Participate!

I'm putting all my grows in here from now, might cross post a bit but that's all good!

Some of the DWC guys are running custom but they cant fool me! lol any system is pretty easy to engineer
Will do

Anyone got any advice for starting in rockwool?? I do the paper towel to the cube, but I've had tap roots come out the top and have to very carefully turn it around. I've also had shells still on the head and not wanna bust loose, sometimes i can get them out lol... just wanna see what you guys do and if you have these issues too! I lose about 25% to the rockwool a few were my own fault though lol... thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Anyone got any advice for starting in rockwool?? I do the paper towel to the cube, but I've had tap roots come out the top and have to very carefully turn it around. I've also had shells still on the head and not wanna bust loose, sometimes i can get them out lol... just wanna see what you guys do and if you have these issues too! I lose about 25% to the rockwool a few were my own fault though lol... thanks guys!

Have a look at this guide.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/germination-the-ronin-way.33891/

I don't use rockwool personally as there can be pH issues.

The guys will chime in and probably scold you for soaking/paper towel but all methods do work.

A guide I will make soon lol

This grow is our first utilizing autos, and first for seed germination. The Two beans meant for DWC were started in rock wool and have not sprouted. The other three were started in root riots for planting in coco blend side by side in the grow as comparison and all of them needed help to remove the seed husk. Followed @Ronin seed germ method, with poor results, but thinking it may be the seeds because one of the root plug seeds is a full day ahead of the rest and growing like a CHAMP. Certainly not the expert advice you were seeking, just put experience thus far. Contacted the distributor today, awaiting reply. They were bogos --- so I stuck three more in root plugs today. The originals were started on 03/01. The Champ has four leaves and the other two are trying to open up fully. One actually pushed itself out of the plug twice, Def see the need to poke thru the entire plug before dropping them in!

Ronin's method not super ideal but similar to how I do things, will redo and add in some stuff about seed orientation etc.

Funny, all this stuff is on the site just not in a digestable format which is what new hydro guys need (and us vets when we brain fart)

[emoji23][emoji23] I'm newer to the hydro game and the paper towel method was foreign to me but gotta listen to the old ladys advice shes the one that turned me lol I just checked it out, those wont break down and muddy the water will they?? most of the people there seemed to be doing soil or coco lol... That's always been my hesitation to getting those... my brain just thinks they're like the jiffy pot things that expand lol

Seemed legit, I just used a heat mat instead of a router, lol. And a starter tray in a mini greenhouse instead of a Tupperware dish. So not exactly his method... We did not soak seeds, rather saturated cubes, popped in the beans, squeezed excess water out 14 or so hours later, been keeping the them warm and moist since. Feeling down...:frowny:

Seemed legit, I just used a heat mat instead of a router, lol. And a starter tray in a mini greenhouse instead of a Tupperware dish. So not exactly his method... We did not soak seeds, rather saturated cubes, popped in the beans, squeezed excess water out 14 or so hours later, been keeping the them warm and moist since. Feeling down...:frowny:
Try cutting a + I'm the bottom halfway through and if your plugs have mesh cut the bottom mesh out

Yeah, well the intention was to use rock wool for the DWC. Plugs for the coco blend. Gonna run plants in both with same nutes and everything else to get a feel for preference. Only nothing has come of the rock wool seeds.... Yet. From my understanding, the plugs I used, different brand than root riot, are inert, although the runoff is a bit stained...

Back