Extraction Does it need to be an alcohol tincture to work

Title says it all. I want to take a tincture sublingual, but I dont want alcohol. I tried alcohol and it mess my mouth up lol, it actually burned my mouth under my tongue. Was not fun at all and dont want to mess with alcohol. Not good for ya and with how much I would take would add up. I heard that for it to work sublingual it must be alcohol. Is that true? Can anyone verify 1 way or the other? I want to make tincture in mbm2, add either honey or VG, reclaim my alcohol or most of it. I can add honey/VG after not sure if it would burn in my distiller. So there would be some alcohol, I would get as much out as I can tho. Would this work sublingual? I eat gummies but take 2hrs like a clock with me so want something with a slightly more of a instant gratification lol. Anyone have experience with this?
I am with you on the alcohol tincture. I tried it and hate what it does to my mouth. So now I make my tincture from rosin mixed in MCT oil. Works a treat, does not burn my mouth, and unlike direct extract into oil, allows mixing to whatever strength I want.

You could also extract decarbed weed directly into the MCT or other oil, but I prefer the extra control of starting with rosin. :biggrin: :pighug:

I am with you on the alcohol tincture. I tried it and hate what it does to my mouth. So now I make my tincture from rosin mixed in MCT oil. Works a treat, does not burn my mouth, and unlike direct extract into oil, allows mixing to whatever strength I want.

You could also extract decarbed weed directly into the MCT or other oil, but I prefer the extra control of starting with rosin. :biggrin: :pighug:
I do not use any oils anymore. The saturated fats in them (which you need for it to work) are worse than the alcohol lol. I use to eat really bad and no longer any saturated fats, trans fats, and cholesterol that I dont have to. If I can cut them out I do. Like for instance I precook my pepperoni when I make pizza. I use much less than I use to, and take almost all grease out in microwave. Paper towels soak up most of the grease to the point its crispy. May sound strange, but it works lol. If I can remove it I will still cant avoid it totally tho. Your arteries can only take so much till they close, so its a compromise to completely giving up foods I like. I stop with coconut oil because it's a lie! It says its heart healthy, but that's false. The heart association sold out by backing them. It get its "heart healthy" tag because it can reduce cholesterol, which is good. The problem is its absolutely loaded with saturated fat!!! It has more saturated fat than butter, 1.5x the amount. It has 13g's of saturated fat in 1 tbsp!!! :yoinks:

20211008_111630.jpg

Go ask a cardiologist if they would call 13g/tbsp heart healthy... IT AIN'T! Coconut oil works excellent for infusing, but it is horrible for your heart indirectly. I'm sure MCT oil isnt as bad, but I can make gummies without using oil so I just do that. I also mix rosin in my mbm2 with corn sugar. Makes great syrup for morning coffee, and again no oil. The reason I was looking at tinctures is the speed of the onset. Edibles take to long to kick in lol. I'll get off my soapbox, and stop ranting hahaha. Stay lifted.

I do not use any oils anymore. The saturated fats in them (which you need for it to work) are worse than the alcohol lol. I use to eat really bad and no longer any saturated fats, trans fats, and cholesterol that I dont have to. If I can cut them out I do. Like for instance I precook my pepperoni when I make pizza. I use much less than I use to, and take almost all grease out in microwave. Paper towels soak up most of the grease to the point its crispy. May sound strange, but it works lol. If I can remove it I will still cant avoid it totally tho. Your arteries can only take so much till they close, so its a compromise to completely giving up foods I like. I stop with coconut oil because it's a lie! It says its heart healthy, but that's false. The heart association sold out by backing them. It get its "heart healthy" tag because it can reduce cholesterol, which is good. The problem is its absolutely loaded with saturated fat!!! It has more saturated fat than butter, 1.5x the amount. It has 13g's of saturated fat in 1 tbsp!!! :yoinks:

View attachment 1375816

Go ask a cardiologist if they would call 13g/tbsp heart healthy... IT AIN'T! Coconut oil works excellent for infusing, but it is horrible for your heart indirectly. I'm sure MCT oil isnt as bad, but I can make gummies without using oil so I just do that. I also mix rosin in my mbm2 with corn sugar. Makes great syrup for morning coffee, and again no oil. The reason I was looking at tinctures is the speed of the onset. Edibles take to long to kick in lol. I'll get off my soapbox, and stop ranting hahaha. Stay lifted.
On the matter of fats and oils, I will have to respectfully disagree. I am successfully controlling diabetes by using a ketogenic diet. Almost all of my daily energy comes from fats and oils, and much of that is saturated. The bad reputation that saturated fats has is in my opinion unwarranted. They are good food as long as you are not eating enough to gain excess weight. You are likely doing more damage to yourself eating too many seed oils and too many refined carbohydrates than you are doing good by avoiding natural saturated fats.

