Sweet Seeds Dark Devil Sweet Seeds L.E.D canna terra soil grow

How is lime not going to work? It does what it does, it raises and stabilizes around 7. I can really sypathize, I'm just about dialing in my ph, which some find easy, I found very hard, but my plants have never looked better.
That is just MY situation however. I really am no expert but I've learnt that very few grow environments are the same. YOUR water ph, soil, light, humidity etc etc ALL the variables will be different from mine and most others. Soil ph is important, that's all I can say. Read your plants, sometimes a step back and re-evalutation is needed. I've learnt quickly that a higher ph in soil (6.5-7.0) is better than lower (6.0-5.5), lime will keep things in check if your too low I believe, well it's worked for me.

Just my opinion,

Karma to your plants, I'm sure you will crack it.

- - - Updated - - -

How is lime not going to work? It does what it does, it raises and stabilizes around 7. I can really sypathize, I'm just about dialing in my ph, which some find easy, I found very hard, but my plants have never looked better.
That is just MY situation however. I really am no expert but I've learnt that very few grow environments are the same. YOUR water ph, soil, light, humidity etc etc ALL the variables will be different from mine and most others. Soil ph is important, that's all I can say. Read your plants, sometimes a step back and re-evalutation is needed. I've learnt quickly that a higher ph in soil (6.5-7.0) is better than lower (6.0-5.5), lime will keep things in check if your too low I believe, well it's worked for me.

Just my opinion,

What ive recently read is that canna terra is classed as a soilless medium and PH should be kept around 5.8-6.2. I didnt know this so have assumed i had PH problems (wouldnt go above 6) and tried to raise it. This is why i brought dolomite.
KylieKay is using the same medium and nutes as me and has been following the 5.8-6.2 PH instructions given on the bottle (only found her thread today) and has obviously had massive success!!
I added the dolomite the other day so im hoping its not going to send my medium out of whack and upset my plants further.

I only read this info and saw Kylies thread today so im waiting on one of the staff members t get back t me in regards t what i should do. If the PH should be low then chances are dolomite is going to up it higher than i need as it would of been PH perfect anyways.
If PH is supposed t be the same as other soil mediums then hopefully the dolomite will sort it out and everyones a winner :)

Until i know where my PH is at that i just dont know ya know! :p Thanks f the advice though dazed :) Appreciate it :Sharing One:

Apologies f the hijack KylieKay! Just cant leave this page.... demz buds look too good ;)

How is lime not going to work? It dis what I have bes what it does, it raises and stabilizes around 7. I can really sypathize, I'm just about dialing in my ph, which some find easy, I found very hard, but my plants have never looked better.

Just my opinion,

- - - Updated - - -

Just my opinion,

Cheers Dazed, all environments are different you are correct. But by ph ing water and nutes this guarantees that part of the environment is the same. Also I believe with the canna terra, the lower ph range is better. The soil starts at 5.5 out of the bag, if you start watering with 6.5, there is a chance you are going to shock the plants with that difference. Also as far as I understand, root development is encouraged with acidic soils(below ph 7.0). So I start watering with the rhizo mixture at 5.7 and work up to 6.3 during flower. The other reason is that much more nutes are available for uptake between 5.8 and 6.2. The lower end benefits N uptake, which you want during veg and the upper end(6.3)benefits both the P and K whilst limiting N.
Just pointing out you may well have more experience than me, and as far as I know this is correct lol, also I can only tell u about canna, no other good soils are available where I live without major effort, this is just what works for me, cheers for reading.
P.s. I have found I dont even ph my soil anymore, I just ph absolutely everything that goes in the soil, no exceptions. Never add ph up and down in the same mix. If u stuff it up, tip it out and start again.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Chandy, I am not sure about what to do with the lime now sry, but next time dont ever check the ph of your canna terra, have trust if you put the right thing in it will remain good. It is one less thing you have to do and although hard at the start(we all want to check every 5 mins lol) you wont even think about it after a while. It will be one less worry. Not hijacking at all, we welcome all comments/criticism/suggestions. And your comments are always nice lol

Because i assumed Canna Terra was classed as a normal soil medium and i was going by this chart http://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Nutrient_Chart2.gif is what made me assume my plants werent getting any or very little nutes. Andy reckons that should defo be the way t go still so im gonna do a wee experiment with 2 of my baby northerns. One at usual recommended PH and one at canna recommended PH and see how we get on :) .....although now ive added dolomite it might not work. Oh dear, lol. We'll give it a whirl anyways :) Whats the worst that can happpen *AHEM, dead plants! Ahem* lol.

Dark Devil Day 53 packing on the bud and weight shes had 2 doses of pk 13/14 over the past 5 day... only 1 dose left to go. This plant has only been in flower for 19 days lol. There are some light hues of purple coming in through the flowers, not sure if you can see them on the photos yet. The smell of this plant is delicious, smells like sweet berries. Enjoy the many pics and happy growing

EiCfbdV.jpg
r8BK4z3.jpg
bftiVAa.jpg
HwD8h4p.jpg
hlC4UPY.jpg
ojJjo9Y.jpg
7Lit7yD.jpg
y6tlKzo.jpg
nllGC8O.jpg
r5duADF.jpg
L3GOD6d.jpg
IVXVgQf.jpg

Woo that is nice kyliekay and only 19 days flowering too.

Oh my god.....19 days of flowering??? Better not let that plant drive, the roid rage might get her in trouble. That's truly amazing flowering. "Bailers Booya"

I'm guessing 1200W had a little something to do with that....:)

very nice looking plant:)
and thats outstanding for 19 days of flower!
how old was it when it started flowering?!

- - - Updated - - -

Damn those are looking nice and frosty. Great work man Im jealous lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers man.. I reckon day 34 she started. :):) look back at the pics tell me what u think, im a noob so sorta just guessing, dont really know what determines the day it happens :Sharing One:

Last edited:
ok ill have a look at ur older pages of this thread and check her out.but damn she looks good..height? im guessing on or around 70-75 day mark for that lady..would be frosty and big by then..its crazy that thing flowererd that fast in 19 days.damn good job! :)

Back