Photoperiod Cannaficionado's Next Barneys Farm Grow in my 3x3

Day 27
Thought Id throw another post up today. Tangerine dream is really moving along, while the lemon tree is really falling behind. Both appear happy and healthy. Just the lemon tree doesnt wanna grow very fast at all. Im wondering if its suppose to be in a hotter more humid climate.
20230401_190304.jpg
20230401_190258.jpg
20230401_190141.jpg
20230401_190134.jpg
20230401_190129.jpg

Thinking about doing a second top already on the tangerine and leaving the lemon tree alone for a while so it can catch up. Both are suppose to be similar sized plants, meant to grow in similar conditions. Its a little dry in there but its usually in the low 50% and the temp never gets above 73, so vpd should be right in thr ballpark....idk its frustrating me.

looks good i feel mine are stalled out too

Just decided to tighten up some of the lst wire and start holding down other branches. Also did a bit of lst on the lemon tree.View attachment 1579624View attachment 1579625View attachment 1579626
Almost out of wire, gonna have to get more soon
I forgot to add. Doing a second top on the tangerine dream after the next watering. Should be a few days from now. Idk if I wanna top all the branches or just do a few...ive actually never topped more than once before.

Day 31
So Im a month in and finally im noticing some actual improvements on the lemon tree. Watering later today and doing another top on both plants tomorrow after work. Wanted to throw the update up before everything gets droopy after watering

Lemon Tree
20230404_161820.jpg

Tangerine dream and current tent conditions.
20230404_161818.jpg
20230404_161830.jpg

Turned the temp down for the whole house. During the winter I like it at 72, now that its warming up I dropped it to 69. Seems like whatever my thermostat is set to thats the temp in my tent.

So Im a month in and finally im noticing some actual improvements on the lemon tree. Watering later today and doing another top on both plants tomorrow after work. Wanted to throw the update up before everything gets droopy after watering

Lemon Tree
View attachment 1580184

Tangerine dream and current tent conditions.
View attachment 1580185View attachment 1580186

Turned the temp down for the whole house. During the winter I like it at 72, now that its warming up I dropped it to 69. Seems like whatever my thermostat is set to thats the temp in my tent.
So I did not water yesterday like I wanted, left my spring water in the car, was much too cold. So I watered today, gonna let that sit for today with the feed I gave both. Fox farm nutes, big bloom, grow big, boomerang, kangaroots, and kelp with this one. It week 4 on their nutrient line but I stay away from wholly mackerel because grow big, boomerang and kelp have enough nitrogen in them to keep the balance going. Fed half doses which came out to about 675ppm, right where I wanted it. Also added a 1/4 dose of microbe brew to help recolonize some myco. Root drench has myco, but less content than microbe brew and since its been a month and the soil is last seasons, I think it needs a heathly colony of microbes brought back into the mix.

Topping to come tomorrow or friday depending on how they react to getting fed. Already drooping because the water was still a bit cold, temped in at 66°.

kelp and molasses two things i wanna try

kelp and molasses two things i wanna try
I only put kelp in there because its part of the feed schedule...idk what the benefits are and as a fertigate its kind of weak so I dont mind adding it at .5-0-.5. Little bit of nitrogen and potassium to keep some balance.

Day 35
Tangerine Dream

Topped all the lower branches yesterday. The top 2 branches from the original top havent put enough nodes on to be beneficial yet, but I think this is where I am going to stop with this one. Now its just about lst and opening up these new tops to as much light as possible.
20230408_161100.jpg
20230408_160903.jpg
20230408_160856.jpg

Took these pics before I did anything but I opened up this plant a bit after my nap today.

Lemon tree
20230408_160906.jpg
20230408_160908.jpg

I think the colder temps are really slowing this plant down. Its growing and happy but just slow. So Im just gonna let this one do its thing and just manage what I have. As you can see, compared to my last post its lost a good deal of foliage. I chopped the 2 lowest branches entirely as they were now touching the dirt after they got wide enough. Chopped a bunch of big fan leaves to expose the branches to more light. To help it stretch a bit I really raised the light. Its aboyt 48 inches above now and I increased the intensity so that both plants are getting just under 350ppfd.

Conditions
20230408_160926.jpg

Back