Indoor Blackstrap and LSD-25

I am not full moon but I have an answer for you that may apply. Autoflowering plants have a very short veg time, anything that can slow growth in that timeframe can stunt a plant permanently. A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in 3 days under good conditions. Whenever that tap root hits bottom or air it will slow down and even stop - air pruning. It is the lateral roots that grow off the tap root that become the feeder roots. The longer the tap root the bigger the root ball will be and the bigger the plant to it's genetic potential. Yes, feeder roots do grow laterals but it takes more time than the tap root and that is the problem, autos don't have time to spare. Most transplanting methods risk slowing down (or damaging) the tap root. The Meristem is at the very tip of the root, these are the only cells that divide to grow the plant's roots. It can be damaged quite easily. People germinating in towels or soaking risk damaging this very delicate tissue with just the slightest bump! A lot of the time the feeder roots can take over the future growth of the plant and it will survive but stunted. I highly recommend to plant the seed in the pot that plant will grow in. My Rock Wool grow system now includes a transplant. I have tried to germinate in 6" rockwool cubes but the seeds drown because they hold too much water. The 1.5" rock wool starter cube will dry down in a day or two and air can get to the seed so they don't drown but timing the move is tricky. Overall I have noticed smaller plants than when I was growing DWC and never moving that seedling.

View attachment 1624666

Hope this give you some ideas!
Thank Again!!! :cool1:

2 more LSD-25 begin their sacred journey skyward.

IMG_20230818_064349.jpg
IMG_20230818_064411.jpg

Both sprouted within a day of each other. Same soil, etc.

One is much more purple, flowered at least a week before the other.

Interestingly, the less purple one has more leaf sugar.

IMG20231008145415.jpg
IMG20231008145428.jpg
IMG_20231008_145844.jpg
IMG_20231008_145907.jpg

60 days in on these LSD-25 sisters.

The lighter of the 2 started drinking dramatically more water today.

JCC07040.jpg

The nugs on the darker one are bigger, and further along their growth, but overall the plant is smaller.

JCC07045.jpg

Back