Just my opinion, not interested in further argument. Good luck with your grows, and with the diet. :pighug::goodluck:

On the matter of fats and oils, I will have to respectfully disagree. I am successfully controlling diabetes by using a ketogenic diet. Almost all of my daily energy comes from fats and oils, and much of that is saturated. The bad reputation that saturated fats has is in my opinion unwarranted. They are good food as long as you are not eating enough to gain excess weight. You are likely doing more damage to yourself eating too many seed oils and too many refined carbohydrates than you are doing good by avoiding natural saturated fats.

Just my opinion, not interested in further argument. Good luck with your grows, and with the diet. :pighug::goodluck:
Goodluck to you as well.

I understand. The last time I tried alcohol, it burned my mouth and my tongue terribly. Although I used to drink every day, since I underwent a course of treatment at Abbeycare, I got used to alcohol. It's just that I used to be addicted to alcohol. It's scary. My behavior was inadequate. I could start being aggressive for no reason or eat everything in a row. It scared my relatives and my friends too. So alcoholism is scary, and that's why I'm even glad that alcohol causes me such symptoms. Because of this, I have no temptation.
Great to here your back on track, keep it up!

:applause:

Ive used alcohol but to be honest i prefer the mct tincture. nicer taste andjust as good a feeling drop for drop.

:smoking:
Title says it all. I want to take a tincture sublingual, but I dont want alcohol. I tried alcohol and it mess my mouth up lol, it actually burned my mouth under my tongue. Was not fun at all and dont want to mess with alcohol. Not good for ya and with how much I would take would add up. I heard that for it to work sublingual it must be alcohol. Is that true? Can anyone verify 1 way or the other? I want to make tincture in mbm2, add either honey or VG, reclaim my alcohol or most of it. I can add honey/VG after not sure if it would burn in my distiller. So there would be some alcohol, I would get as much out as I can tho. Would this work sublingual? I eat gummies but take 2hrs like a clock with me so want something with a slightly more of a instant gratification lol. Anyone have experience with this?

Hi @McDee i make , take and use a lot of tincture. I believe I posted a couple of links and my results over on the UK forum page a while back.

If your feeling Alcohol burn or even tasting Alcohol then it’s still present in your tincture, It needs reducing more until no Alcohol is present.
The taste of GD tincture FECO or GD tincture should be extremely bitter but absolutely no burn. This can then be mixed with pure MCT Coconut oil , or as I use a little wooden tooth pick to dab the FECO on to my Tongue.

Here you go , I had to change ID from before.

Hey Gromies, for anybody who followed my recent upload of FECA Green Dragon or Golden dragon method, method used was a cross between the two for myself..

I posted this image of my FECO post evaporating a couple of weeks back.
View attachment 1422285

And here is the final product, nice thick sticky FECO ..ready to be mix with pure coconut oil MCT oil.

View attachment 1422287

Im more than pleased with this batch, I used 20g of Bud to produce the above pure Extraction.

Thanks.

🚬

Hi @McDee i make , take and use a lot of tincture. I believe I posted a couple of links and my results over on the UK forum page a while back.

If your feeling Alcohol burn or even tasting Alcohol then it’s still present in your tincture, It needs reducing more until no Alcohol is present.
The taste of GD tincture FECO or GD tincture should be extremely bitter but absolutely no burn. This can then be mixed with pure MCT Coconut oil , or as I use a little wooden tooth pick to dab the FECO on to my Tongue.

Here you go , I had to change ID from before.

Hey Gromies, for anybody who followed my recent upload of FECA Green Dragon or Golden dragon method, method used was a cross between the two for myself..

I posted this image of my FECO post evaporating a couple of weeks back.
View attachment 1422285

And here is the final product, nice thick sticky FECO ..ready to be mix with pure coconut oil MCT oil.

View attachment 1422287

Im more than pleased with this batch, I used 20g of Bud to produce the above pure Extraction.

Thanks.
Do you have a thread where you documented this? I need to add this to my tools of the trade so to speak

Back