit them up personally if I was totally out of options LOL

I have never used soy wax, so I don't know if it will work. I use beeswax primarily as a way to thicken ointment/salve to make it easier to handle, rather than as a carrier.

Back