Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023 Bob's first go at a SOG - Sawney's SOS grown in BioTabs

Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023
I have used a dehydrator for Over ten year's so you are asking the right guy.
I have found that if you let the buds lose the chlorophyll then dry at 30 degree they are as good as Sun dried . If you have grown with hydro you will need well flushed flowers for a similar result.
I recommend a dryer to cut out a few days .
I'm growing with biotabs under the benevolent gaze of our friend @Bob's Auto's :)
So basically it's 2 days in a dark and cool room to loose chlorophyl, then maybe 2 or 3 days in the dehy at 30°C - am I right ?

@NORB YIPPLS & @Sawney_bean, Thank you guys for the rep :cheers:

View attachment 1586223

Yup, those are trichomes!! :yoinks: I'll be using my trusty grinder from now on. :eyebrows:
View attachment 1586224

I didn't want to disturb the buds inside the jar. This one was clean before I went to the lungroom to remove the buds from the drying rack.
So I weight this jar and another one empty. The difference was 63gr :cheers: And this is only one layer. I've got two more layers drying and the lot that's inside the tent... :woohoo1::eyebrows:
View attachment 1586225

Humidity at 64%...Not bad at all!! :headbang:
View attachment 1586226

The amount of frost on these buds is just....AAAHAHaAAAAA!!!!!:yay:
View attachment 1586227
View attachment 1586228
View attachment 1586229
View attachment 1586230
I see that jar and wish I had some. I also see you have written in pen on the jar , I need to get some stickers made up for you and others.

I'm growing with biotabs under the benevolent gaze of our friend @Bob's Auto's :)
So basically it's 2 days in a dark and cool room to loose chlorophyl, then maybe 2 or 3 days in the dehy at 30°C - am I right ?
If you are not in a hurry for bud I would go for hanging the buds for 3 days and then a slow dry at the lowest temperature . You can also add a timer for a cycle of 2hours on and 2hours off . This will help equalise the moisture at a more even rate for better quality. Think of a dryer as a small controllable environment . You can also add the dehydrator to a tent for equalization of environment.

looking awesome bob you need steady hands for those scope pics and that's something I haven't got

Yup, steady hands or take an abundance of pictures. Those above aren't all the pictures that were made, I guarantee you that my friend :cheers:
Loads get trashed because they aren't sharp or blurry. 🚮

Do you guys use a microphone stand for your microscope camera:cooldance: Bought mine on Amazon for <25$
64C33B52-E60F-403B-980F-64F83C0B2A32.jpeg

Do you guys use a microphone stand for your microscope camera:cooldance: Bought mine on Amazon for <25$
View attachment 1586256
I've seen your posts about this before. Do you have a link to this handle? As my USB camera is the same formfactor.

I've seen your posts about this before. Do you have a link to this handle? As my USB camera is the same formfactor.
This is the exact one I have only been using a short while and am happy but it is cheap we shall see how long it last there are many different ones

Microphone stand link

Back