Indoor Blackstrap and LSD-25

it was from a seed bank -- their NO replacements !! that's life -never use that seed bank again - Guess it's best to order from the original breeders web site
That's a bummer. I have had the best results with Blackstrap by directly sowing into six inch pots with a small amount of pete in the center of the pot. Make sure to water properly! That's easier said than done, I know. Follow @Mañ'O'Green watering advice and I promise you will have better luck. I transplant at about day 14 into five gallon pots.
Seed banks are getting more confusing lately too. It's like looking at beer labels. All the cool artwork but, what's in the bottle?

@FullMoonparty What advantage do you perceive over starting in the final pots?

The Blackstrap was in the Eazyplug Pyramid, and it stunted pretty badly, still haven;t figured out why.
Minimal yield vs other grows I looked up. I have a few more seeds, and will regrow that again too, but in soil this time.

Others have gotten good results with the small ones, but my soil has consistantly doubled it, I will not buy them again.

Oddly their starter cubes are really good. In some part of my brain I'm feeling like the pyramids aren't draining properly, its that type of stunting, but its supposed to be impossible to overwater these, especially as I was only watering them twice daily.

I did 5 grows with them, gave it a good try. The 6th one is going to get chopped up and added to some soil.

The Blackstrap was in the Eazyplug Pyramid, and it stunted pretty badly, still haven;t figured out why.
Minimal yield vs other grows I looked up. I have a few more seeds, and will regrow that again too, but in soil this time.

Others have gotten good results with the small ones, but my soil has consistantly doubled it, I will not buy them again.

Oddly their starter cubes are really good. In some part of my brain I'm feeling like the pyramids aren't draining properly, its that type of stunting, but its supposed to be impossible to overwater these, especially as I was only watering them twice daily.

I did 5 grows with them, gave it a good try. The 6th one is going to get chopped up and added to some soil.
I am not full moon but I have an answer for you that may apply. Autoflowering plants have a very short veg time, anything that can slow growth in that timeframe can stunt a plant permanently. A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in 3 days under good conditions. Whenever that tap root hits bottom or air it will slow down and even stop - air pruning. It is the lateral roots that grow off the tap root that become the feeder roots. The longer the tap root the bigger the root ball will be and the bigger the plant to it's genetic potential. Yes, feeder roots do grow laterals but it takes more time than the tap root and that is the problem, autos don't have time to spare. Most transplanting methods risk slowing down (or damaging) the tap root. The Meristem is at the very tip of the root, these are the only cells that divide to grow the plant's roots. It can be damaged quite easily. People germinating in towels or soaking risk damaging this very delicate tissue with just the slightest bump! A lot of the time the feeder roots can take over the future growth of the plant and it will survive but stunted. I highly recommend to plant the seed in the pot that plant will grow in. My Rock Wool grow system now includes a transplant. I have tried to germinate in 6" rockwool cubes but the seeds drown because they hold too much water. The 1.5" rock wool starter cube will dry down in a day or two and air can get to the seed so they don't drown but timing the move is tricky. Overall I have noticed smaller plants than when I was growing DWC and never moving that seedling.

2023-08-16_15-57-45.jpg

Hope this give you some ideas!

I am not full moon but I have an answer for you that may apply. Autoflowering plants have a very short veg time, anything that can slow growth in that timeframe can stunt a plant permanently. A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in 3 days under good conditions. Whenever that tap root hits bottom or air it will slow down and even stop - air pruning. It is the lateral roots that grow off the tap root that become the feeder roots. The longer the tap root the bigger the root ball will be and the bigger the plant to it's genetic potential. Yes, feeder roots do grow laterals but it takes more time than the tap root and that is the problem, autos don't have time to spare. Most transplanting methods risk slowing down (or damaging) the tap root. The Meristem is at the very tip of the root, these are the only cells that divide to grow the plant's roots. It can be damaged quite easily. People germinating in towels or soaking risk damaging this very delicate tissue with just the slightest bump! A lot of the time the feeder roots can take over the future growth of the plant and it will survive but stunted. I highly recommend to plant the seed in the pot that plant will grow in. My Rock Wool grow system now includes a transplant. I have tried to germinate in 6" rockwool cubes but the seeds drown because they hold too much water. The 1.5" rock wool starter cube will dry down in a day or two and air can get to the seed so they don't drown but timing the move is tricky. Overall I have noticed smaller plants than when I was growing DWC and never moving that seedling.

View attachment 1624666

Hope this give you some ideas!a

autoplant growth cycle:
weeks 1-3 = veg stage
weeks 4-10 = flower stage

I watched your pyramid grows closely, and also haven't a clue whats going "wrong". Some things come to my mind which are different. Giving them more space below with some (2cm) pebbles below gave me a good increase in growth.
Your take off also looks OK , but did you just water the pyramids or did you presoak them at ec 1200-1400 and 5.8-6.0?
Perhaps you started too low - i adopted ec levels from my old DWC chart as soon as i feed them.
At least we can sort out the medium as difference.
Your soil girls look very good! So don't get distracted on those pyramids, if they don't work out.

The problem I had starting in 7 gallon pots was that it was hard to tell how much water was getting to the roots. The middle of the pot would be dry and free of roots. The roots would follow the water down the sides of the pot. I learned this by examining the roots after harvest.
The whole idea is to keep the soil evenly moist. That starts when you mix the soil and put it in the pot. Like mixing cement, there should be no wet clumps or dry spots. I find that it is easier to keep a small starter pot properly watered for it's first 14 days. Before I transplant up I make sure that the soil is in the larger pot is perfectly moist.
I had both good and bad results sowing in a rockwool cube centered in the final pot. I have made the observation that any seed that takes a more than a week to germinate and stand up straight usually make a stunter.

Back