broken a branch in first grow

bamdamhigh

New User
Reaction score
After toping my first grow auto-flower a few days ago(she is 21 days old), I broke one of my top branches by mistake while LST, I tried to attach it back with a wire but It looked very dead to me.

should I take it off now? Also, should I take the other one off too, or just let it be as the new top? Lastly, what about the leaves in the same node? cut them or leave them?

Attachments

• IMG_5625.jpg
    IMG_5625.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5626.jpg
    IMG_5626.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5627.jpg
    IMG_5627.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5628.jpg
    IMG_5628.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
@bamdamhigh :welcome: welcome to AFN :welcome: This has happened to all of us sooner or later. I keep a roll of grafting tape handy for just this reason. It is designed to stretch and seal and hold giving the best possible chance for the problem to heal. I have reattached branches I completely broke off and had them heal!

ScreenHunter_250 Mar. 05 18.18.jpg

Get some and be prepared for the next boo boo.

:toke:

After toping my first grow auto-flower a few days ago(she is 21 days old), I broke one of my top branches by mistake while LST, I tried to attach it back with a wire but It looked very dead to me.

should I take it off now? Also, should I take the other one off too, or just let it be as the new top? Lastly, what about the leaves in the same node? cut them or leave them?
Plent of time left for the plant to recoop. This happens to the best of growers.

Regarding tapes for repair, either woven cotton or paper-based first aid tapes work well, are fully non-toxic and like Parafilm allow air exchange while likely being cheaper (although shorter length vs. Parafilm, one roll will likely last many years or even a life-time of plant repair) and definitely much more readily available.

Can someone tell me what is that? Why the leaves look like eaten? Also I do have some weird yellow stains what is that they also show on the new small leaves

ps: my water ph has been around 4.5 for the past few feedings this week. Waiting for my ph+ to arrive before that I had it around 6.2-6.6

Attachments

• IMG_5636.jpeg
    IMG_5636.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5639.jpeg
    IMG_5639.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Can someone tell me what is that? Why the leaves look like eaten? Also I do have some weird yellow stains what is that they also show on the new small leaves

ps: my water ph has been around 4.5 for the past few feedings this week. Waiting for my ph+ to arrive before that I had it around 6.2-6.6
Ive had that. my guess Somethings off. Deficiencys can do that. I thought for sure I had bugs. Ph may have alot to do with that. Its bound to be locking out some of the nutrients. Bet once you get your pen they will stop appearing. Obviously the ones that are already effected will always be that way. And I use regular old black electrical tape when I break a branch. Worked everytime for me so far and I or most everyone has it on hand

I wouldnt worry about it much but leaves can come in like that, I have a few on my Ayahuasca Purple. Sometimes it happens but if the plants are otherwise happy Id leave it. Still does its job, just kind of an eyesore. By the time it flowers out you'll never notice it.

Back