Lighting COBSHOP..why not follow through with Instagram Giveaways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gza

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
@BigSm0 I had tried to forget about this but after a friend bought it up here on the Mephisto forum I thought I would see what your story actually is. For everyone that does not know, I live in South Africa and have been an avid fan of cob shop for roughly two years although never actually owing one of his lights. To cut a very long story short, I entered a competition on Instagram whereby Cobshop was doing a giveaway as he had reached 11k followers. The competition was simple, pick a number from 1 to 1000, I thought I was clever and decided to choose 048 since the main component used in the light is the Citizen CLU 048 as far as I know. So, after a few days I received a message from Cobshop to say congrats and that I had won the giveaway. I was of course super thrilled as I have been wanting one of these lights for ages now. Cobshop said that he was no longer offering international shipping but would be willing to share the shipping cost with me. I of course agreed, he then sent a quote saying that the shipping rate would be the same for one or two lights...I then decided to take the opportunity and grab a second light. I requested an invoice for one light and 50% shipping cost. I eventually received an invoice after numerous emails and instagram messages but for the full shipping cost. I then kindly requested to please resend with the 50% shipping fee as we had agreed and that's when things went completely quiet. I messaged the guy for roughly two months and nothing, he even banned me from his instagram....what the hell is up with that???
One guy on Instagram who I was talking to is apparently a friend of his and said he is going through some personal stuff which fair enough I can understand but then don't see why has continued to post numerous giveaways since not fulfilling mine. I even wanted to buy a second light as to make it worth his while, I was nothing but nice to the guy from day one and cannot understand how people can seem so legit and then do this.
I am happy to post my entire conversation with Cobshop in case some of you don't believe me as I know he has a huge...almost cult following here at AFN. I would prefer not to have to do this though but rather just hear from the man himself. Maybe this will actually get your attention.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191222_210157_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20191222_210157_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
Unfortunate circumstances for sure. I have 4 - 3500K Autocobs from BigSm0 and I love the lights and what they produce. My only transaction with him was very good with great communication so I’m surprised to hear of your problem.

@Gza
Do you have a copy of the actual correspondence between you and him? lets see it..sounds like a case of miscommunication to me. makes no sense that someone would ban a customer from a social media account where they advertise their products knowing full well it would come back to bite them..

@Gza
Do you have a copy of the actual correspondence between you and him? lets see it..sounds like a case of miscommunication to me. makes no sense that someone would ban a customer from a social media account where they advertise their products knowing full well it would come back to bite them..
Let the people involved work it out Ron!

Unfortunate circumstances for sure. I have 4 - 3500K Autocobs from BigSm0 and I love the lights and what they produce. My only transaction with him was very good with great communication so I’m surprised to hear of your problem.

And I have many autocobs and I know part of the reason you have some is because I had them first and you saw the results. And I believe u know I liked the service too. I should have gotten commission! its funny how word of mouth gets around. and it goes both ways. That's the way world rolls man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back