Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023 Bob's first go at a SOG - Sawney's SOS grown in BioTabs

Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023
Germination
Hey Friends :toke:

Three days on and most of the seeds have germinated or at least have cracked. I started with a cleanup job which I should have done earlier, but then I'm lazy :shrug:For the third time I'm reusing this soil and I just dumped the old root stubs with the leftover soil from last time in the tub with the leftover soil. Gave it a couple of good punches and this is what I was left with. I don't know anymore who asked me a while ago, but the roots don't have issues going through those pouches...:thumbsup:
1671829022464 _small.jpg

I mixed this old dry soil with the soil in the barrel...No need to add anymore amendments at this time as 50% of the soil is still unused and has been brewing for more then three months with the Startrex and Silicium Flash. When needed I can topdress the soil with the Silicium Flash as need be, but I don't think we'll need to be doing that :wiz:
1671829022460 _small.jpg

I filled up the 3.5L / 0.92gal pots with about 1/2L or two Solocups full of soil.
1671829022455 _small.jpg

Then it was time to take out the big guns. For this round BioTabs provided me with two ten packs of them BioTabs.:headbang::shooty:
1671829022450 _small.jpg

I dropped one whole BioTab in a corner on top of the soil...I had been contemplating if I should crack them, but I decided against it and just dropped one whole tab in each pot.
1671829022445 _small.jpg

Then topped of the pots until the brim. I didn't press the soil or anything. I try to keep it as fluffy as possible while the worms start to take hold in the soil.
1671829022439 _small.jpg

:woohoo1: Next up the seeds.:woohoo1:
As I said, most seeds did germinate. About four weren't cracked yet. I've set them aside until tomorrow to check if more seeds did germinate. Anyhow, I had enough sprouts to sow into the pots. :coffee:
1671829022431 _small.jpg

Full house!! :yay::woohoo::yay:
I figured out it was easier to transfer the tray with the pots without first watering them, so there I went to the tent. Once there I had a bit of an issue getting the try into the tent as both are 60x60... An empty tray is easy, but filled with sixteen pots...Food for thought. :coffee2:
Some of you might have noticed, but I put some plastic tape around the pots to keep them together during transport. This has probably save my skin while squeezing the tray inside the tent...
1671829022427 _small.jpg

Installed my trusty NodeMCU with temperature, humidity, lux and CO2 sensor drop in the middle of the table and slided the whole unit as low as I could get it so the lux sensor give an approx. value of the light intensity.
1671829022422 _small.jpg

As usual just before watering I measured five teaspoons of Bactrex and dropped it into 5L of water. :shooty:
1671829022418 _small.jpg

Before watering the pots I dispenced one teaspoon of Mycotrex on top of the soil and worked that in with my fingers.
1671829022414 _small.jpg

I'm trying to be very careful with the amount of water I'm giving these pots. First of the soil was already 'moist', not wet...though. I'll try to photograph how I water one of the next times...
1671829022408 _small.jpg

Set the extraction fan to the below setting. I didn't have time to hack it yet, so this grow will probably be adjusted via this knob.
1671829022400 _small.jpg

The TS-1000 on the other hand is completely controlled by my Blynk app. The blue light is the NodeMCU inside the plastic box.
1671829022396 _small.jpg

And these are the values inside the tent after a couple of hours running before I placed the pots inside the tent and now an hour after placing the pots inside.
The temperature is a bit on the low side, so I'm going to adjust the light a bit from 66 to 75%, this will probably raise the temperature enough for the seedlings to enjoy it's heat and grow, grow, grow!!!
I've also ordered a 55x55cm 48Watt heating mat to put underneath the tray. This will aid me in the winter to keep the tent up to temperature without light poisoning my ladies. And since the values which my CO2 meter gives are a bit to high to be correct I've ordered a newer, bit more expensive (like 4 times more expensive) sensor.
1671831066872 _small.jpg

Regards,

Bob :toke:

im along for the ride bob and are these gonna stay in these pots till the end

Back