"Fast Fem" freebie seeds- auto or pp?

NugzonIce

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
So, I ordered Fastbuds autos from NASC and got some freebies last year. 2 seeds said photoperiod blueberry, and 2 were in a pack with a note that said Fast Fem Strawberry Banana. I assumed it meant fastbuds. I'm now second guessing that.

Sprouted on December 16. There is no sex showing yet, which is different than my last (first) grow. Can you tell from a pic? The stalk and branch nodes have the chunky look of the autos I grew. I'll add a pic or two. I topped this at 5th node. One of the main lower branches broke when I was trying to train it so it
20230120_135339.jpg
20230120_174446.jpg
olas. If it's a photo or some weird variation I'll have to rethink things. Thanks in advance

It's definitely been long enough for it to show autoflower characteristics. I would guess an I'm almost positive that's a photo .The only time I had a auto take that long it's been outdoors with irregular light an it was one of those autos that were considered Xtra large an those XXL autos took a little longer to auto .

Fast fem to me sounds like a photo to auto cross F1 probably
Thanks, this kind of thing is new to me so I'm now researching F1, F3 etc. I think you're right, looks like F1 is a cross between a photo and auto 1st generation? That would explain the chonky node intersections. I emailed North Atlantic seed Co to ask and haven't heard back yet. My invoice lists as AF SB FAST FEM, if anyone knows what the AF and SB stand for please share

hey there @NugzonIce - only just over a month old, so it could be slow or as pointed out it could be a photoperiod/fast fem.

Best course of action if you see now signs soon, is to flip the lights to induce flowering and take it from there.

It's definitely been long enough for it to show autoflower characteristics. I would guess an I'm almost positive that's a photo .The only time I had a auto take that long it's been outdoors with irregular light an it was one of those autos that were considered Xtra large an those XXL autos took a little longer to auto .
auto will start show sex at week 3 here is the auti grwo cycle: weeks 1-3 veg the weeks 4-12 flower

I'd treat like a photo at this point. Even if it is from a auto seeding, they sometimes express the photo trait. Had to chop one of my 6 current plants from a seeding run I did this summer because it didn't turn while the others did..

"Fast" seeds are still photoperiods. Autoflowering appears to be a recessive trait, so "half" autos from photo+auto crosses are still photoperiods, but being heterozygous for the autoflowering trait may make their flowering trigger quicker once the light cycle does change. There's some discussion in this thread about Fast strains.

"Fast" seeds are still photoperiods. Autoflowering appears to be a recessive trait, so "half" autos from photo+auto crosses are still photoperiods, but being heterozygous for the autoflowering trait may make their flowering trigger quicker once the light cycle does change. There's some discussion in this thread about Fast strains.
Thank you, I'm reading through that thread now. I think the error occured in my head because I expected auto seeds, order was fastbuds, so when I saw Fast I assumed it was abbreviated from fastbuds :coffee2:

Back