Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

Hey Breeders :weed:

So I wanted to add my seeds to the collection, which is an old Tupperware tub I confiscated. But I couldn't get the lid to fit anymore :shrug:
What to do now? Get a bigger box was my first thought, but the missus didn't like the fact that I'd be using even more space in the fridge for my "hobbies". So I put each pack of seeds into a small centrifuge vial, labeled it, fixed the label with some extra sticky tape. Meanwhile I updated my Excel file so I now have an accurate count of every seed in my collection.
The vials went into the tub without problems, but I felt they could be held more secure in the tub. So I took a couple pieces of Oases which I roughly cut to size and pressed each vial into the Oases.
1659001919742_small.jpg

Next todo is figure out a Naming scheme to write in the lids. Could be as easy as 1,2,3,... as this is my entire collection :haha:
1659001919739_small.jpg

1659001919735_small.jpg

Each vial is filled as followed...Seeds, a small piece/wad of toilet paper and on top of that a few grains of desiccant
1659001919731_small.jpg

Regards,

Bob :toke:

nice....I kept a few of those to house pollen if I ever get a good amount. Bought these for seeds.
View attachment 1493380
Nice, have several of those in different sizes to, but I thought it would be overkill since the majority of the cultivars contains three seeds or so. :shrug:

Hey Breeders :weed:

So I wanted to add my seeds to the collection, which is an old Tupperware tub I confiscated. But I couldn't get the lid to fit anymore :shrug:
What to do now? Get a bigger box was my first thought, but the missus didn't like the fact that I'd be using even more space in the fridge for my "hobbies". So I put each pack of seeds into a small centrifuge vial, labeled it, fixed the label with some extra sticky tape. Meanwhile I updated my Excel file so I now have an accurate count of every seed in my collection.
The vials went into the tub without problems, but I felt they could be held more secure in the tub. So I took a couple pieces of Oases which I roughly cut to size and pressed each vial into the Oases.
View attachment 1493350

Next todo is figure out a Naming scheme to write in the lids. Could be as easy as 1,2,3,... as this is my entire collection :haha:
View attachment 1493351

View attachment 1493352

Each vial is filled as followed...Seeds, a small piece/wad of toilet paper and on top of that a few grains of desiccant
View attachment 1493353

Regards,

great collection mate. Think of when you have more you will need a bigger fridge. :rofl:

New start - Season 2023
Hey Growers,

We're back... :raccacooniecrosseye:
This season I've got several crosses from all different locations on the globe, which is so amazing!!! Once you make friends on AFN all sorts of goodies make it your way 👌:d5:
I also dropped a penny into the original breeders wallet, which wasn't easy for a European btw and got my hands on some original warez...So without further ado...
  • Mephisto's Wedding (Original from Mephisto)
  • Double Grape x Toof Decay (Original from Mephisto)
  • Mephisto's Wedding x Forum Stomper (Cross from Force of Nature on Strainly)
  • Mephisto's Wedding x Mystery Male (unclassified until the donor says otherwise)
1682776181767 _small.jpg

1682776181524 _small.jpg

Now the waiting game starts...I'll update you guys when I have something new to report 🐥

Regards,

Back